Memoir Man (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseAmouage
PerfumerKarine Vinchon-Spehner

About Memoir Man

Memoir Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Karine Vinchon-Spehner

Memoir Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Memoir Man

So many perfumes from around 2010 and later smell like harsh chemicals to me, but not Memoir Man, it's perfectly agreeable. The Frankincense is light enough for me, and with the wood, it smells like the inside of a nice, quaint church, even charming for agnostics.

The beauty in the top of this does not hold on long enough for me to consider a bottle. It settles into something more forgettable within two or three hours, with mostly Frankincense and vanilla holding on; gone are the church pews and tobacco.
05th September, 2016
I'm thrilled to have been able to find a sample of this, and didn't have to blind buy a bottle. The notes looked amazing, and I know Amouage's quality, so that's why I was gonna blind buy. So glad I didn't!

It definitely smells like a lot of the notes listed. In a nutshell, this smells like Polo Modern Reserve, with better quality ingredients. The opening, I get a little mint, a lot of wormwood, a little basil, sitting on top of patchouli, leather and oakmoss.

It transforms into more of a grassy smell, like fresh cut grass. I like this part a little better, as it's more mellow and less pungent. After about 30 minutes, on my skin, this becomes mostly a skin scent, although I do get whiffs of mint and basil, projecting from a distance.

Not really my style fragrance. Though hard not to respect such a masculine fragrance with niche quality. To me, this is for an older gentleman, perhaps the 50+ crowd.
03rd September, 2016
Being number 4 in a series of 16 reviews on critically acclaimed and noteworthy scents.

Memoir starts off in a distinctly odd direction, with a combination of incense and silage - yes, that is no typo - >silage< (bovine fodder) rather than >sillage< (although there's plenty of that too).

The heart tends to the incense alone as the whole ensemble calms down slightly. To finish, the incense is still there, but accompanied by slightly smoky, dry woods. I get various wafts of various things, including some sweet components that I can only guess at.

Long-lasting and of good quality, with good performance. It keeps me interested throughout the day, although some of this is undoubtedly due to its multiple personalities. I don't find that this questionable overall identity is a problem, and in fact the overall effect is rather pleasant, so a definite thumbs up. Now, where's the phone number of the loan company?
02nd September, 2016
Grey, smoky, inky, incense.
Great Projection and long lasting.
Too dry though. Wish it had some more happy stuff in it.

28th June, 2016
I got a sample of Memoir Man based on a recommendation that it was a pine smell. The recommendation was given from someone who works for a well known perfume seller. When I received the sample, I opened it and my first reaction was, "This smells nothing like pine to me". I then thought maybe the dry down brought on the pine, so I applied some to see how it performed. My wife commented that she liked the scent, which surprised me, as I wasn't too crazy about it, so I wore it for that day and decided to try it a few more times before doing a review. I've now worn it through the day and evening several times, and I can't say my feelings have changed. The opening of this fragrance is very musty to my nose. It smells like I'm in a moldy environment of some kind. It's supposed to be a woody scent, but there are many other woody scent's I've tried that I much prefer. As I sit here and smell this after having applied it over ten and a half hours ago, I'm impressed by it's longevity. It's sitting pretty close to my skin now, but the sillage is also quite impressive for the first eight hours or so on me. If I liked this scent, I would invest in a bottle, as it's got the strength to keep going all day and into the night. Unfortunately, I don't like it. There is a sweet smell that develops in the dry down as well, so I feel like I smell like a sweet moldy dude...Moldy Man. Anyway, this seems to be a high quality product that's well constructed, I just don't happen to care for it, but I see that there's many who do, so I'd suggest you give it a sample and see what you think of this fougere.
19th February, 2016
The herbal opening is rather unpleasant to me. It is therefore fortunate that after 20 minutes Memoir Man turns into the most incredible smoke & woods scent I have ever had the good fortune to sample. Despite lots of reviewers saying it has great sillage I find it has little on me. The longevity however is impressive. I love the dry down so I can only give a positive rating on this gem from Amouage.
06th February, 2016

Add your review of Memoir Man

Shop for Memoir Man products online

Shop for Memoir Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Memoir Man

Member images of Memoir Man

There are no member images of Memoir Man yet. Why not be the first?