Tilda Swinton Like This (2010)
by Etat Libre d'Orange

Tilda Swinton Like This information

Year of Launch2010

HouseEtat Libre d'Orange
PerfumerMathilde Bijaoui

About Tilda Swinton Like This

Created in collaboration with actress Tilda Swinton, who requested a 'warm' and 'cosy' fragrance.  This inspired the name:"cosy"..."comme ci"... "like this".

Reviews of Tilda Swinton Like This

A soothing, serene combination of notes. It's subtle. The ginger note doesn't figure prominently to my nose. It peeks through only briefly. The pumpkin and immortelle are what "do it" for me. Everything blends well here. Cozy, does seem to describe this perfume rather well. Fragrance for your own personal space. Sillage is negligible in my opinion.

Great gifting perfume for someone 18 to 80.
29th August, 2017
Like This shouldn't work for me - it's very sweet in a sugary way. But it's a million miles from what sweet normally goes with in perfume. Like This smells of slightly burnt sugar and spices (gingerbread or ginger biscuits). It works for me in the same way as some beach fragrances do - it's more of a smell photo than a perfume. I really like it and spend my time sniffing my wrist.

There's a depth to it as well, it smells home-like and autumnal - the orange colour and spices have me thinking of large warm kitchens with windows steaming up. But it's not a 'home fragrance' candidate - it works beautifully on skin.
02nd August, 2017
"Flaming June" by Sir Frederic Leighton 1895
26th October, 2016
Has a soft, powdery opening -- powdery, yet dry. The ginger is of the spice jar variety rather than freshly-cut root. The scent is subtle. The alleged "pumpkin flesh" note is, in my opinion, misleading. I don't get a rather earthy, fleshy, pulpy note at all -- nor do I get pumpkin pie (which one might expect). It is a distinctive note, and not familiar (whatever it is). The floral notes are so muted that I did not detect them -- and normally rose and heliotrope have a distinctive profile. The scent settles into a light ginger-musk, with a faint trace of grassy vetiver. I didn't find it to be compelling, and in fact after a while I got tired of it and washed it off. Not a wretched scent, and not offensive. Just didn't interest me.
10th October, 2016
My first impression of Like This was 'a pancake stack with all the fixings covered in potpourri,' but in a good way. My second was 'richly scented candle,' which would normally bother me but it does not in this instance. There is a strange effect in play here, whereby the body of this scent feels at once buttery and saturated as well as dry and crisp. And, instead of the floral parts retreating from the opening on they seem to emerge, like burning one of those novelty candles with coins and other objects inside. It's funny but it really smells golden, and I can't help but wonder if this is a psychologically associative symptom born from reading the notes pyramid. What really wins me over here is the beautiful interplay of the ginger and heliotrope. This is as lovely and curious a fragrance as the woman whose name it bears.
31st January, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
"Another superficial product utilising shallow celebrity-based marketing strategies" crossed my mind when I applied it to my skin. And I was very pleasantly surprised by the delightful opening blast, with its orangey-herbal opening, a bit of pumpin added, and a well-integrated ginger note interwoven in the whole of the top notes. Unlike in some scents where the ginger clearly dominates - Creed's Tabarôme Millesimé comes to mind - here the ginger is not an olfactoric soloist, but more of a team player.

The drydown turns floral, and it is really an immortelle drydown, although a discrete neroli adds brightness to it. Then later, unlike many other scents whose best parts are usually the top notes, 'Like This' remains convincingly impressive by serving up a lovely vetiver note. It has an earthy touch, but it is not all earthy smokiness like in the 'Fat Electrician'; it is quite a balanced vetiver, albeit more on the earthy than on the fresh side of the vetiver spectrum. Add in a pleasant white musk and the base it a delight too.

The performance is brilliant with moderate sillage, excellent projection and a stupendous longevity of fifteen hours on my skin - wow!

A very nice scent for spring days, this is well blended and a top performer. 3.75/5
15th January, 2016

Add your review of Tilda Swinton Like This

Shop for Tilda Swinton Like This products online

Search Amazon for Tilda Swinton Like This

Member images of Tilda Swinton Like This

There are no member images of Tilda Swinton Like This yet. Why not be the first?