Iperborea (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseLorenzo Villoresi
PerfumerLorenzo Villoresi

About Iperborea

Iperborea is a shared / unisex perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi

Reviews of Iperborea

I love Lorenzo Villoresi, and Iperborea is my second favorite after his masterpiece, and my signature scent, Teint de Neige.
Iperborea is way more of a flowering experience than a powdery one for me. It is fresh, somewhat green however i always think to smell also the sweetness of Wisteria in it, but they never added that note, perhaps it is just the cyclamen combined with an extremely fresh cut lily of the valley. I saw a review that defined this as chemical, and, my God, i do not mean to open a thread, nor to disregard anyone's impression, but, quite honestly, i could not smell anything less chemical than this one. I would never even think chemical. That's unfair to me. This is a precious ode to the flowers and the dew of their most carnal petals, and, yet a tad sweet, too. With a dry down that's lingering toward a mystery set up by some powdery (and not soapy!) notes, and other lovely reminiscences of a wonderful, enchanted park in Southern Italy, maybe? Just great.
30th September, 2015
Genre: Floral

Iperborea’s soapy green floral top notes do it no favors, since they smell dangerously close to certain plug-in air fresheners. A trace of ozone and a heavy dose of clean white musk join the opening green and floral notes to delineate a blindingly bright olfactory landscape. The aim here is clearly a squeaky clean green floral composition in the vein of White Linen, but this language has already been debased to the level of grunts and monosyllables by decades of similarly scented household products.

Iperborea smells harshly chemical in any case, and I’d be more inclined to spray it on my towels than my self. The musk base note is extremely tenacious, which might have proven an advantage if I actually enjoyed it in the first place. As it is, I’m left with the recurrent impression of just having done dishes or washed my hands in a public restroom.
17th June, 2014
In Greek mythology, Hyperborea was a distant, exotic land. I'm not sure how that relates to this scent.
This is a very sweet, apricot/peach scent, with powdery orris root notes and other airy qualities.
Not at all my style, and I don't even find it particularly attractive.
Seems like a mis-step from the usually excellent Villoresi house.
26th July, 2012
Those reviewers that so negatively draft down a comment upon Lorenzo Villoresi Iperborea have probably never "enjoyed" the arm-pit of the most beautiful, elegant and sexy business-woman coming fresh of shower, bright and shining (but hurried and barely sweaty) at office early at morning. That fatal arm-pit (vaguely talky, vaguely acid) smells and "tastes" exactly like this deeply feminine, cool-warm and corporeal-organic italian musky-floral.
27th March, 2012 (last edited: 01st May, 2015)
I'm a recent buyer of Yerbamate and was looking forward to trying more from Lorenzo Villoresi. Sadly Iperborea lacked any of the surprise,depth or changing mystery of the former. Iperborea is sweet, pleasant but not stop in your tracks delicious. On me a mixture of baby lotion and 70s Ambre Solaire suntan oil. Neither a scent that I associate with luxury or art! The monolithic sweetness could have been better if the scent was light. Oddly I couldn't smell it at all for the first few minutes, then it revealled a heavy linear sweetness for several hours before disappearing as though it had never been there.
27th September, 2011
Outstanding. Fresh, clean, feminine but not sweet, white and slightly green. Utterly elegant. It's the kind of scent that makes you fall in love with anyone wearing it. It's Silvana Mangano in a Visconti movie.
13th January, 2011

Add your review of Iperborea

Shop for Iperborea products online

Search Amazon for Iperborea

Member images of Iperborea

There are no member images of Iperborea yet. Why not be the first?