Wonderwood (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerAntoine Lie

About Wonderwood

Wonderwood is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Reviews of Wonderwood

This smells good and it is extremely easy to wear. When I say it I mean it. It's one of those fragrances that are just friendly and simple. Nothing weird about it. At a first try, nothing shocking, it's not one of those perfumes that you need to get used to with time. You just love it. Nice and easy.

It has a downside. No projection. It disappears almost after 30 minutes. I used an entire bottle and I think that I only got a compliment once, when I was talking to someone and I had this person really close.

Conclusion: this is not a perfume to mark an impression, this is a perfume you use for just the personal and individual pleasure of spraying it on yourself. So nice. I can absolutely recommend it.
01st February, 2016
Cannot smell it myself after 10 mins but my wife likes it.
31st December, 2015
Wonderwood opens with bergamot and a blast of spicy blended woods, bolstered by a soft, creamy cashmeran and sandalwood middle and base. The vetiver is quite pronounced and reminds me of the way vetiver is used in Sycomore, though I dare say I like this more synthetic fragrance better because it somehow seems fuller and cozier to my nose—more filled-out. The cushiony base reins in the cedarwood, cypress, and vetiver, which would otherwise be too sharp for my taste.

Longevity and sillage are better than average, and this scent reminds me a lot of fall. This is a good projector, too. If you like lots of wood with a smooth base, and don't mind the less-than-natural take on the ingredients listed, this one is for you.
24th November, 2015 (last edited: 06th January, 2016)
This one is so comfortable it’s the tracksuit bottom of woody fragrances; therein its main virtue (so supple, easy and everyday) and its main drawback (too easy and everyday).
Wonderwood is a peppery cedar with a high clear frankincense that wears light and fresh despite the evident spicing. Many CdG perfumes take an approach with natural notes that is akin to airbrushing – the note is recognizable but it is lifted and smoothed and buffed to the point that somehow takes it out of nature.
I have a soft spot for woody perfumes, but this one left me wanting due to its uberpolished execution; which perhaps also explains the reviews that go, ‘I don’t normally like woody perfumes, but this one did it for me’. The whole is brought together with finesse, it just fails to excite me. A shame as the name is so evocative and enticing.
Oud is mentioned in the notes list but is so apologetic it seems hardly worth mentioning.
15th January, 2015
Was not fussed with this pretty generic wood scent. Decent longevity and sillage but playing it safe. Very deep and rich scent but not as beguiling and complex as CdG 2 MAN.
02nd June, 2014
This is a wonderful fragrance.
The opening of this fragrance is a smoky and woody smell mixed with vetiver note.
It's a very natural and beautiful combo.
This opening remind me of "Lalique Encre Noir" in many ways.
While "Ecre Noir" is a very quality fragrance, this one is even better! the quality is very good.
In the dry down the smoky aroma settled down and now you can smell a very light and natural woody scent with slightly sweetness and smokiness in the background. some spicy notes trying to show their faces but they are completely in the background.
The woodsy note is mostly sandalwood.
The cedar and oud notes are much weaker and you can barely smell them.
Longevity is OK but projection isn't that great!
A great natural and quality fragrance.
There is nothing so unique and special about it but because of great quality and also woods which are my favorite note in fragrances, it's a thumbs up for me.
27th February, 2014

Add your review of Wonderwood

Shop for Wonderwood products online

Shop for Wonderwood at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Wonderwood