Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (2010)
by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza information

Year of Launch2010

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza is a shared / unisex perfume by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 2010

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

This is a great fragrance, but now what I expected.
There is citrus, but it dries down pretty quick and the base notes kick in.
On my skin, it is very woodsy. Everyone's skin is different... but this was not what I expected.
Darker than Colonia. Did not smell unisex to me at all.
Reminded me a bit of a cigar humidor. In a good way.
Thumbs up, I really like it - but you should try before you buy.

18th March, 2017
techt Show all reviews
When I sprayed this juice on my wrist, I was expecting something completely different, what a disappointment!
It opens with a strong citrus scent that immediately remind me of something from a very long time ago. It was the scent that I used to smell when as a kid I went to the barbershop to get my hair cut. This is just old barbershop scent at a hefty price.
26th December, 2016
Holiday scents #3 - Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

Compared to the original, just reviewed, Essenza has distinct petitgrain and neroli notes which push it away from masculine and into unisex territory to this nose. More knowledgeable folks than me have written here that these notes make Essenza closer to the original idea of the eau de cologne; I dare say, but not closer to my personal conception of it.

In terms of fragrance details, the original Colonia is better to my way of thinking. Despite the claim on my sample card that Essenza "enhances the emblematic notes of the famous Colonia", the performance is lesser than the original and easily within the realms of the irksomely low-powered both in terms of sillage and duration. I am underwhelmed by Essenza compared to the original, and it does little for me in any sense, so it receives a neutral rating.
07th August, 2016
The original Colonia is one of my absolute favorite fragrances of all time. There is none better when it comes to a citrus cologne. With that being said, this Essenza version comes in a close second and resembles the great citrus found in the original, but with a very woody vibe. The most prominent notes I detect are neroli, lemon/grapefruit/orange and dry wood.

A common problem with most Acqua di Parma scents is their longevity. Colonia usually lasts about 3 hours before becoming a skin-only scent. This Essenza formula averages about 6 hours which isn't the best, but definitely an improvement.

TLDR

The citrus mixture found in here is about an 80% match to what's found in Colonia. There is a very noticeable neroli note in addition to the dry wood that isn't present in the original. Longevity is about 6 hours and projection is between 2 to 3 feet. My overall score for this would be an 8/10.
30th June, 2016
This to me is the best citrus cologne available to mankind.. It's heavenly to smell.. I've never been to Italy but I imagine handsome Italians in suits, riding vespas, Hollywood stars on yachts.. It's a masterpiece.. My girlfriend loves it.. Heck even the dog licks it off my wrist.. If I had one gripe it would be longevity but I just reapply and off I go again in heaven, I won't describe the notes as previous reviews have already done so I just wanted to enthuse how much I love it. Closest cologne that comes anywhere near this is obviously the other adp colognes and trumpers gft.. I haven't tried Tom Fords portofino yet tho.

*I had the pleasure of wearing this on a week long Mediterranean holiday recently and this fragrance completely enhanced my whole holiday..I couldn't wait to spray it after my evening shower before going out*

*also tried Tom ford's offering and it's nice but certainly not as good as adp essenza*
09th June, 2016 (last edited: 02nd February, 2017)
A superb flanker to the original cologne.

As others have said, Essenza is a deeper, richer version of the original Colonia. It is built largely around a Neroli note and features in its heart a green Lily Of The Valley, ably supported by its classic bedfellow, Jasmine. The Patchouli, Amber and White Musk in the base provide a beautiful smooth and extremely sophisticated dry down.

Essenza maintains that traditional old school refinement, achieved in no small part by the soapy effect of the Neroli and also the Rosemary from the original, whilst adding a touch of modernity that feels totally congruous. Longevity, projection and sillage are decent for a cologne.

Essenza is a brilliantly executed cologne and will certainly become a mainstay of my wardrobe.
02nd April, 2016 (last edited: 01st March, 2017)

Add your review of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

Shop for Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza products online

Search Amazon for Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

Member images of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

There are no member images of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza yet. Why not be the first?