Uplands

Average Rating:

Uplands Fragrance notes

Oak Moss, Spruce, Cedarwood, Rosemary, Verbena, Sage, Lavender, Artemisia

Uplands information

Uplands is a men's fragrance by Bonny Doon Farm.

Reviews of Uplands

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

jread's avatar

Wow, this one was a very pleasant surprise! It has strong hints of lemon and lavender, with a dash of pine in the middle of it all. It has better projection than the other Meehan offerings, and the longevity is great as it will stick with you all day long. The ingredients are all-natural and of high quality, and this is immediately evident as soon as you open the bottle. The scent is like a sunny day in the Spring; very clean, crisp and refreshing. It is by far my favorite out of the Bonny Doon Farm juices.

24 October, 2012

neptune's avatar

Bought this because I love the Meehan Bay Rhum and was pleasantly surprised. Opens with a strong lemony verbena and settles down into resinous herbs and lavender. Nice, subtle and doesn't smell like weird chemicals. I'd wear it anytime. I haven't tried Yatagan, so I can't speak to Redbeard's comparison above.

08 October, 2012

Redbeard's avatar

I got a sample of this thrown in with some other samples I ordered. It begins with very sharp herbs...lavender and lemon over a stinging piney green. The lavender is unfortunately the sweaty body-odor type that I just can't stand. It's almost to the point of having an extract of smelly armpits in a bottle, even though the lemon trying to compete with it actually isn't bad. The worst of it eventually fades, leaving behind a decent dusty pine wood, almost like a weaker Yatagan. Sharp but not too sharp...like Yatagan, a very Southwestern smell which I'd expect to encounter in an art gallery or fancy hotel in Santa Fe or Taos. I'll give them brownie points for using probably the most natural ingredients they could get their hands on, though not that cheaply. Still, considering that Yatagan is also cheap and acheives the same base without going through such repulsive top notes, I can only give it a thumbs down.

08 October, 2011