The One Gentleman (2010)

HouseDolce & Gabbana
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About The One Gentleman

The One Gentleman is a masculine fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2010

The One Gentleman fragrance notes

Reviews of The One Gentleman

I thought D&G The One was dull and TOG is equally as dull, though not as sharp in the spices due to the vanilla. It's not a bad or offensive fragrance, but at this price range there are soooo many better options, even from D&G. I heard TOG was being discontinued, which may bring it down to the below $30 range and thus put it into consideration.
22nd March, 2015 (last edited: 27th March, 2015)
Do not over spay!

While it can be said of many fragrances that the amount one applies (and where) is essential, this is especially important with this sent. More than two spays, and I am overpowered with an sweetness that battles a biting pepper and cardamum. It is all too much, and frankly unpleasant. However, one spay on my neck and chest and a very small one for my wrists and it is very pleasant. Longevity at this dosage is only a few hours, but it is a nice sent when applied this way. Still this much attention and care might not be worth it.

07th July, 2013
Bigsly Show all reviews
What if this was Coromandel Pour Monsieur and marketed by Chanel instead of D&G ?

Have you tried the original Prada, marketed to women? Have you tried Coromandel? This is basically a "masculine" version of that kind of idea. Though not listed among the notes, there seems to be a touch of something resinous in the base. Also, it gives off a slight orange vibe, which is likely the effect of this combination of notes, or at least some of them. The color of the liquid makes no sense to me, but in any case you don't have to fear an overload of calone, iso e super, etc. Also, the patchouli is clearly present but not too strong, as it often is for me. TOG is a variation on a theme scent, but for me it is perhaps the best variation on this theme! I generally prefer complex scents but I think I'll enjoy this one every couple of months, as the ingredient quality seems good enough to generate a pleasurable experience despite the simplicity. I get adequate projection ("sillage") with a couple sprays to the chest and longevity is excellent but this is definitely not a "party boy" scent, so don't worry about it smelling like 1 Million or many of the ones that smell similar. Instead, this seems like it was meant for those who actually understand scents and know what they are seeking. Imagine that in a recent designer scent !

Pros: Natural-smelling, rich, balanced, and reasonably-priced.
Cons: Not for those who seek complex scents, nor unique ones.

03rd June, 2013
I smell only lavender and vanilla. Actually it's a step below when compared to The One. Also it does not remembers the original one. I dont think it's worth it because it's a very unidimensional scent that sometimes gets cloying. Thumbs down.
06th January, 2013
Spicy.

I bought 30ml of this juice when it was on sale, having really enjoyed testing the original The One. I can definitely pick out the similarities in this flanker, especially in the dry down - vanilla being the unifying theme. TOG opens with a much more intense, almost screechy and overpowering stab of what must be the fennel and lavender, but mercifully this quickly fades to reveal a warm and enticing heart of smooth vanilla and aromatic spices.

Not as smooth or as sweet as it's predecessor, this frag smacks of sophistication and would work best in the evening or in colder weather. Longevity and projection seem to have been ramped up slightly from from the original, I personally can detect this frag on my skin and clothes after almost a full day.
14th November, 2012
Initially I didn't find this cologne 100% appealing, it has definitely grown on me. I still don't find it to be perfect for casual wear on a summer's day, but it performs well in the evenings. The dry down is great; kind of a caramelized vanilla and wood scent. If you're looking for a great evening scent that will have those nearest to you getting closer, then give this one a few tries. I think it will grow on you too.
12th September, 2012

Add your review of The One Gentleman

Shop for The One Gentleman products online

Shop for The One Gentleman at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for The One Gentleman

Member images of The One Gentleman

There are no member images of The One Gentleman yet. Why not be the first?