Osmanthus Oolong
by Providence Perfume Co.

Osmanthus Oolong information

HouseProvidence Perfume Co.
PerfumerCharna Ethier

About Osmanthus Oolong

Osmanthus Oolong is a shared / unisex perfume by Providence Perfume Co.. The fragrance was created by perfumer Charna Ethier

Reviews of Osmanthus Oolong

What is going on here? Something in these top notes distinctly resembles a smell I get when I enter my neighborhood Chinese grocery store. It's somewhere in the middle of tangy fruit, flower and spice. Is it the aglaia flower? The combination of yuzu and aglaia? It was bursting and unexpected, and I wasn't sure if I'd round the corner and smell the ever-present bin of dried fish. But no.

What followed was ... ... champaca? It smells that way, and it brings to mind complex and heavily flowered East Indian perfume oils.
And then: a full, gorgeous blooming of osmanthus, with it's own interplay of fruit and light blossom notes. There's tart, slightly metallic apricot here, as well.

I don't catch much of the tannins nor the smoke that others mention, but it's not an overly sweet mix, which is good. The dry down is satisfying and comforting, with lightly honeyed beeswax that goes straight my heart.

Also, for me it doesn't translate to osmanthus tea (dried osmanthus to my nose smells like sueded peach, round and soft with lactones). Still, it's a gem.
09th April, 2013
The osmanthus comes roaring out of the gate very enjoyably and realistically - reminds me more of osmanthe yunnan (hermessence) than Osmanthus (TDC). The peachiness is quite pronounced as is the lovely seude/leather note that comes with osmanthus. Not synthetic or harsh, but rounded and very edible without being all that sweet or candied. This is definitely not a "fruity" scent.

The tea is quite marked too - almost a tannic quality to it. The whole thing has a delicacy to it and yet some tenacity - especially for an all-natural. The leather/peach/tea carries along fairly linearly. I get some lime? perhaps at the start, but otherwise this stays put. And it is lovely.
22nd March, 2013
A very light tea scent. Poor longevity.
17th May, 2012

Add your review of Osmanthus Oolong

Shop for Osmanthus Oolong products online

Search Amazon for Osmanthus Oolong

Member images of Osmanthus Oolong

There are no member images of Osmanthus Oolong yet. Why not be the first?