Asmar (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseSo Oud
PerfumerStéphane Humbert Lucas

About Asmar

Asmar is a shared / unisex perfume by So Oud. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Stéphane Humbert Lucas

Asmar fragrance notes

Reviews of Asmar

"This review is for Nectar Parfum concentration"

After spraying on your skin and first sniff, first thing that attacks your nose is sweet honey note.
It's strong, warm and very sweet, but very yummy and sensual at the same time. for a few seconds it's just straight honey.
After about 5-10 seconds tobacco shows up and as time passing by it gets stronger.
The tobacco note here smell like dried tobacco leafs. it's dry, herbal and kind of bitter green that gives the scent a dark and masculine aura.
In the mid while honey and tobacco notes domination, coffee note joins.
The coffee note is not that strong. it's a few steps back behind those two.
In the base the scent didn't change that much. I'm just getting a little more coffee and a little smoother honey and tobacco.
The scent is kind of linear but it's not getting boring because longevity sucks!
Projection is strong at the start but it dies pretty quick on my skin. I've tested it several times during several weeks to see may I get more longevity but no way! longevity is around 3-4 hours on my skin and even with different testing during different situations it didn't change.
It's a very sensual and beautiful high quality fragrances but it's note unique and I've smelled something like this before. also for $270 for 30ml I want better projection and longevity!
16th June, 2014
Got this as a sample (thanks @Nosey49!) and my wife approved of it on me. She also likes when I wear M7, so perhaps she enjoys oud? "oriental spicy sweet gourmand" <= yup, I'd agree with that. Too bad it's $225/bottle...
06th April, 2013
Worth trying for ballsy originality. Although it opens with a fatty honey note reminiscent of some faux-Provence bath products, it rapidly shifts to an unusual mix of cinnamon, coffee and wet cardboard hovering over a do-I-like-it-or-don't-I base of animalic amber. Curious.
11th November, 2011

Add your review of Asmar

Shop for Asmar products online

Member images of Asmar

There are no member images of Asmar yet. Why not be the first?