A*Men Pure Havane (2011)

HouseThierry Mugler
PerfumerJacques Huclier
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men Pure Havane

A*Men Pure Havane is a masculine fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Huclier

A*Men Pure Havane fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men Pure Havane

I don't usually buy full bottles until I've spent a great deal of time with something, meaning it takes a lot for me to commit beyond a decanted sample. But when I tested this- and let it sit a few hours on my skin- I went back and got myself one. It was that good.
Initially, for a split second, I was horrified at what I interpreted as the smell of cheap baby wipes. Past that first moment, PH becomes a dreamy, creamy, cherries-and-almonds pipe tobacco trip. Liatrix? Pepper? Coumarin? Molasses? You bet. And as time passes, this remains three dimensional, and smells exactly like an antique furniture store with soft hardwood floors and a freshly unzipped pouch of sweet, grandfatherly pipe tobacco. Can't wait to wear this for fall!
17th August, 2016
Lovely, sensuous and intoxicating scent!

If you hate the original, sorry, you have to wait quite a few hours for those well known A*Men notes to quiet down and allow the beautiful honeyed tobacco leaves to come in and put a big smile on your face.

For me it was over six hours before the honey/tobacco fully kicks in. It's there, well into the next day on your clothing and if you happen to fall asleep without bathing then you'll probably wake up to a great concoction of notes on your skin.

This is sort of a practice in a delay of gratification waiting for the later life of this fragrance.
17th March, 2016
To my nose, opens with about 20 seconds of a cough syrup/drop cherry smell that quickly mellows to a pleasant cherry smell as the tobacco slides in right underneath...the tobacco I picture as I smell this are large slightly moist leaves ready to be rolled into cigars...or a room where leaves are hanging curing/drying...after just a little while it is joined by a vanilla/caramel accord, but not too sweet to my nose...I agree with others that I like this better than Tobacco Vanille...starts out strong, but then dies down on me, but stays with decent longevity...just finished a decant of this...not full bottle worthy to me, but I would not rule out getting another decant somewhere down the line because I do like how this smells...
decant worthy Gourmand Tobacco
19th October, 2015
A difficult review for me.. I really can't stand the original A*Men and I was gifted a bottle of Pure Wood, which I found equally revolting and gave away, but after a more serious sampling of Pure Coffee, which I found surprisingly good once the opening settles, I came back to Pure Havane and find it has similar quality in the dry down. While I still don't care for the sweet base, it does seem to work better in Pure Coffee and Pure Malt than what it does for me in Pure Wood. Pure Havane on the other hand, I am not so sure of. While I like the cigar store tobacco notes, the candy bar base just doesn't seem to fit with the tobacco like it seems to in Coffee and Malt.

Well, to each their own. I'll upgrade my initial rating to a neutral.
04th September, 2015 (last edited: 04th October, 2015)
Anybody can create a good perfume, that is easy; but to be a tobacco one with the right ingredients and at the right time with the right concept and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

This reviewer may have conflicts of interest

29th May, 2015
Salutation.

For those who are addicted to the game of seduction!It's the slogan “Life without passion is unforgivable.”This scent is too sweet but in a perfect way.I am in love with it and i get tons of compliment when i wear it. Bold, Vanilla,Sensual,Addictive,Heady and Evocative.

This great scent has a passionate and harsh opening of tobacco and honey over a charming and warmer heart of vanilla and cacao and a hint of patchouli and a dry down of sheer romance as it gives you feel cozy and Surrendering yourself to its temptation is akin to reaching erotic zenith.

This EDT isn´t too heavy and cloying in the hot weather but great and warmer for a night out on the town or a romantic night with your honey.It leaves a heady memory of you in your wake.this is a ladies magnet beware.Highly recommended to those,who wants to smell great but definitely test it first.

Sillge?Lovely.

Longevity?About 7 hours on my skin.

7.5/10