Iperborea (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseLorenzo Villoresi
PerfumerLorenzo Villoresi

About Iperborea

Iperborea is a shared / unisex perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi

Reviews of Iperborea

Genre: Floral

Iperborea’s soapy green floral top notes do it no favors, since they smell dangerously close to certain plug-in air fresheners. A trace of ozone and a heavy dose of clean white musk join the opening green and floral notes to delineate a blindingly bright olfactory landscape. The aim here is clearly a squeaky clean green floral composition in the vein of White Linen, but this language has already been debased to the level of grunts and monosyllables by decades of similarly scented household products.

Iperborea smells harshly chemical in any case, and I’d be more inclined to spray it on my towels than my self. The musk base note is extremely tenacious, which might have proven an advantage if I actually enjoyed it in the first place. As it is, I’m left with the recurrent impression of just having done dishes or washed my hands in a public restroom.
17th June, 2014
In Greek mythology, Hyperborea was a distant, exotic land. I'm not sure how that relates to this scent.
This is a very sweet, apricot/peach scent, with powdery orris root notes and other airy qualities.
Not at all my style, and I don't even find it particularly attractive.
Seems like a mis-step from the usually excellent Villoresi house.
26th July, 2012
Those reviewers that so negatively draft down a comment upon Lorenzo Villoresi Iperborea have probably never "enjoyed" the arm-pit of the most beautiful, elegant and sexy business-woman coming fresh of shower, bright and shining (but hurried and barely sweaty) at office early at morning. That fatal arm-pit (vaguely talky, vaguely acid) smells and "tastes" exactly like this deeply feminine, cool-warm and corporeal-organic italian musky-floral.
27th March, 2012 (last edited: 01st May, 2015)
I'm a recent buyer of Yerbamate and was looking forward to trying more from Lorenzo Villoresi. Sadly Iperborea lacked any of the surprise,depth or changing mystery of the former. Iperborea is sweet, pleasant but not stop in your tracks delicious. On me a mixture of baby lotion and 70s Ambre Solaire suntan oil. Neither a scent that I associate with luxury or art! The monolithic sweetness could have been better if the scent was light. Oddly I couldn't smell it at all for the first few minutes, then it revealled a heavy linear sweetness for several hours before disappearing as though it had never been there.
27th September, 2011
Outstanding. Fresh, clean, feminine but not sweet, white and slightly green. Utterly elegant. It's the kind of scent that makes you fall in love with anyone wearing it. It's Silvana Mangano in a Visconti movie.
13th January, 2011
Villoresi's 2010 contribution is a complex green floral starting with extremely soapy, greenish top-notes which give way to a dominant and rather screechy magnolia-jasmine accord. The first impression, especially the top-notes, did not appeal to me at all, the heart seemed very harsh and uninviting and in the end I recognized the familiar musky notes Villoresi used in his top-seller Teint de Neige (a scent which I love, btw). Iperborea seems like an attempt at recreating classics like Balmain's Ivoire or Scherrer I, but it is less remarkable and is not harmonious ... the name reminds me of the prefix hyper - Hyper- IPER. Everything seems a bit over the top and the scent does not possess the effortless elegance of the great iconic green florals, nor does it please the senses with a well-balanced cocktail of flowers. Staying-power is excellent, but the overall impression is not.
24th December, 2010

Add your review of Iperborea

Shop for Iperborea products online

Search Amazon for Iperborea

Member images of Iperborea

There are no member images of Iperborea yet. Why not be the first?