Balkis
by Al Rehab

Balkis information

HouseAl Rehab

About Balkis

Balkis is a shared / unisex perfume by Al Rehab.

Reviews of Balkis

Good grief!

This is my first experience with Al Rehab oils, and potent doesn't even begin to describe the concentration and sillage of this thing - it's kind of punishing. I literally opened the bottle, touched my finger to the rollerball, and the whole house smelled of Balkis. I thought some Black Phoenix and Tom Ford scents were strong, but this? Yikes!

I do like the scent, though. I used to wear Todd Oldham in the 90s, and Balkis smells EXACTLY how I remember that one - a combination of cedar-y pencil smell, benzoin, spices, a yellow floral something like ylang, and some seriously sweet lactonic peach, and maybe pineapple. It's more of a dried fruit or stewed fruit than fresh.

My favorite phase of Balkis is the far drydown, where the spices come more to the fore, and the fruit and flowers have receded some. At this point it's more headshop incense-like, and less like an 80s/90s power floral or floriental. Actually, if I didn't have my experience with the more obscure Told Oldham scent, my closest reference for the first few hours of Balkis would be Amarige. It's not that the notes are the same, but there's a particular way the big fruit and big floral and big spice combine that's really similar in style.

It's all kind of shocking to me - the enormous sillage, and how a scent I'd smell on someone else and would think was department store, if not niche, can cost less than $5 for (what to me is) a lifetime's supply. I'm now really curious to try a few of the others from Al Rehab!

31st October, 2014
Just applied it a few minutes ago. Like what i am smelling so far: i smell figs or dates or some kind of sweetish fruit that i like very much. Maybe roses and vanilla. I love it so far. My nose is stopped up and I am not familiar yet with allot of notes in perfumes but i know what i like and what i don't like. I am feeling very good about this one. Smells very "rich" to me for lack of a better term. Maybe i am picking up a powdery note in it to...I guess i like that note. and something maybe herbaceous and spicy.
28th July, 2014
Heavy floral. I cant smell any particular note. Anyway, that's heavy and sweet, a different take on western florals. For me is unisex, but smells better on a woman. Worth it.
23rd November, 2012

Add your review of Balkis

Shop for Balkis products online

Search Amazon for Balkis

Member images of Balkis

There are no member images of Balkis yet. Why not be the first?