Hasu-no-Hana (1888)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 4

Based on 24 ratings

Hasu-no-Hana Fragrance notes

Bergamot, Bitter orange, Rose, Jasmine, Ylang ylang, Iris, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Vetiver, Cedar, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Hasu-no-Hana information

Hasu-no-Hana is a unisex fragrance by Grossmith. The scent was launched in 1888

Shop for Hasu-no-Hana products online

Reviews of Hasu-no-Hana

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.
    positive 10 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

EmeraldSkye's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Old world, imperial luxury. How this can be considered a chypre is however beyond me - as a chypre lover I would be hugely disappointed if I encountered this excpecting a floral chypre. A soft, smooth oriental, with the balsamic basenotes present throughout, it is reminiscent of Shalimar. The woody drydown is almost smoky, with a dusty feel. Although it is meant to be unisex, to my mind it is rather masculine - like a freshly washed, clean shaven male cheak ready for a kiss.

02 June, 2014 (Last Edited: 04 June, 2014)

catnip_too's avatar

No doubt, it is masterfully done. I can see why some people rave about it. If a fragrance has a color, Hasu No Hana would be golden honey. It is actually smooth and not sharp at all. I expected some sharpness from its being described as a chypre. I know honey is not listed as a note, but I can't help thinking it is exactly honey that I smell. The cedar and vetiver are well blended, barely perceptible although the cedar comes across better in the beginning. Of all the flowers, I feel the jasmine the best.

This composition evokes long-gone opulence. I can imagine Marie Antoinette wearing it while she is taking a stroll in her favorite, private garden of Trianon. I realize that perfumery during her time was quite different, of course. Despite its luxurious, rich texture, Hasu No Hana feels surprisingly modern.

16 April, 2014

alfarom's avatar

There's something of the iris-bergamot-woody-amber base of Shalimar here but it's paired to a chyprey structure which is very traditionally executed. The fragrance feels incredibly luxurious and opulent but has an overall "artisanal" vibe to it that makes me think about certain "all-natural" brands. Smells great if one's into powdery oriental fragrances but it lacks a tad of animalics that usually make these kind of fragrances grand. I like it but. In the end, considering the price, I'll stick to vintage Shalimar Parfum.

01st November, 2013

rbaker's avatar

Delicate beauty

The top notes with their bigarrade-style orange and rose are a delight, with a tradtional ylang-ylang-and-jasmine leading into a drydown that sees iris added. Later on wood notes with a bit of moss and vanilla give it a richer base note impression. Very well made, but on my skin it has very limited silage and projection, and is gone after three hours. Les rich and vivid that the other classic Grossmiths on my skin.

23 October, 2013

alfarom's avatar

A chypre-y oriental

04 July, 2013

flathorn's avatar

This is a beautiful traditional fragrance - beyond that, vintage. It has a century-past chypre/oriental aura burnishing it and the credentials of classic notes, the patina of the old Guerlains. It has that diffuse oakmoss roughness that is part of chypre's charm, but on a brighter note. I imagine this one resulting from a fortuitous mixing of Jicky, Shalimar, and L'Heure Bleue in some hoary perfume lab long ago, before they added the animalics. It's listed as unisex, but I think this one can dress up as much as you want it to.

19 January, 2013 (Last Edited: 06 December, 2013)

Add your review of Hasu-no-Hana

Search for on eBay United States

Grossmith Hasu-no-Hana 3.4 oz / 100 ml EDP Spray New sealed Box
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 5 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)