John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Fragrance (2010)
    by John Varvatos

John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Fragrance Fragrance Notes

Reviews of John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Fragrance

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.

RUDOLFO512's avatar
    RUDOLFO512

Love it!!

I bought this fragrance because I already own the original John Varvatos and Vintage. This one did not let me down, just like the other two. I love the opening of patchouli, it smells very mystical and mysterious. It lasts a very long time on me and I get compliments every time I wear it. The bottle is very nice as well.

04 June, 2013

noirdrakkar's avatar
    noirdrakkar

John Varvatos Platinum

John Varvatos Platinum is truly an abomination.

It takes everything I hate about the original Varvatos and makes it into a powdery Midnight In Paris wannabe.

Awful. Would not wear.

29 May, 2013

thines01's avatar
    thines01

Missed the mark

This stuff stinks.

I love the rest of the John Varvatos line. Most of the fragrances I've tested are classy and sophisticated.

10th Anniversary smells like povidone-iodine and gauze mixed with cumin and olive-oil and tonka bean.

I guess if you want to smell like a sweaty emergency-room doctor, this is your stuff.

Pros: Different
    Cons: Stinks

29 May, 2013

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

This is a not a bad scent, but I feel it suffers from being too sweet. There is a little bit of citrus at the opening, and it quickly becomes spicy and fairly sweet. The scent smells nice, with hints of wood and leather. It is very smooth in style. The dry-down gets sweeter and sweeter, and vanilla-like notes emerge. Quickly I lose interest.
    In my opinion, Tommy Bahama for Men is a far more satisfying spicy-wood warm style of scent. It is drier and doesn't get tiresome.

12 July, 2011 (Last Edited: 17 August, 2011)

jdnba's avatar
    jdnba

Tried it the other day and was very impressed...on me it turned into wood and cinnamon/spice....IMO, could easily pass for something by tauer! I will be getting a bottle soon.

25 May, 2011

obscura's avatar
    obscura

This was a mistake. I was really hoping to like JV10 because the original JV initiated me into my love of perfume, but unfortunately this one is a sad disaster. The cinnamon is indistinct and the wood and leather to my nose read more like a muted, lethargic amber. It has none of the brightness and or spice I the listed notes would suggest, as if everything good accidentally evaporated while they were compounding the fragrance.

If clinical depression had a smell, JV10 would be it.

01st February, 2011