Memoir Man (2010)

Memoir Man information

Year of Launch2010

PerfumerKarine Vinchon-Spehner

About Memoir Man

Memoir Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Karine Vinchon-Spehner

Memoir Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Memoir Man

One long word: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Memoir Man is simply incredible! Very masculine, , woody, spicy, aromatic, deep, complex, dark, mysterious, rich. The opening is awesome and the drydown is simply stunning. Incredibly well blended, it´s very well balanced. It´s dark but at the same time you find some freshness (mint), it´s smokey, sometimes a bit green and sweet.

The notes are: Absinth, Wormwood, Basil, Mint, Rose, Frankincense, Lavender Absolute, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Guaiac wood, Amber, Vanilla, Musk, Oakmoss, Leather and Tobacco. Let me tell you, the mint here gives an fantastic contribution, as the absinth. This is simply the best scent I´ve ever smelled, so far. I can see a perfect Fall/Winter scent in Memoir Man.

Memoir Man exhales an amazing classy masculinity. I can imagine myself wearing this with a black suit. Perfect! To me, the best Amouage, no doubt. This is very unique! Some stated this smells like urine (????). Well, fortunately not in my case. Can´t see how. This draws female compliments, at least with me. Performance is very good. I can see myself wearing this on a date, formal, night out or even during a very classy event.

Regarding Performance:

Sillage: 8.60
Projection: 8.50
Uniqueness: 8.50
Versatility: 8
--- Overall: 8.82

Would I buy it? YES!!!

$330 for 100 ml is expensive, but this fragrance is simply incredible! I would SURELY buy it!
14th October, 2015
Im new to Niche frags, but have to say this stuff is amazing. This is sophistication in a bottle. Probably not the most versatile frag. However for a dinner out with the wife and friends or a formal affair this stuff is awesome and commands attention. I could imagine a company CEO wearing this daily.....but not otherwise a daily frag.

Love the absinthe and mint etc....smeels like what I imagine an enchanted forest would smell like.
07th October, 2015
Opens with a pleasingly medicinal and very green note created by the merging of mint with absinthe, herbal and softly aromatic though quite substantial as far as its composition is concerned. Curious and unique, with something of a mysterious edge, it makes for a wonderful beginning. Behind the green opening accord there are notes of vanilla, composed with just the right amount of restraint to accent the fragrance without dominating it or stealing focus from the larger picture. An ashy gray incense follows behind moving Memoir Man into its darker heart, at which point there is something charmingly eerie about it, a sort of quiet, meditative peacefulness that might be found in some secluded corner of the woods at dusk. In its final dry down there's comfort, as the vanilla lasts long into the base and residual smokiness from the incense leaves behind a sense of warmth and tranquility. These are the major evolutionary segments of Memoir Man in my experience and what I remember mostly about it, as I wore it on and off for a couple of years before passing on my bottle. It's an excellent fragrance and personally my favorite from Amouage. Great to wear outdoors in chilly weather, and it has something of an hibernal nature, almost as if it was born during the winter somewhere deep in the Northern Hemisphere. Definitely recommended for sampling, Memoir's only downfall depending on your day-to-day occupation may be versatility, as it seems too contemplative and solitary a fragrance for routine types of work. Great longevity and just the right amount of projection. Thumbs up.

Just a side note: If you're already a fan of Memoir Man, you may want to look at Vikt by Slumberhouse. Though they do not smell the same, Vikt is also something of a green fragrance with a dark, and almost foreboding aura. In fact I always found Memoir Man very dark until I tried Vikt-- at which point Memoir Man seemed much brighter and friendly in comparison. It can be a challenging scent though, so be sure to sample first.

12th September, 2015
I purchased this gem largely based upon the review crafted by ClairV. She has captured all the colour that I see, feel and taste.

I have nothing to add except to say that this is the ONLY fragrance, I have ever worn, that my wife has made comment.

"I love that fragrance on you." "It is what I would imagine Liam Neeson wears." "You wear that, and I will follow you anywhere."

Needless to say, I will anoint myself often!
12th August, 2015
Starts out with a slight mint and green vibe. Morphs into one the best woods in the business. Of course, Amouage also has one of the best incense kicks in the business as well. Projection and longevity are above average. 8.5/10
19th July, 2015
I like this very, very much. Herby at the start, then fragrant smoke, soft woody at the end. For me strongly fresh tobacco from start to finish - this tobacco part reminds me of Ralph Lauren (original green) Polo. I love the way the smokiness comes on. It's like watching someone preparing, and then lighting, a pipe. For me it evokes a person, rather than a place. Many decades ago, an older man, a country squire, old fashioned, smartly dressed, cold, quiet, strong, a bit cruel. Obviously a pipe smoker.
Very satisfying scent, very masculine. I would definitely wear it, if I could justify the eye-watering price tag.
25th June, 2015

Add your review of Memoir Man

Shop for Memoir Man products online

Shop for Memoir Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Memoir Man

Member images of Memoir Man

There are no member images of Memoir Man yet. Why not be the first?