Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (2010)
by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza information

Year of Launch2010

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza is a shared / unisex perfume by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 2010

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

Starts off light and soapy before becoming an eye-watering barbershop scent.

15th July, 2015
Here I am, your amazing "interesting man in conflict"!

Today is a great day, because yesterday I bought my first Acqua di Parma!
I must say that I consider this brand a kind of Italian institution, without this "Water" in Italy I would not have found a lot of other subsequent Waters (and cities too) born like mushrooms!
In addition, their marketing plan is very interesting: a ready-to-wear luxury perfume, that transversely they sells just in niche perfumery and in the more commercial ones.

This perfume has nothing to do with Paco Rabanne Pour Homme as someone claims! Or at least it does as a horse with a mule!

Our nose is not as reliable as our eyes are! But there is one example that I can do to exemplify how our sense of smell works!
When you're in a dark bar drinking a beer, your eyes are able to pick the colors adapting themselves to the dark! If at some point you go out, outside the bar, while the sun shines at the top, in a split second, your eyes would adapt themselves to light. The same thing would not happen if instead of your eyes to work was a camera!
The ability of our eyes to see in different light conditions is related to our memory, the brain's ability to process an image that presumably we know, allowing our eyes to see.
Our sense of smell works in the same way! With the same handicap, always! It "sees" the first color and then another one and yet another! But if it does not have an archive of olfactory memories it can not exceed the first or the second color! To store memory, our nose not only has to work continuously, but must be closely linked to our brain, that we must strive to create our database that is not spontaneous! There are few smells that we can store spontaneously: the smells of danger (as fire), those of food, those of the stool and those about sex!

Some shades of rosemary and moss can remember many other scents. Especially if our nose can not overcome these barriers to investigate the smell!

With great consistency this perfume holds the promise of the pack, with an elegance that is now a stereotype of the brand.
Interesting game in opening with a pungent Petit Grain (perhaps reinforced) and beautiful unisex feeling of patchouli! Who could ask for more!Simplicity is an achievement!

This reviewer may have conflicts of interest

19th June, 2015
Emoe Show all reviews
this gets neutral simoly because its a total copy of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

fresh and green, fougre.

not much else to say.
13th June, 2015
I liken Essenza to Assoluta and the original, with its main standout notes being orange and neroli, both of which strike me as significantly more pronounced in Essenza than in the original or Assoluta (after trying Intensa much earlier today, I can offer that Intensa is, to me, quite different from the others). Grapefruit and perhaps another citrus lie in the background, and musk as usual forms much of the base. I had a difficult time detecting some of the spice notes, especially patchouli, in all but Intensa, but there are again a few base notes listed

Longevity and projection are again the same: moderate in projection, decent in longevity (6-8 hours or more). And the usage is similar--generally a summer day, given the citrus-dominance and that it's not too heavy.

As a side note, it's great that these are all priced similarly so that potential buyers can choose the fragrance they like most without pretense. I probably lean toward the original or Assoluta but Essenza is very pleasant as well.

7 out of 10
10th June, 2015
cpp214 Show all reviews
I've had the pleasure of sampling 100's of fragrances at this point in my journey. Essenza is, hands down, the best citrus fragrance I've ever smelled.

The opening is simply amazing, and must be experienced if you are a fan of citrus-based fragrances. Orange, Lemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin, slightly sweet, but masterfully tempered by the Petitgrain. It's like being enveloped in the most beautiful, fragrant citrus grove that you can imagine. That opening, that magical rendition of olfactory citrus bliss, lasts a surprisingly long time.

As it dries down on your skin, after about 30-45 minutes, the floral notes emerge slowly, and effortlessly. Although listed as unisex, I think it leans ever so slightly masculine in spite of the florals. And I'm a guy who usually shies away from anything too floral.

And underpinning this masterful orchestration all the while, is a subtle, but expertly blended patchouli, musk and amber accord that provides an anchor for citruses, and helps to extend their longevity beyond the realm of the run-of-the-mill eau de cologne, while never smelling remotely synthetic or cheap. Absolutely brilliant composition.

On my skin:

Longevity--5-6 hours.
Projection--Very good for the first hour, closer to the skin hours 2-6, but I can always smell it on myself throughout it's duration, and that's what matters most to me.
Sillage--absolutely perfect. It doesn't announce your presence, but those near to you will notice it.
Season--Year round
Rating: 10/10 a masterpiece, and benchmark for it's genre.
04th June, 2015
Genre: Citrus

Navigating the Acqua di Parma line is a challenge. The original Colonia (Cologne) is a straightforward, enjoyable eau de Cologne, distinguished by a big green jasmine note and a healthy dose of Mediterranean herbs. Then come at least three flankers: Colonia Intensa, Colonia Assoluta, and Colonia Essenza. All sound like higher-concentration bottlings of the basic Colonia, but each is in fact an alteration or thematic variant on the traditional citrus eau de Cologne.

Colonia Intensa attempts to wring more staying power from the original formula by adding lots of cedar and a soapy musk, both of which smell as if they strayed in from some other, altogether different, fragrance. Colonia Assoluta, which retools the whole structure from the bottom up, works much better, and ultimately strides in the direction of herbaceous citrus chypres like Cristalle, Chanel pour Monsieur, Iskander, and Vie de Chateau.

Colonia Essenza hews more closely to the original eau de Cologne style, but takes a different tack toward depth and tenacity than Intensa. Rather than cedar and soap, Colonia Essenza adds a delicious orange note and plenty of incisive petitgrain to the top notes, while bolstering the drydown with an accord of luxuriously creamy, warm musk and clean patchouli. The result is at once bolder, more substantial, and more enduring than a conventional eau de Cologne, yet retains the cheerful insouciance that makes this ancient fragrance style so perennially appealing. Very, very nice.
08th June, 2014

Add your review of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

Shop for Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza products online

Shop for Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

Member images of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

There are no member images of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza yet. Why not be the first?