A*Men Pure Havane (2011)

HouseThierry Mugler
PerfumerJacques Huclier
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men Pure Havane

A*Men Pure Havane is a masculine fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Huclier

A*Men Pure Havane fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men Pure Havane

I was skeptical about this fragrance at first, but after a few wearings it has grown on me. I haven't purchased a bottle, so all of the wearings have been from samples. The opening is a very sweet cherry smell. It is very strong for a few minutes then becomes more tolerable. I also pick up a sweet tobacco scent as well. I think the sweetness is coming from the honey note. In a way, it does slightly remind me of a cigar. This definitely has the DNA of the original Angel Men, and it is very apparent in the dry down.

This fragrance (along with basically all of the other A* Men flankers) wins points for being unique. Can't say that I have ever smelled it on anyone before, or anything even close for that matter. This is a seductive smell in my opinion, not something I would wear to work or to class (college).

Pure Havane projects very well. I've had multiple people compliment it and ask what it was. It also last for a long time, about 6 - 7 hours on my skin.

Personally, Pure Malt is my favorite A Men flanker, but Pure Havane is probably a close second, followed by Ultra Zest. I think I will be purchasing a bottle soon.

I highly recommend getting your nose on this one.
29th October, 2015
To my nose, opens with about 20 seconds of a cough syrup/drop cherry smell that quickly mellows to a pleasant cherry smell as the tobacco slides in right underneath...the tobacco I picture as I smell this are large slightly moist leaves ready to be rolled into cigars...or a room where leaves are hanging curing/drying...after just a little while it is joined by a vanilla/caramel accord, but not too sweet to my nose...I agree with others that I like this better than Tobacco Vanille...starts out strong, but then dies down on me, but stays with decent longevity...just finished a decant of this...not full bottle worthy to me, but I would not rule out getting another decant somewhere down the line because I do like how this smells...
decant worthy Gourmand Tobacco
19th October, 2015
A difficult review for me.. I really can't stand the original A*Men and I was gifted a bottle of Pure Wood, which I found equally revolting and gave away, but after a more serious sampling of Pure Coffee, which I found surprisingly good once the opening settles, I came back to Pure Havane and find it has similar quality in the dry down. While I still don't care for the sweet base, it does seem to work better in Pure Coffee and Pure Malt than what it does for me in Pure Wood. Pure Havane on the other hand, I am not so sure of. While I like the cigar store tobacco notes, the candy bar base just doesn't seem to fit with the tobacco like it seems to in Coffee and Malt.

Well, to each their own. I'll upgrade my initial rating to a neutral.
04th September, 2015 (last edited: 04th October, 2015)
Anybody can create a good perfume, that is easy; but to be a tobacco one with the right ingredients and at the right time with the right concept and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

This reviewer may have conflicts of interest

29th May, 2015

For those who are addicted to the game of seduction!It's the slogan “Life without passion is unforgivable.”This scent is too sweet but in a perfect way.I am in love with it and i get tons of compliment when i wear it. Bold, Vanilla,Sensual,Addictive,Heady and Evocative.

This great scent has a passionate and harsh opening of tobacco and honey over a charming and warmer heart of vanilla and cacao and a hint of patchouli and a dry down of sheer romance as it gives you feel cozy and Surrendering yourself to its temptation is akin to reaching erotic zenith.

This EDT isn´t too heavy and cloying in the hot weather but great and warmer for a night out on the town or a romantic night with your honey.It leaves a heady memory of you in your wake.this is a ladies magnet beware.Highly recommended to those,who wants to smell great but definitely test it first.

Longevity?About 7 hours on my skin.

18th April, 2015

Pure Havane is another flanker of A*men PH, and I find it, like Pure Malt, better than the original. Pure Havane adds tobacco and honey to the original A*men PH, and, more importantly, has mercifully been stripped of its progenitor’s birch tar. The result is a delicious boozy-tobacco-y patchouli / cocao / amber treat.

Pure Havane retains the chocolate-patchouli platform of the original. It retains the lusciously rich and controlled sweetness of the labdanum / amber background. It civilizes the ungodly projection of the original but retains much of the longevity. And it adds the aforementioned richness and depth of tobacco and honey. The result is a basically linear fragrance that I find, in total, much more palatable than A*men Pour Homme.

In my review of the original, I said that I enjoy the drydown. With this one I enjoy the entire run. This is how flankers should be done.
10th March, 2015

Add your review of A*Men Pure Havane

Shop for A*Men Pure Havane products online

Shop for A*Men Pure Havane at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for A*Men Pure Havane

Member images of A*Men Pure Havane

There are no member images of A*Men Pure Havane yet. Why not be the first?