Rose The One (2009)

HouseDolce & Gabbana
PerfumerMichel Girard
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About Rose The One

Rose The One is a feminine perfume by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Michel Girard

Rose The One fragrance notes

Reviews of Rose The One

rbaker Show all reviews
There is citrus in the opening - grapefruit mainly - with a fruity berry and they both mix quite pleasantly. Then white florals kick in - muguet mainly - and the titular rose arrives too; it is not a very convincing or natural rose, but it's all right. In the base the standard synthetic woodsy-musky concoction is quite boring, and a rather average vanilla does not alter this, although this scent is never overly sweet or cloying.

This a day-to-day scent suitable for warmer spring days, with moderate sillage, decent projection and six hours of longevity on my skin. 2/5
16th July, 2015
Oh my goodness this is my favorite scent of all time!

It smells of sweet roses mixed with pink grapefruit. I spray it in the air and walk under it to just get a subtle scent that lasts all day.

Sometimes I put on coconut lotion and spray this on. I have gotten many compliments.

It is very strong and I only put it on full strength at night time.

It is a very romantic smell.
26th December, 2012
I actually prefer this to the original and find the smell comforting. In my opinion, Rose the One is another expertly crafted and high quality perfume from Dolce & Gabbana. The rose is there, but it is attractively understated and creatively flanked by the tartness of the fruits (probably the grapefruit mostly). This is all softened and sweetened by the other flowers and the musk and vanilla.

Along with the new D&G Pour Femme and the original ladies’ D&G from twenty years ago, this scent to me demonstrates an absolute synthesis and perfection of form which can only be obtained by a perfumer who has dedicated much time and thought into creating something of great beauty and feminine dignity.
30th November, 2012
Watery sweet fruity floral at first spray. Does not open very originally. Rose comes through. Very watery, and although I could see myself wearing this (at least if it stays like this), after having tried Les Parfums de Rosine's take on the rose, I feel I have grown out of synthetic florals like this. It develops beautifully; some citrus and another soft white flower and juicy fruit stay in the background. Very modern, a little cold - nice for a wedding or a spring occasion where you want to smell lovely and not overpowering. This is just not for me; I suspect this will appeal to people new to perfume, or department store fruity floral perfume lovers. The heart develops into purely soft white flowers, but nothing jarring - all very average. Bleh. As some reviewers said, "Where is the rose?".

Verdict: To Ebay this one goes!
11th August, 2012
I liked the unpretentious rose in this one.
It's very smooth and although it wasn't created to seduce - that's why it's quite green and fruity as well - there is still a peppery side, which reminds of what rose can do when it's unleashed.
10th June, 2012
I first smelled D&G The One Series on a coworker. She wore L’eau The One and I absolutely loved it. I was set on wanting to have it in my collection. However, after I tested Rose The One I changed my mind! (I’m glad I tested this before I purchased L’eau!)

Rose The One is beautiful. The soft rose is very elegant which could make it a great evening scent. And yet there is a juicy and sweet note that make it perfect as an everyday wear. I really love the mixture of sandalwood, musk and vanilla at the heart. When I wear Rose The One, I often times feel both sexy and innocent at the same time :) I think two sprays is perfect on my skin and seems to last the whole day.
16th June, 2011

Add your review of Rose The One

Shop for Rose The One products online

Shop for Rose The One at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Rose The One

Member images of Rose The One

There are no member images of Rose The One yet. Why not be the first?