Loud for Him (2010)

PerfumerAurélien Guichard
PerfumerYann Vasnier
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Loud for Him

Loud for Him is a masculine fragrance by Tommy Hilfiger. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Yann Vasnier and Aurélien Guichard

Loud for Him fragrance notes

Reviews of Loud for Him

Let me start off by saying, I enjoy Hilfiger fragrances. They are as designer as can be, yet they take risks, and in most cases end up with a unique but safe fragrance. At least in the past they have, with stuff like the original Tommy, and True Star, but some of this newer stuff has been pretty bad. Loud came out in 2010, right around the time they start transitioning over into just boring mediocre fragrances. Loud is a very boring fragrance, very safe.

Amongst the opening, I get this fruity, jammy rose note, which is pretty nice, very fruity, but goes away quickly unfortunately. It fades into mostly patchouli -- the patchouli note is very wearable though, it isn't heavy, but it is the dominating note. There's still some rose here, but it's more of a naturally sweet rose, and since there is so much patchouli, it's pretty hard to detect the rose. As it dries down, this dirty dry tobacco note emerges and mixes in. I also detect a little vanilla in there in the base. Fragrantica lists only 3 notes, rose, patchouli, and tobacco, and I agree, those are the main notes here. The smell is familiar, it's not anything new. It lasts about 4-5 hours on me, with minimal projection, but good sillage. The sillage I know is good because I got a compliment when walking by somebody, but I know I cannot smell it radiating off my skin, only when I stick my nose into it up close.

10 bucks for a bottle is a fair price. Anything more than that isn't worth it, so don't bother.
13th December, 2014
Genre: Woods

First “Bang,” now “Loud.” Do these names signal a trend in male perfumery? Apparently not, as Loud has little in common with the brash but one-dimensional peppercorn and woody amber of Bang. Instead, Loud is an utterly nondescript fresh citrusy-aquatic sports fragrance, interchangeable (except for packaging,) with any of a hundred others on the market. A shot of lemon and a dash of Calone shaken over some artificial “wood” base notes and voilà: you’ve got Loud. Luckily, the scent is loud in name only, so we’re at least spared the unpleasantness of perceiving its banality at greater intensity. The talents of Aurélien Guichard and Yann Vasnier were utterly wasted on this effort.

Now I wonder if “Crash” and “Boom” will smell any more interesting when they inevitably follow?
19th June, 2014
Very nice modern masculine floral scent.
The patchouli and tobacco are giving the right amount of depth to the rose top note.
The first TH scent I like!
07th March, 2014
Loud is a soft lovely tobacco frag on me anyway. A gorgeous floral and tobacco sillage. Very pleasant indeed. A great one from T.H.
11th August, 2012 (last edited: 28th September, 2012)
Peegore Show all reviews
Bottle and branding aside, I do like this one.

The life of this is monotone, being a 50/50 split between mild patchouli and rose all the way. I do get the ( very ) mild tobacco in the base but only just.

Projection and sillage not the best at all, and longevity very average, 4-5 hours on me.

This all sounds very unenthused so far, but I do enjoy it for it's simplicity. I don't always want to be mentally analysing every fragrance I wear, and with this one I certainly don't have to. It's... nice.

19th September, 2011
I'm in between neutral and positive on this, but the real lack of tobacco in this and average at best longevity swings it back to negative. This one is fairly sweet, but I don't find it to be too much over the top. The rose and patchouli are dominant here, but there's some hints of something else that's green here. Longevity was about 6 hours, and this one does not project much at all, so the name Loud really doesn't hold true here. I cannot detect any tobacco anywhere here. This is a step in the right direction for Hilfiger after the mess of their last release, 1985. This could be for someone who really wants to like 1 Million but can't stand the leathery cinnamon.
04th August, 2011

Add your review of Loud for Him

Shop for Loud for Him products online

Shop for Loud for Him at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Loud for Him

Member images of Loud for Him

There are no member images of Loud for Him yet. Why not be the first?