Portrait of a Lady (2010)
by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Portrait of a Lady information

Year of Launch2010

HouseEditions de Parfums Frederic Malle
PerfumerDominique Ropion
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Portrait of a Lady

Portrait of a Lady is a feminine perfume by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Dominique Ropion

Reviews of Portrait of a Lady

jcw122 Show all reviews
More like "Portrait of an Old Lady". I can't believe this is so well rated. It smells to me a lot like an elderly woman mixed with the gourmand scent of a male club fragrance.
07th April, 2018
A lady indeed. I got a musty, smoldering spice of a rose in the beginning. If I inhaled deeply I smelled a teeny tiny bit of raspberry. Settling down, it became a dry tinder pile of incense and patchouli. A musky amber finishes this off with nary a nod to benzoin.
11th December, 2017
Really pleasant fragrance. Just too feminine for me. On a lady this would be great!!
07th December, 2017
Every time I tried it on I get different ideas. This perfume is a Rubik's cube, my dumb brain can only work out one face at a time.

The most current version I got is: vivid rose blast at opening, accompanied by something strongly reminiscent of oud(incense?), with some sort of spicy animalistic undertone. A panther hide in rose bushes. If I get close enough, there is a soothing aspect of aldehyde.

The rose, thankfully, doesn't have the indolic feel as in Une Rose, possibly due to some fruity softener that I couldn't tell. My skin stays a battlefield between army of red rose and slightly pungent musk. After an hour or so, rose is utterly defeated and the musk decimated, a vast land of patchouli finally reveal itself.

If it really is a portrait of a certain lady, then it's the portrait of Rebecca, the devious and charming mistress of Manderley.
18th October, 2017
Portrait of a Lady is now called "Portrait of a King embracing his Lady!!

...WOW, what a fragrance!!!

Floral, because of the Rose and spices; but also, slightly woodsy from the Patchouli and Sandalwood.

In the end, you are going to get a beautiful creamy, yet rose combined spice fragrance that is dry and incensey! Lovely!

Performance: 10/10
Silage: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

[Update: I didn't have to sell myself to get this :o); got a 1.7oz for a really good deal! new-$135]
13th October, 2017
Fantastic projection, fantastic longevity. Perhaps bit too much floral. Only the second cologne that I tried that last until I was in the gym the next morning. Although not quite my fragrance definitely has a lot to have any protection.
15th July, 2017

Add your review of Portrait of a Lady

Shop for Portrait of a Lady products online

Search for on eBay United States

PORTRAIT OF A LADY by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle - 20 ml (0.67 fl oz)

• USD $45.00

Frederic Malle Editions de Parfums PORTRAIT OF A LADY Sample +Mini Box NEWEST

• USD $22.50
  • Time Left:
  • Shipping from: United States

New Frederic Malle - Portrait of a lady Editions De Parfums #50ml.#100ml.

• USD $290.00
  • Time Left: 8 days
  • Shipping from: South Korea

New Frederic Malle - Portrait of a lady Editions De Parfums #50ml.#100ml.

• USD $290.00