Sandalo Indiano
by I Profumi di Firenze

Sandalo Indiano information

HouseI Profumi di Firenze

About Sandalo Indiano

Sandalo Indiano is a masculine fragrance by I Profumi di Firenze.

Reviews of Sandalo Indiano

There is one review of Sandalo Indiano.
This classic aromatic/oriental creation performs as an extremely restrained soapy amber (more than vaguely a la Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet) on my skin. Austere, vaguely translucent but basically adumbral and impeccable (in a mossy shadowy way) Sandalo Indiano by I Profumi di Firenze strikes me for its almost immediate cedary/ambery/floral soapiness. Floral notes are in here hyper neutral, "Victorian" and soapy. The juice, with its somewhat misleading name, revolves around a central accord of dusty burnt woods, soapy/barber-shop geranium, fresh lavender and mossy/balmy-soapy amber. There is a touch of final hyper dry powder in the general gentlemanly (old-school/poudre in style) grey soapiness. Dry woods provide a shadowy grey ashy restraint. I'm surely surprised by this fragrance in terms of quality and straightforward (ultra-conservative) taste. I was expecting an intense floral-oriental with a dominant (pungent or spicy) sandalwood's exotic aura while on the contrary I feel on skin something kind of soapy-incensey with hardly discernible floral elements and a general austere resinous (toiletries like) soapiness. You can get mostly a sort of moody (vaguely arid/cinereal/ashy) amber supported by almost bom-fire in structure woods, fresh oakmoss and a touch of herbal-medicinal feel (with a typical apothecarian vibe). I find this fragrance quite interesting and extremely assertive, its dominant soapiness is almost holy, impenetrable and saturnine. It's weird that, apart in the opening (during which I'm able to catch a touch of soapy/barber-shop geranium, hints of hesperides and aromatic herbs), I'm hardly able to distinguish specific notes (like the listed vetiver, patchouli or further), I just get balmy/soapy amber supported by oakmoss and neutral floral notes, not a lot more. I catch a sort of mature oriental mood, kind of waxy, balmy, steamy, aromatic baths-conjuring and vaguely organic. In its complex I find this fragrance amazing, an extremely refined work of hyper measured balance and class, a mature fragrance for British Lords probably inspired by the atmosphere of Turkish Baths, exclusive clubs, powdered resins, burning aromatic candels, ancient hammam rooms and refined wooden barber-shops. Another excellent creation exalting the Scuola Profumiera Fiorentina. Close to skin the aroma (unfortunately not really durable on my skin).
15th December, 2015

Add your review of Sandalo Indiano

Shop for Sandalo Indiano products online

Search Amazon for Sandalo Indiano

Member images of Sandalo Indiano

There are no member images of Sandalo Indiano yet. Why not be the first?