Wonderwood (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerAntoine Lie

About Wonderwood

Wonderwood is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Reviews of Wonderwood

Not just an overly woody concoction, Wonderwood comes off as a fragrance that mixes a strong but balanced cedar + guiac + sandalwood as well as a whole host of other scent-enhancing stars, such as pepper, incense (VERY evident in this one), cashmere, and vetiver.

Synthetic as Wonderwood is and feels, it is by no means poorly constructed. It is smooth, deep, and evokes the sensation of an incense shop rife with musks, oud, and exotic spices that make me feel confident and happy.

Understated but still gets noticed when worn, Wonderwood is certainly worth a try for lovers of smooth woody and spicy scents.
05th March, 2018
best wood base scent .all kind of wood exist in this fragrance cedar.sandalwood .guaiacwood.cashmeranwood.agarwood and cypress.
woody dry smoky and alittle sweet.
01st February, 2018
Peppery, woody and musky. Starts off with a pepper blast that settles down quickly but hangs around for hours. The wood notes are the most pleasant and pleasing to smell and give a refined feel to the scent. Then as you get deeper into the drydown, a sweaty muskiness starts to blend into the pepper and woods. The feeling I got was that the musk eventually turned into the note that lingered the longest and probably was the most noticeable by others.

Very good projection and longevity. Lasts all work day and will get noticed with just a few sprays.
06th October, 2017
CdG WW was supposed to be the ultimate wood fragrance. I must admit I’m a bit disappointed by it given all the hype (and price).

I detect 3 basic wood notes: Cashmeran, Cedar (Iso-E Super) & Black Pepper. The first blast of WW yields the blur of Cashmeran. Cashmeran smells like soft powdery wood. I find the Cashmeran dominates throughout the life of WW. I guess I’m not much of fan of the Cashmeran note. I also get Black Pepper (light) and Cedar (moderate) which seems pretty common place in men’s frags. And that’s basically where WW ends for me. Oud? Sandalwood? Vetiver? Incense? Not to my nose. I’m content to get my “Wonderwood” fix with CdG 2 Man.

12th January, 2017
Stardate 20161103:

A reference sandalwood. Not the 40 year old oil but the tree.

A must for SW lovers.
03rd November, 2016
With a name like Wonderwood I was expecting a pungent, macho blast straight from the woodyard but the opening of this fragrance came across to me as all peppery, androgynous frankincense. The peppery incense took a good five minutes to calm down and reveal any wood at all. First to arrive was cedar, and the combination of incense, pepper and cedar gives the frag a dry (but not dusty) warmth. For the next couple of hours the peppery incense and cedar dance together, with one or the other becoming the more prominent accord but rarely do I get the sense of both melded together. The black pepper remains in the background throughout, adding a cozy, almost dirty/clean spiciness. I really enjoy this effect. After about four or five hours the base is revealed as a sweet, resinous sandalwood, with perhaps a little oud. I am sure there are many more notes that my nose isn't subtle enough to distinguish, but to me cedar and sandalwood are the woods this fragrance is built around. Personally I don't get any vetiver at all which I know could be a disappointment for some; I am quietly pleased for myself, as I often find it embitters an otherwise pleasent drydown. Wonderwood lingers pleasantly on clothing and is especially enjoyable on a cozy sweater or leather jacket.

There isn't a particularly loud fragrance, projection is polite but still noticeable. With all the incense and wood I can definitely see the family resemblance between this and Comme des Garçons 2, although it is a more introverted sibling. It could certainly be read as the more masculine of the two, but I wear this very comfortably as a woman and it is quickly becoming my signature.
14th October, 2016 (last edited: 20th October, 2016)

Add your review of Wonderwood