Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (2010)
by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza information

Year of Launch2010

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza is a shared / unisex perfume by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 2010

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

This is a classy, wonderful fragrance. I can definitely see the comparisons to Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino in the opening, but Essenza becomes much creamier in it's soapy aspect that NP does. NP is more transparent than Essenza. Essenza is also more green in it's dry down. My wife thought it was too soapy smelling, but I love it, and enjoy the barbershop shave soap smell I get from Essenza. A big thumbs up!
05th June, 2017
This is a great fragrance, but not what I expected.
There is citrus, but it dries down pretty quick and the base notes kick in.
Very fresh and green with a crisp soapiness to it.
On my skin, it is somewhat herbal, but still fresh. Must be the Rosemary.
I really liked it and picked up the 180ml bottle to use this summer.
Darker than Colonia. Did not smell unisex to me at all.
Lasts longer than Colonia, great complement to the line.
Thumbs up, I really like it - but you should try before you buy.

Update:
The more I wear it, the more I like it. This could easily be a signature scent.
I think Essenza and Assoluta are great flankers to the classic original.
Where Assoluta is bright, warm, and somewhat casual, Essenza is a bit more formal, cooler and darker. Very happy with this purchase.
Last VERY long - especially for an AdP scent.

18th March, 2017 (last edited: 17th May, 2017)
techt Show all reviews
When I sprayed this juice on my wrist, I was expecting something completely different, what a disappointment!
It opens with a strong citrus scent that immediately remind me of something from a very long time ago. It was the scent that I used to smell when as a kid I went to the barbershop to get my hair cut. This is just old barbershop scent at a hefty price.
26th December, 2016
Holiday scents #3 - Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

Compared to the original, just reviewed, Essenza has distinct petitgrain and neroli notes which push it away from masculine and into unisex territory to this nose. More knowledgeable folks than me have written here that these notes make Essenza closer to the original idea of the eau de cologne; I dare say, but not closer to my personal conception of it.

In terms of fragrance details, the original Colonia is better to my way of thinking. Despite the claim on my sample card that Essenza "enhances the emblematic notes of the famous Colonia", the performance is lesser than the original and easily within the realms of the irksomely low-powered both in terms of sillage and duration. I am underwhelmed by Essenza compared to the original, and it does little for me in any sense, so it receives a neutral rating.
07th August, 2016
The original Colonia is one of my absolute favorite fragrances of all time. There is none better when it comes to a citrus cologne. With that being said, this Essenza version comes in a close second and resembles the great citrus found in the original, but with a very woody vibe. The most prominent notes I detect are neroli, lemon/grapefruit/orange and dry wood.

A common problem with most Acqua di Parma scents is their longevity. Colonia usually lasts about 3 hours before becoming a skin-only scent. This Essenza formula averages about 6 hours which isn't the best, but definitely an improvement.

TLDR

The citrus mixture found in here is about an 80% match to what's found in Colonia. There is a very noticeable neroli note in addition to the dry wood that isn't present in the original. Longevity is about 6 hours and projection is between 2 to 3 feet. My overall score for this would be an 8/10.
30th June, 2016
This to me is the best citrus cologne available .. It's heavenly to smell.. I've never been to Italy but I can certainly imagine sophisticated Italians wearing this, Hollywood stars on yachts.. It's very thought provoking and conjures romantic images .. If I had one gripe it would be longevity and projection but I just reapply regularly on nights out with a decanter, the use of rose in this is what makes it special i think, gives it a suave feel.
09th June, 2016 (last edited: 28th May, 2017)

Add your review of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

Shop for Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza products online

Search Amazon for Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

Member images of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza

There are no member images of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza yet. Why not be the first?