Memoir Man (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseAmouage
PerfumerKarine Vinchon-Spehner

About Memoir Man

Memoir Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Karine Vinchon-Spehner

Memoir Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Memoir Man

Grey, smoky, inky, incense.
Great Projection and long lasting.
Too dry though. Wish it had some more happy stuff in it.

28th June, 2016
I got a sample of Memoir Man based on a recommendation that it was a pine smell. The recommendation was given from someone who works for a well known perfume seller. When I received the sample, I opened it and my first reaction was, "This smells nothing like pine to me". I then thought maybe the dry down brought on the pine, so I applied some to see how it performed. My wife commented that she liked the scent, which surprised me, as I wasn't too crazy about it, so I wore it for that day and decided to try it a few more times before doing a review. I've now worn it through the day and evening several times, and I can't say my feelings have changed. The opening of this fragrance is very musty to my nose. It smells like I'm in a moldy environment of some kind. It's supposed to be a woody scent, but there are many other woody scent's I've tried that I much prefer. As I sit here and smell this after having applied it over ten and a half hours ago, I'm impressed by it's longevity. It's sitting pretty close to my skin now, but the sillage is also quite impressive for the first eight hours or so on me. If I liked this scent, I would invest in a bottle, as it's got the strength to keep going all day and into the night. Unfortunately, I don't like it. There is a sweet smell that develops in the dry down as well, so I feel like I smell like a sweet moldy dude...Moldy Man. Anyway, this seems to be a high quality product that's well constructed, I just don't happen to care for it, but I see that there's many who do, so I'd suggest you give it a sample and see what you think of this fougere.
19th February, 2016
The herbal opening is rather unpleasant to me. It is therefore fortunate that after 20 minutes Memoir Man turns into the most incredible smoke & woods scent I have ever had the good fortune to sample. Despite lots of reviewers saying it has great sillage I find it has little on me. The longevity however is impressive. I love the dry down so I can only give a positive rating on this gem from Amouage.
06th February, 2016
I have an affection for the'Library Opus' series, a lot of folks dont have...but Memoir is a classic. If they had stopped making perfumes after manufacturing this one, no one would be put off, in my opinion.

It really shows off from one phase to the next, remaining 'expensive smelling', thruout. And it has one of the better drydowns, for a niche fragrance. This was most recent buy, and the longevity is off the charts, with a pretty profound sillage that doesnt scare anyone.

This is the safer, alter ego of Interlude Man, in my opinion. A lot of thought went into the making of this one.
31st January, 2016
The phase comprising the first twenty minutes of Memoir Man is one of my favorite experiences in modern perfumery. It is also exactly what turns many people off of this release. If you combine wormwood with dry woods, moss, and the right musk, you are bound to generate a very bitter, almost ureic effect. It's a love/hate kind of smell, and I sit firmly on my side of the fence with my good buddies Yatagan and Ténéré. And just like with a good 90% of my favorites it took little nose delving to find the rose in the composition. Now, if I could freeze-frame this part of Memoir's movement in time I would absolutely shell out for a full bottle. Sadly, for me at least, the incomparable top is fleeting, and the middle stage hardly a guest. The base, what I imagine scents like Mr. Blass and Midnight in Paris wanted to be if they'd a much bigger budget, is a smoky-sweet leather affair that will carry the wearer till the end of the day. Lovely ending, but it feels like I've met my soulmate, only to be passed off to her good friend. Still, excellent stuff all around.
29th January, 2016
This fragrance reminds me of the emotions one feels when attending a funeral.

Dark, stark, cold-over-warm, the mossy and minty greens over incense and woods are the smell of the early stages of nature reclaiming an abandoned Middle Ages village that has been looted and burned down.

The occassion for wearing such a fragrance are limited.
09th December, 2015 (last edited: 24th February, 2016)

Add your review of Memoir Man

Shop for Memoir Man products online

Shop for Memoir Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Memoir Man

Member images of Memoir Man

There are no member images of Memoir Man yet. Why not be the first?