Hermessence Iris Ukiyoé (2010)
by Hermès

Hermessence Iris Ukiyoé information

Year of Launch2010

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Hermessence Iris Ukiyoé

Jean-Claude Ellena:

I collect prints and have a mental picture of irises in the ‘floating world’ (the ukiyoé in Japanese) in the works of Hokusai or Hiroshige. They inspired me when I was composing this divertimento based on floral irises. I felt like foiling the classic approach to irises by working on the flower’s fragrances which are virtually unknown. Its perfume is delicate but very much there, shifting between different notes: rose, orange blossom and mandarin, all expressed by small, impressionistic touches.

Hermessence Iris Ukiyoé fragrance notes

Reviews of Hermessence Iris Ukiyoé

Nice and soft iris notes. Just like there are variations for roses, so to for the iris. This one is close to a light violet smell and reminds me of a certain area of the horticultural garden I used to visit with all the blooms laid out. There is no powdery notes here - very light, very airy and what I've come to except out of the Hermessence line in general and I kick myself for not picking up a bottle of this or even trying it earlier due to the name of the perfume. The rose in this one isn't overwhelming here

Settles to a citrus white floral and bits of aquatic notes. Hugs the skin in a gentle way.
21st December, 2018
Kotori Show all reviews
I'm not sure what I'm smelling at first, but I don't think it is Iris. The first notes to strike me are Lily of the Valley and grass. Then something fruity sweeps in quickly. About two minutes in, I'm smelling like Smarties candies, and it is quite strong. It softens a minute or so later, but I am still sensing quite a bit of muguet hanging around and not any recognizable Iris.

After five more minutes, I still smell the muguet/Smarties combo, but now they have melded nicely into something that recognizably resembles the peach-colored irises I have smelled in the Memphis Botanic Garden's Iris garden in early May. It's not as fatty or pungent, nor does it have any trace of the earthy decay of the real thing, but is like a watercolor approximation, as the name would indicate. The scent strikes me now as too laundry-musk laden to do justice to the true Iris flower scent. However, as a perfume, it is a nice one. I have truly never smelled anything at all like this.

Half an hour in and at last the powder arrives. It slipped in like a phantom when I was no longer expecting it!

Unique, but not a love for me.
26th August, 2017
Stardate 20170725:

A typical Ellena fragrance. Starts with a promise - iris and florals. Has old school floral vibe which is a good thing.But as we enter middle of heart phase a plastic note emerges which destroys the fragrance.
A neutral to mild thumbs down.
25th July, 2017
This smells like orange peels and florals. It starts light and fresh smelling, like a refreshing cologne to wear in summer. As it develops, it blooms into a bigger floral. The smell doesn't quite work for me. It smells interesting and challenging more than it smells nice.

It's a memorable smell, and I've smelled shampoos over the years that are similar. I wouldn't mind being around the smell from other people wearing it, but I'm neutral about wearing it myself. There's something slightly off, perhaps just related to my own points of reference, or perhaps with the oranges.

This reminds me of the Guerlain Aqua Allegoria fragrances: it lasts forever.
13th July, 2017
Piano Sonata No. 8 (Beethoven): Adagio cantabile
03rd June, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
Initially I got orange blossom, touches of orange fruit, mandarin, whiffs of muguet and a background of violet. Quite close to my skin and little iris - initially that is.

In the drydown a touch of bright summer rose arose - and then the iris gradually developed, and, paradoxically, is got stronger and stronger, and after the first half became the dominant force in this mix. At that stage the sillage and projection had improved very much on my skin.

The base changes little apart from losing the other aromas gradually, with the last one remaining the iris in full bloom, fading gracefully.

With moderate sillage, very good projection and a longevity of nine hours, this summery scent's performance turned out much better than I envisaged during the initial impression it made on me. Whilst not a top-notch iris creation, it is one of the better ones around, and although it seems to need time in my skin to unfold fully, this blossom is worth trying if you like iris. 3.5/5.

Ukiyoé? Maybe one can wear this scent whilst admiring the artwork???
15th March, 2017

Add your review of Hermessence Iris Ukiyoé

Shop for Hermessence Iris Ukiyoé products online

❤️ HERMES HERMESSENCE IRIS UKIYOE, 3.4OZ.100 ML.,hard to find!!

End Date: Wednesday Apr-24-2019 13:29:22 PDT

NEW Assorted EDT Hermes Hermessence Perfume Sample 4 ml

End Date: Monday Apr-29-2019 18:44:35 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $20.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Hermes Hermessence IRIS UKIYOE Eau de Toilette Spray 4 ml Travel Size Sample EDT

End Date: Thursday May-2-2019 19:48:28 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $14.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Hermes Hermessence IRIS UKIYOE Eau de Toilette 15 ml Travel .5 oz EDT Pouch New!

End Date: Friday May-3-2019 21:03:23 PDT

HERMES HERMESSENCE IRIS UKIYOE MEN WOMAN UNISEX PERFUME SAMPLE

End Date: Sunday May-12-2019 18:43:15 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $21.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

HERMES HERMESSENCE PERFUME EDT PURSE SPRAY TRAVEL 0.5OZ - 15ML ~ YOU PICK SCENTS

End Date: Wednesday May-15-2019 9:52:27 PDT

2x4ml Travel Samples EDT Hermes Hermessence Perfume 2vials set Iris,Santal,cuir

End Date: Sunday May-19-2019 14:13:56 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $20.00

Member images of Hermessence Iris Ukiyoé

There are no member images of Hermessence Iris Ukiyoé yet. Why not be the first?