A*Men Pure Havane (2011)

HouseThierry Mugler
PerfumerJacques Huclier
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men Pure Havane

A*Men Pure Havane is a masculine fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Huclier

A*Men Pure Havane fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men Pure Havane

I used to own this a while ago. When I first bought it, I thought it was a great flanker to the original A*Men. I own the original A*Men, and Pure Malt. I was ready to give this one higher marks than Pure Malt after testing it a little bit. One day though, all of that changed. It went from one of the best designers I had to one of the strongest, most annoying, couldn't-wait-to-scrub-it-off-my-skin scents I owned.

Scent: It opens up with a huge blast of tobacco. It's not in the note breakdown on here, but I smelled cherry. Quite a bit. Looking back on all of the times I've worn it, almost positive it's the tobacco that was the culprit there. For some reason, and I noticed this like last year, me and tobacco fragrances (especially if they're "loud") typically have a hard time getting along. Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford is pretty close to that mark, but the only thing that saved it for me was the Vanilla. In this one, there's nothing saving it. It was a disaster in every sense of the word. I tried giving the dry down a chance but that tobacco had ruined it for me. I wound up giving it to my cousin as a gift.
Rating: 3/10

Projection: This thing was strong on me. Too strong. It was on par with the original A*Men (10+ hours). I have had to scrub it off on multiple occasions so I could wear something else. As far as performance, this thing delivered in this category.
Rating: 10/10

Versatility: Winter and Fall scent definitely. If I wore this in the Summer, I'd get sick. I already know how that story ends and it's not good. It can be used on a night out with friends or a date. I have found, however, that most women I've went out with did not like Pure Havane. I went very light on sprays too because I know how it performs, but sadly, that didn't help. Most women that I've met and dated, prefer the fresh stuff (Acqua di Gio (original or flanker), Bleu de Chanel, Sauvage, etc.). I wouldn't say this is a good one to wear to class unless you sit in the back or something (even though that might not help because this thing projects). In my opinion, it's not a good work scent either. Most places are very particular about not offending people with perfumes so that disqualifies Pure Havane automatically.
Rating: 5/10

Overall Rating: 6/10. It's alright. It's different than your typical designer fragrance so it has some uniqueness to it. It performs and that's always a plus. You want your scents to last. Overall, Pure Havane is alright. I would recommend other tobacco scents over this one honestly.
03rd January, 2019
The best from the A*Men collection. Period.
16th November, 2018
Sweet tobacco vanilla. Cheap alternative to Herod. Not bad at all.
05th November, 2018
"The taste of her cherry chapstick."

There's your top notes, in addition to the familiar youthful A*Men base that I consider timeless and seductive.

The cherry does open a bit strong and feminine to me but it dies down within an hour and remains, mellowing out the rest of the whole fragrance to a beautiful soft cherry woody scent for the remainder of its presence. Excellent cold weather date night scent. Very sweet, comfortable, and unique. Projection and longevity are on par with the rest of the line. Gorgeous fragrance.
28th October, 2018
hcr Show all reviews
Haven't sampled all of the A*men scents, but this is my favorite so far. Not as bombastic as the original, would make a good addition to the collection.
30th June, 2018
Pure Havane is one of the better designer releases of recent years. A popular one at that. I owned PH for a while & it was a nice little addition to my ever growing collection. The tobacco, honey, vanilla & cherry note tho not listed it is there, was very nice. I got no cacao from this. The execution is good as I can see what Mugler was trying to do here & that is think outside of the box.

This made for a good date or bar fragrance if that is your thing & it appealed to the younger audience which I think it may have been targeted towards. It is not juvenile, but has this young man quality about it.

Unfortunately I grew tried of this & sold it as I did not have a need for it. Projection is on the low side for me, while longevity was around 6-7 hours which is good for an EDT! PH has it cult following & I can see why because for a designer release it will conjure up compliments & will grab attention. Tho for me there are better options out there that suits my needs. Enjoy!
25th March, 2018