Max
by Al Rehab

Max information

HouseAl Rehab

About Max

Max is a shared / unisex perfume by Al Rehab.

Reviews of Max

A throwback to 70s/80s power-cologne era; Max is a very nice woody chypre with real honest-to-goodness oakmoss. As with most Al-Rehab fragrances, this fragrance opens with the note of hairspray. But within seconds I was quickly hit with a gorgeous wave of oakmoss, carnation and a nice mix of both fresh and warm spiciness. Additionally, this fragrance is slightly herbal (just a whisper) and it exudes a pleasant freshness underneath that woody chypre attitude of masculinity.

During the drydown I continued to experience mossy-woods, fresh-spices, a leathery accord and some musk. I've smelled this fragrance before...Quorum?, Drakkar Noir?, Devin?, Halston?, Ho Hang Club?, I don't know since I only recently started collecting these 70s/80s power-colognes since the ban on oakmoss. I wish I could be more specific like am I with hundreds of other perfumes, but I had fragrance allergies for years and, afterwards, these type of scents triggered really bad olfactory memories. Sorry!

Overall, Max projects moderately and lasts 7+ hours on my skin. I had a bad experience with Al-Rehab Romeo (a real scrubber) so I am very pleased with this fragrance and I have not one complaint since I only paid $5 for a 50ml bottle - a bargain. If you enjoy the 80s power-colognes, I highly recommend you purchase a bottle.
13th May, 2015
Mossy leather chypre with luscious galbanum, very much in the vein of Devin or Aliage.

I'm bewildered by the breadth of the repertoire of this house. They seem to be able to capture the essence of any walk of life, from bedouin to tycoon to(in this case) country squire.

The musk is very subtly animalic, and never rears above the labdanum from within the amber accord.

Longevity is spectacular. I portend that this property might easily be mistaken for linearity. The carrier oils retain this rich fragrance so well and so long, that the full journey takes days to complete. Patience is rewarded.

26th January, 2015

Add your review of Max

Shop for Max products online

Search Amazon for Max

Member images of Max

There are no member images of Max yet. Why not be the first?