Calamity J (2009)

Patchouli, Amber, Iris, Musk

Shop for Calamity J products online

$83.64*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 50.00)

Reviews of Calamity J

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

's avatar

To my nose Calamity J is a nice mix of amber, patchouli, a bit of iris and vanilla, with a nice musk note that's not very animalic/dirty.

It's sweeter than Citizen Queen and also less metallic. Also Calamity J doesnt have the huge aldehydes.

It's very well balanced and unisex in my opinion.

Great scent that's suitable for all year.

26 March, 2013

iivanita's avatar
    iivanita
    Croatia Croatia

I am no fan of ambery scents, as well as patchouli-amber combination, this one pens up with nice earthy iris note, its simple triology, warm, woody, earthy , no flolars, makes it great unisex, but not my cup of tea, it turns sweeter and sweeter, and makes me a bit sick

24 March, 2013

Elzard's avatar
    Elzard

An excellent introduction into patchouli orientated fragrances, with the note never dominating but certainly acting as the soul. The easiest patchouli I have even worn.

24 August, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar
    gimmegreen
    Netherlands Netherlands

Calamity J is a bit of an Ordinary Joe. Earthy, doughy, buttery sweet all the attributes one would expect from a patchouli-iris combo. With a hint of the ambroxan that is the sole component of Not a Perfume, and a whiff of the kind of cardamom one gets from milky sweet chai. All very nice and wearable; would not cause offence in an enclosed space. Subsides into a skin musk.
    However, my immediate response is: 'This smells soo familiar' (probably memories of Bois d'Iris), followed by: 'Where'd it go?'. So if weak dj vu is your thing, look no further.

28 June, 2012

Kaern's avatar
    Kaern

That's odd -- I mainly get orris and amber with the addition of unspecified wood notes in the drydown. I don't really detect the patchouli at all. As said before, not a really groundbreaking mixture, but CJ has a really smooth vibe to it and a lot of care seems to have been used in its creation. Nice, affordable, friendly.

19 March, 2012

claresauntie's avatar
    claresauntie

An amber patchouli, as others have said. I like it for its lack of complexity, to be honest. Sometimes I just want to wear an ambery patch. It's linear on me until a softening in the far drydown; I like both stages. Glad I purchased it - it comforts me and I wear it often.

30th October, 2011