Costa Mediterranea
by I Profumi di Firenze

Costa Mediterranea information

HouseI Profumi di Firenze

About Costa Mediterranea

Costa Mediterranea is a shared / unisex perfume by I Profumi di Firenze.

Reviews of Costa Mediterranea

Costa Mediterranea is a burst of citrus, especially bergamot. I can also smell orange, geranium and a little bit of rosemary in the dry down. This is definitely a summer fragrance which is perfect for the South Florida climate. I enjoy wearing this fragrance and I get many compliments when I do.

29th July, 2015
A great traditional fresh 'cologne' for those who possibly are disappointed in the re-formulation of 'Acqua di Colonia Asoluta'. I very much like the bergamot and Sicilian Lemon combination here. Tangy, tart and dry Vetiver. Great for a man in summer. What's not to like?
26th August, 2014
A restrained cirus-bergamot opening is not so much a fresh blast as a pleasantly restrainedly fresh impression. The drydown after the first couple of hours adds a sandy-bring note, but the whole scent is very subdued and does not really develop interestingly on my skin. Poor silage and just adequate projection is combined with about five hours in longevity. For cooler summer days.
04th August, 2014
I would never be one to attack a fragrance for being a "me too" aquatic. I judge all fragrances on their own merits, no matter how brutally tired the genre is. With that stated, I am afraid that this particular "me too" aquatic does it all wrong. Costa Mediterranea is too sharp, and with all of that sharpness sitting on top of that artificial *"thing," the combination becomes a bit annoying. There were times during my wearing that I'd wished I hadn't worn it, and that is pretty much the death knell of a fragrance.

Style in Play and Eternity Summer are two fragrances that I feel have a very similar vibe, but they're done correctly.

I feel that despite my dislike, I should mention that I got a compliment on it, and it was from a refined and well educated woman at work. This puts to rest the theory that only vapid teeny-boopers like aquatics. Of course, this review is about me and my opinion, so it's still a resounding NAY!

*The artificial "thing" I reference above is not an inherently bad thing, but I don't know how to describe those bright, cedery, apple-y, fizzy notes that are found in many aquatics to varying degrees.
10th September, 2011
Two words: LOW KEY.

I don't know if it's meant to evoke the experience of sailing along the coast of Sicily but be prepared to douse yourself in this lightly aromatic citrus with rather briny overtones. It works better on fabric however, to take you all the way from Marsala to Agrigento. Otherwise you'd probably need to make a port of call stop at Sciacca.

Notes:
Sicilian Lemon, Lemon Blossom, Calabrian Bergamot, Vetiver, Sicilian Orange
20th July, 2011

Add your review of Costa Mediterranea

Shop for Costa Mediterranea products online

Search Amazon for Costa Mediterranea

Member images of Costa Mediterranea

There are no member images of Costa Mediterranea yet. Why not be the first?