Iris (2010)

HouseCrabtree & Evelyn

About Iris

Iris is a feminine perfume by Crabtree & Evelyn. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Iris

To my nose this one comes off as a bit of a fruit salad, to be honest. The fruit notes are listed as blackcurrant & bergamot, but l get a distinct impression of tinned pears here. ln the beginning there's also something like rubber or vinyl running through it. The iris doesn't make an appearance until around thirty minutes in, & even then it plays second fiddle to the fruity notes, which dominate right to the end. There's a touch of sandalwood along the way, but, like the iris, it doesn't stick around for long. The projection is low, & seven hours in it's fading fast.
As far as a good, rooty iris goes, this one does just doesn't deliver for me. ln fact, l'd say it's an iris for people who don't particularly like iris.
14th October, 2014
16th October, 2011
I got to know this Iris at the recent Excense expo in Milan. I always liked C and E packaging as it reminds me of old British drowings and pictures. Nice watercolors for the new (just a little modernized but still beautifully traditional) collection. I liked that in this composition the iris note is not associated with talk notes, as in too many others iris-based parfumes. Sharp and green I appreciated this scent. But even if I used it in combination with the body lotion it didn't last. Too shy for my taste. Otherwise a good product.
09th April, 2011
This is a beautiful scent. I was doing holiday shopping and fell in love at first sniff at the C&E store at a mall, but walked away--then bought it at another C&E store at an outlet mall the same day. :) It's soft and almost dusty, both rooty and a dash floral, but not sweet or green. Ethereal, sensual, but aloof. It doesn't have power-sillage, but it lasts several hours near the skin and on my clothes. The price point is excellent too. One of my favorites.
04th April, 2011

Add your review of Iris

Shop for Iris products online

Search Amazon for Iris

Member images of Iris

There are no member images of Iris yet. Why not be the first?