Les Nombres d'Or : Cuir (2010)
by Mona di Orio

Les Nombres d'Or : Cuir information

Year of Launch2010

HouseMona di Orio
PerfumerMona di Orio
PackagingJeroen Oude Sogtoen

About Les Nombres d'Or : Cuir

Les Nombres d'Or : Cuir is a shared / unisex perfume by Mona di Orio. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mona di Orio. The bottle was designed by Jeroen Oude Sogtoen

Les Nombres d'Or : Cuir fragrance notes

Reviews of Les Nombres d'Or : Cuir

I find this leather scent much more interesting than TF's Tuscan Leather. It's not quite as in-your-face and butch as TL either and is much more wearable than most other leathers I've sampled. My daughter really liked it as well and thinks it smells just like beef jerky or steak.
Obviously it is constructed of quality ingredients and is one that should be experienced if you like leather scents.
02nd December, 2015
Smokey and ashy burned leather and woods. I can't see myself personally wearing this, but it is one of the most realistic fragrances I've smelled in a while. Quality ingredients. If you are a true leather and woods fan, you will love this.
10th April, 2015
Genre: Meat
Won't give a thumbs up for uniqueness unless I could foresee wearing it. But this is almost the exception. Its the smell of a freshly opened bag of teriyaki beef jerky, smoky (sweet) salt, intermingled with a strange pepper/smoke angle.
Why you would want to smell like that is somewhat mystifying to me; its not really a leathery/masculine/animalic/other evocative words, its just beef jerky. Bridesmaid at a frenemies wedding?
09th December, 2014
smoky leather.. burnt leather.. I adore leather chypres but I was firing blanks when I bought it, once finished won't be replaced!
12th October, 2014
kitsch Show all reviews
Testing a dab-on sample from teardrop (thanks!) on OH and me, we get coal-tar soap from the off; a dried-out creosoted fence; and the dry-down of Guerlain Vetiver/herbs. Nary a bit of leather to be had.

OH had hoped for some tobacco, given other reviews of this scent, but it was not to be.

I do like coal-tar/creosote/phenols but would I want them when I was expecting leather?

Results may differ when sprayed but when dabbed there's no leather.
05th August, 2014
Genre: Leather

Mona di Orio’s Cuir starts off with a very tart spiced citrus accord that gives way quickly to the kind of anise and artemisia blend perfumers like to associate with absinthe. The absinthe in turn recedes somewhat in the wake of a very bold, very smoky animalic leather that falls somewhere between an extinguished campfire and a well-worn saddle. It’s not quite the barbecue of, say, Tauer’s Lonestar Memories, but it is at once dark, meaty, and conspicuously charred.

A half an hour on and the citrus, absinthe and spices have disappeared without a trace, leaving a simple, monolithic presentation of the charred leather accord. Your appreciation of this scent will hence depend entirely on whether you enjoy smoke and animalic leather unencumbered by distracting ornament or detail. Your willingness to seek it out will depend on whether you judge its quality superior to other “pure” leather scents. I personally prefer my birch tar and castoreum garnished with contrasting or complimentary flavors, as in Montale’s Oud Cuir d’Arabie, Dawn Spencer Hurwitz’s Dirty Rose, or Durbano’s Black Tourmaline.
19th June, 2014

Add your review of Les Nombres d'Or : Cuir

Shop for Les Nombres d'Or : Cuir products online

Search Amazon for Les Nombres d'Or : Cuir

Member images of Les Nombres d'Or : Cuir

There are no member images of Les Nombres d'Or : Cuir yet. Why not be the first?