A*Men Pure Havane (2011)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 349 ratings

A*Men Pure Havane Fragrance Notes

A*Men Pure Havane information

A*Men Pure Havane is a men's fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2011

Reviews of A*Men Pure Havane

Showing 1 to 6 of 73 reviews.

sidewinder's avatar

Hard to add anything constructive here. A man's tobacco, nothing sweet here. Excellent value due to potency. Layer with Eau des baud or TDH or Lomani Platinum for a twist. This one is perfect. 5 out of 5

09 August, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

I keep trying the A*Men "Pure" flankers, hoping to find one in which the featured guest note balances out the (to me) oppressive sweetness of the original composition. Pure Malt gets the job done for a while, but loses its whisky embellishment and climbs back on to the dessert tray too quickly for my comfort. Pure Havane’s cherry pipe tobacco takes longer to emerge from beneath the viscous strata of A*Men’s woods and chocolate, but once it does, it proves more enduring than the liquor note in Pure Malt. As it happens, tobacco is not only an effective “corrective measure,” but also an exceptionally well-suited accent to the underlying structure of A*Men. The result is the first A*Men iteration I can imagine wearing with any degree of pleasure.

31st July, 2014

funhuntr's avatar

Philippine Philippine

Pure Havane to me is a good fragrance, but not a great one. As much as I want to believe that there is tobacco in there, I prefer it smokier, duskier, like a humidor, a gentleman's scent. I don't smell that all with Havane, it might as well be called Pure Cherry. It does have the A*Men DNA, making it smell like a chocolate bonbon with a cherry filling (or with the way it develops, the other way around). Still a thumbs up, but a hesitant one.

24 July, 2014

Tmoran's avatar

To me Thierry Mugler fragrances are about as high quality as you are going to get in a designer product. I get the impression that they put just as much effort into their frags as they do their designs. It shows in the quality of the whole package. Pure Havane is so well done and so natural. People say there is no tobacco in havane but I disagree. When you first spray havane it has a similar feel to A*men. But with a cherry note. Then as it dries down the tobacco and vanilla come up from the background to create a very very pleasing and quality scent.

I think this compared to angel men is actually pure perfection and that is what I would have named it. It has a perfect blend of notes and it is plenty potent without killing those around you. And IMHO it is actually pretty beastly as far as longevity and sillage are concerned. While this is not the same as tobacco vanille I believe it or not prefer this to Tom Ford. I think TM pure havane is less linear and skimps nothing in the terms of quality. I think if you have been looking for a good tobacco scent that actually has a good amount of it in there this is hard to beat. And again is one of the few brands in the designer market that will provide niche quality.

30th May, 2014

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

Cherry, caramel, vanilla and bit of tobacco. Winter fragrance to the bone.
    Most importantly, finally in my possession as the demand is high and supply quite poor.
    Incredible how fast it came from "in stock" to "only 10 left" and in 2 days "out of stock".

The scent, like B*Men and A*men has this strong "winter drang" so it makes you wish it's at least -5°C outside so that you can wear it in it's full gear. Now B*Men and the original, A*Men are thick and invasive, whilst Pure Havane is mild, airy however not weak. This doesn't mean it lacks potency. As it develops on my skin, more I see a bit of a connection with Givenchy Pi but only when I shove the nose on my wrist. The fragrance glows its own character on the outside and that is its argument against givenchy pi notion or potentially that of other candidates.

It is difficult to say if I really like Pure Havane for its scent or is it more that it is such a hype, talked about a lot, glorified in a way just like Pure Malt and not that easily available. I tend to think that both reasons partake in my enjoyment of owning it and wearing it, being in that club of people who like and practice this hobby.
    Now I need to get my hands on Pure Malt and my ego will be completely satisfied.

Pure Havane is an excellent designer work full of life and character that bring enjoyment to the wearer. It is one of those products that inspire emotions and makes a wearer content, happy, and that matters a lot.

28 March, 2014

scentgent's avatar

Thierry Mugler Pops Your Cherry

I have been testing this fragrance for about 4 weeks now, so I think that I have a pretty solid handle on it. I would like to start off by saying that this overall "scent" is very solid. It is not harsh at all and the best word to describe it is "smooth."

That being said, this tops with Vanilla and Tobacco Leaf and dries down with Cherry and Honey. Biggest complaints focus on the heavy cherry and longevity. I think the cherry is pronounced, but not to the cough syrup level.

The biggest reason to consider this fragrance is if you do not want attention. You heard that right, you do NOT want compliments or attention. This is practically an "on your skin scent" after 45 minutes of application. If you are in close contact with people, that is an entirely different story. They need to be practically on your skin to smell this. That can be a good thing too, and I know that I want that experience at times as well.

Translation: You are buying this to enjoy the fragrance only for yourself and possibly a significant other. That is it. It needs heat in order to work. In the summer months I am going to assume longevity and projection problems would disappear.

Finally, I think with there was a reformulation upon the rerelease. It smells heavier on the cherry and weaker on the tobacco than when I last had a chance with this. I do not see this as an office scent. It is too fruity and unprofessional and there is a lot out there that is cheaper that does the trick much better. This would be a great casual scent however.

For a personal experience, it is very good. If you are trying to garner compliments, I would go with another frag. In comparison to the rest of the Tierry Mugler line, there is better out there in my opinion. It's still good, just not as good as other options.

Pros: Pleasant scent, Versatile
    Cons: Poor projection and longevity for a Mugler line frag"

02 October, 2013

HIGHEST BID
    ANGEL A*MEN PURE HAVANE by Thierry Mugler 3.4 oz ( 100 ml ) EDT Spray Men NIB
    • Time Left: 28 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    4 x THIERRY MUGLER A MEN PURE HAVANE & PURE MALT EDT 1.2ml COLOGNE SPRAY SAMPLES
    A MEN Angel Men Pure Havane Thierry Mugler EDT 1.2 ml .04 oz SPRAY Sample x 2pc
    • Time Left: 10 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    3 pc Thierry Mugler Samples A MEN PURE HAVANE MALT & ICE MEN 1.2ml Spray Cologne
    Brand New Thierry Mugler Angel Pure Havane 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 19 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    Angel Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler for Men 3.4 oz EDT Spray Limited Edition
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now