Loud for Him (2010)

PerfumerAurélien Guichard
PerfumerYann Vasnier
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances

About Loud for Him

Loud for Him is a masculine fragrance by Tommy Hilfiger. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Yann Vasnier and Aurélien Guichard

Loud for Him fragrance notes

Reviews of Loud for Him

This just tips over to "like" territory. I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would, though that's not saying a lot given my expectations were very low to begin with. My expectations were set that way because I don't normally enjoy rose nor patchouli. Alas, synthetics come to the rescue here, giving a safe jammy rose and a very clean patchouli and a touch of tobacco after half hour cements a nice masculine.

I should note that this smells much better during a full wearing as opposed to sampling a small amount up close on the skin.

It's not as loud as the name suggests, so I spritzed liberally to get the effect I was looking for.
08th January, 2016
Tommy Hilfiger Loud for Him opens with a burst of sweetness that quickly (within a few seconds) changes into a rose/citrus pairing, and within minutes after that, dries down into a rose mixed with dried fruits. I know that patchouli is emphasized in the notes breakdown, and especially in the production (YouTube the first part of a BBC Perfume documentary), but I definitely don't get much patchouli at either the opening or in the drydown.

Projection is only noteworthy in the opening minutes and longevity is weak, as this becomes a skin scent within an hour of applying. Luckily, it's cheap ($10ish for 50ml on FragranceNet) so it can be reapplied without regard for quantity, but it's on the weaker end of even relatively cheap designer EDTs.

If you like the rose/citrus opening and enjoy the dried fruit accord in the dry down, this might work for you. While I usually abhor the dried fruit dry down, I'm receptive to it enough here that I'll keep the small bottle I blind bought, but this certainly isn't a designer standout.

6 out of 10
31st December, 2015
Palefire Show all reviews
Like a modern version of Givenchy Gentleman, which I love - this is more rosy and has a more leafy, less woody base - both have a hefty hit of Patchouli, though this doesn't make you feel like you've stepped into a time warp.

Yet.
15th October, 2015
Let me start off by saying, I enjoy Hilfiger fragrances. They are as designer as can be, yet they take risks, and in most cases end up with a unique but safe fragrance. At least in the past they have, with stuff like the original Tommy, and True Star, but some of this newer stuff has been pretty bad. Loud came out in 2010, right around the time they start transitioning over into just boring mediocre fragrances. Loud is a very boring fragrance, very safe.

Amongst the opening, I get this fruity, jammy rose note, which is pretty nice, very fruity, but goes away quickly unfortunately. It fades into mostly patchouli -- the patchouli note is very wearable though, it isn't heavy, but it is the dominating note. There's still some rose here, but it's more of a naturally sweet rose, and since there is so much patchouli, it's pretty hard to detect the rose. As it dries down, this dirty dry tobacco note emerges and mixes in. I also detect a little vanilla in there in the base. Fragrantica lists only 3 notes, rose, patchouli, and tobacco, and I agree, those are the main notes here. The smell is familiar, it's not anything new. It lasts about 4-5 hours on me, with minimal projection, but good sillage. The sillage I know is good because I got a compliment when walking by somebody, but I know I cannot smell it radiating off my skin, only when I stick my nose into it up close.

10 bucks for a bottle is a fair price. Anything more than that isn't worth it, so don't bother.
13th December, 2014
Genre: Woods

First “Bang,” now “Loud.” Do these names signal a trend in male perfumery? Apparently not, as Loud has little in common with the brash but one-dimensional peppercorn and woody amber of Bang. Instead, Loud is an utterly nondescript fresh citrusy-aquatic sports fragrance, interchangeable (except for packaging,) with any of a hundred others on the market. A shot of lemon and a dash of Calone shaken over some artificial “wood” base notes and voilà: you’ve got Loud. Luckily, the scent is loud in name only, so we’re at least spared the unpleasantness of perceiving its banality at greater intensity. The talents of Aurélien Guichard and Yann Vasnier were utterly wasted on this effort.

Now I wonder if “Crash” and “Boom” will smell any more interesting when they inevitably follow?
19th June, 2014
Very nice modern masculine floral scent.
The patchouli and tobacco are giving the right amount of depth to the rose top note.
The first TH scent I like!
07th March, 2014

Add your review of Loud for Him

Shop for Loud for Him products online

Shop for Loud for Him at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Loud for Him

Member images of Loud for Him

There are no member images of Loud for Him yet. Why not be the first?