Spice and Wood (2010)

HouseCreed
PerfumerOlivier Creed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Spice and Wood

Spice and Wood is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Creed

Spice and Wood fragrance notes

Reviews of Spice and Wood

This would get a thumbs up but the price lets it down, there is no way I could justify spending that sort of money on this fragrance. It also doesn't scream at you that it's anything special, versatile yes, everyday wearer, could be, but for the money i'd rather be spending it elsewhere on cheaper fragrances that pack more of a punch.
20th August, 2015
Dare I say the common man's Creed? Spice and Wood is Creed all the way but the scent itself has been done before. The issue most will have is the price tag...you can easily replicate this without forking over the asking price.

If you are a Creed collector or disdain cheap fragrance, then this is your everyday Creed. You literally can wear this to do anything. I use it for the gym. And love it.
11th August, 2015
JimmyP Show all reviews
Spice & Wood has a Creed House signature all over it. I personally cannot fault it on any level - it's just that good. Although expensive, I predict that my smaller bottle will still last quite a bit given the scope of my collection. It just won't be an everyday type of scent (and neither it should be).

How would I describe it? Definitely a top quality juice, smells very rich and has a characteristic "creed elegance" a-la Aventus. Performance is excellent as well. Got some extremely favorable feedback on it after a long day at work, more than 8 hours after application.
20th July, 2015
Spice and Wood opens on a peppery note of clean cedar that also reads as quite boozy to my nose, at least in the first few minutes. I have sometimes noticed that the combination of pepper (especially pink pepper) and cedar can produce a sort of boozy effect, because it’s something I’ve also picked up in Guerlain’s Spiritueuse Double Vanille and even Ambre Nuit by Dior Privee to a certain extent. Either way, it strikes a precarious balance between vinegar-pure alcohol and a deeper, sweeter booze note.

The booze note burns off quickly, leaving a clean, simple cedar note. On top of the cedar, I notice a fresh green apple note, and what I thought was something sharp like violet leaf – but it turns out that this is angelica. The overall impression is of a classic cologne, fresh and almost sporty, like Cool Water, over a warm cedar skeleton. It is pleasantly clean and natural smelling, basically one of those things you could throw on and know that you smell discreetly good.

But to me, it lacks any purpose beyond its overall pleasantness – it is not distinctive enough to make me want to pay for a full bottle of it, or even a decant, and it seems a bit too shapeless to hold up under scrutiny for a whole day’s wear. It is quite weak and short-lived, which strikes me as unfair when you consider the price.

On the other hand, its genial, undemanding woody loveliness does have a time and place. Perhaps if nobody had told me the price of this, I would have enjoyed my sample more. As it is, this is a good, discreet woods scent that would suit someone who has the money to pay for it and prefers, in general, the watery, natural-smelling colognes that Creed does so well. Me, I prefer heavier, less fresh stuff, and I am not really your average Creed customer anyway, so keep my prejudice in mind!
18th May, 2015
It smells like... spice and wood. Definitely a bit more rugged than most of the Creeds you've been seeing. It's good. Just not $500 good. Unless, of course, price is not a concern.

03rd February, 2015
divus5 Show all reviews
(I tried this on my wrist from a tester at Bergdorfs in nyc)

I thought this scent was good, not that unique or tremendous though. It was pretty forgettable...and that is not what I want especially at this price point. It's not awful...its just not worth the money.
29th May, 2014

Add your review of Spice and Wood

Shop for Spice and Wood products online

Search Amazon for Spice and Wood

Member images of Spice and Wood

There are no member images of Spice and Wood yet. Why not be the first?