New York Oud (2011)

Year of Launch2011

HouseBond No. 9
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About New York Oud

New York Oud is a shared / unisex perfume by Bond No. 9. The scent was launched in 2011

New York Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of New York Oud

Heady, heavily fruity and honeyed rose with an undertow of skin musks to dirty it up a little. Something so over the top and with such an authoritarian will to power is bound to come across as somewhat unnatural – this is a rose perfume with a John Waters aesthetic, capable of touching the parts others won’t, but also loud and tacky. The fruit note is supposedly a plum but comes across more as a synthetic litchi – it can unleash both saliva and fatigue. As for the oud, I’m going to have to pitch my tent in the ‘There’s no oud in this’ camp.
New York Oud is full-tilt rose mayhem tottering on 10 inch purple vinyl heels and there are times when I am definitely in the mood for that. Unfortunately, they are getting increasingly infrequent as I get older. If the coin was in the air about this one for me, it dropped and fell into the gutter after four hours or so. At this point there is barely any let up in volume but the scent itself has morphed into something so plastic there should be an environmental warning in place.
27th March, 2015
It smells more like rose and plum than the oud I'm used to. Better suited for a woman than a man. But it's harsh and strident. Not for me personally. Better for a dedicated niche of oud fans than the average consumer.

03rd February, 2015
I dont know how people can describe this as suitable for a men. it is heavy on the rose. It is reminiscent of Portrait of a Lady, which is about £50 cheaper and far better scent. Bond No.9 has synthetic elements come across which mare the scent and all in all it is too sweet. It smells like an Indian "Paan" Shop. Sweet, heavily cloying and full of roses, and musk.

I cannot believe this is anyone's favorite or ultimate scent. It is annoying, leaves you with a head ache, and people who smell it think of it a cheap air freshener, you know the one, with the roses, in the 70's, and 80's. Horrible horrible scent. I bought this on the reviews, and let that be a lesson to me, never by a fragrance, especially for this price blind. Luckily I did get it for £100, however I think that I overpaid by £100 for this rubbish, on a auction site, where testers are not allowed but apparently are if you get my drift.

I have worn this on a two occasions, and on both occasions, I cleared the tube and bus. Nobody wanted to sit next to me or within proximity to me. Its also deadly potent to, just two sprays and its goodnight Vienna, only you will be most likely to spend the bed room, or building alone!
29th August, 2014
the most beautiful fragrance in the world for me. I cannot live without this one.

It is so beautiful and elegant...

Powerful, sensual and full of charisma.

This is my signature scent..thank you so much Bond No. 9 for making this piece of art.

24th July, 2014
The beginning and end is oud - intense, rich but not dark, on the brighter side and not too synthetic. Later rose notes are added, a hint of harsher vetiver and wood notes. Simple, straightforward and convincing. Excellent silage and projection with a longevity of over eight hours. An oud for the bright side of life.
02nd June, 2014
What more can I say other than absolute perfection on my skin. I love everything about this fragrance. Great projection.

Each and every time I wear this I get raves and compliments. Definitely my Signature scent. Plum and Rose are heavy here and not for a man with a faint heart. It is what it claims a New York sort of Oud.

05th May, 2014 (last edited: 25th February, 2015)

Add your review of New York Oud

Shop for New York Oud products online

Shop for New York Oud at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for New York Oud

Member images of New York Oud

There are no member images of New York Oud yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to New York Oud