Réglisse Noire (2010)

Year of Launch2010

House1000 Flowers
PerfumerJessica Buchanan

About Réglisse Noire

Réglisse Noire is a shared / unisex perfume by 1000 Flowers. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jessica Buchanan

Reviews of Réglisse Noire

Don’t be fooled by this fragrance house name of 1000 flowers, Reglisse Noire starts out very masculine. In fact, I almost didn’t bother to sample because I thought it would be too floral, which it isn’t. The opening licorice note fades to what I call “cold” mint, which seems washed out, like an old mint found in a car seat or something. Usually, I love the smell of licorice, and I love the smell of mints. But Reglisse Noire’s licorice fades too fast, and the weak mint smells plastic. The end result is nondescript and mediocre. I will pass.
21st July, 2014 (last edited: 24th July, 2014)
I love this scent. It's straight up licorice/anise scent is deceiving, because you only realize later the hints of something foresty. I wish I knew the word, but there a dryness that reminded me of Sharif from La Via Del Profumo, or is it Tauer's L'air Du Desert Marocain?Maybe it's the cocoa. Also there was - for lack of a better word an oilyness that reminds me of Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Tonka. Maybe it's the Grasse connection. People seem to love this on me, and I enjoy mixing this with other vanilla or smoky scents. It has a bite! I also tried 2 new scents, Love is Sweet and Narcotic Flowers. Love is Sweet definately had an old world vibe much like AG's Mon Parfum Cherie Par Camille. I say we continue to support the indie perfumers!
03rd March, 2013 (last edited: 07th March, 2013)
A transparent woody composition with a moderately sweet accord of anise and licorice and an overall fresh, sort of minty vibe. Nice but not my type.

Fans of Lolita Lempicka original EDP should take note.
29th March, 2012
jPhx Show all reviews
I have just received my order of Réglisse Noir and it is absolutely exquisite. The initial flood of liquorice that is just right, not too sweet, is perfect and then ever so gradually it softens to a very mellow spiced blend of the notes. Sillage is good and longevity is also good, as it is just noticeable after seven hours on me although quite close to the skin. The 15ml is a handy pouch size, that was superbly wrapped that is perfect for travelling and the 50ml is a divine bottle for the traditional dresser/bureau. If any of the notes are amongst your favorites then do try this beautiful fragrance. 1000 Flowers Reglisse Noire
27th September, 2011
This is a really lovely scent; it starts off cool and misty, like a licorice fog (the "ozone and mint" I suppose) then over time warms to a spicy nice smell, still licorice, but warmer. It never smells earthy, stays sort of on the clean side. Very well put-together. It does not smell strong when I put nose to wrist but little wafts come off it for hours and people can notice it, so it has some throw.

People who notice it comment favorably and nobody actually says "licorice", or "vanilla" or "patchouli", it is definitely blended into something wonderful, the pieces don't stand out.
22nd January, 2011 (last edited: 24th March, 2011)

Add your review of Réglisse Noire

Shop for Réglisse Noire products online

Search Amazon for Réglisse Noire

Member images of Réglisse Noire

There are no member images of Réglisse Noire yet. Why not be the first?