Kenzo Pour Homme Boisée / Woody (2010)
    by Kenzo

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 43 ratings

Kenzo Pour Homme Boisée / Woody Fragrance Notes

Kenzo Pour Homme Boisée / Woody information

Kenzo Pour Homme Boisée / Woody is a men's fragrance by Kenzo. The scent was launched in 2010

Shop for Kenzo Pour Homme Boisée / Woody products online

Reviews of Kenzo Pour Homme Boisée / Woody

Showing 1 to 6 of 17 reviews.

feq'tah's avatar

Belgium Belgium

Is this a woody scent? Well, yes and no. If you associate 'woody' with a more stereotypical image of tree trunks of the heavier robust kind, then no. Although the trunk is here too, albeit fresher and earthier, which might become more apparent when the base notes rise to the fore. But if you're thinking of twigs and leaves, or bamboo perhaps, then you will have a more accurate image.
    Actually, I think this fragrance is a fine new addition to what woody might mean to be. And what do i mean with fine? Well, i must be thanking the holy noses out there when i spray this 'on', because this is another masterpiece in my experience. Many talk about Dior Homme as Olivier Polge's (single)masterpiece, but this, although entirely different, is just as much one.

You might go with the classical notion of top, heart and base to examen its composition, but you might miss its ingenuity if you do not consider the vertical aspect. The backbone of this vertical aspect is basil ( although listed as basil, i suspect it's actually tulsi). Everything in this composition is centered around basil. In the top the basil opens in an extraordinary accord with mint (and something else?). Probably not something everyone will like. I can only describe it as a fresh rubbery mixture. In the heart it transforms to an accord with rosemary (and some rests of mint?). And then the woody aspects of basil lingers in the base, not very prominent, but it gives a very interesting touch to the vetiver.
    While this composition is very skeleton-like, the sheer brilliance of it is that it is not fleshed out, but left to linger or dance in a cloud /haze /mist. There's quiet a saltiness to that mist. Is it calone? It might be but it it cannot only be that. In the top that mist has notes of citrus, limonene and linalool (lavender). In the heart the pepper and the saltiness comes more pronounced, and in the base the cedar catches the mist. There's also a dash of coumarine and ionones present witch gives that mist a slight sweet woody tone.

A skeleton made of branches and twigs with the leaves left on, held together with stems of herbs, dancing in the mist along the seaside. That's the image i convey. Or smelling someone who just came back from a long walk along the seaside and the woods. Love it.

Of course there's preferences, perhaps this is not your thing, but at least even a slightly trained nose must realise this is a very finely crafted fragrance. Not for the masses, but top notch! It 'll become an overlooked classic, you'll see...

07 August, 2014

Ghost_Goat's avatar

I've tried this one twice, and it smells fine, almost likeable upon opening. BUT, about a minute after it hits my skin, all hell breaks loose. It becomes this acrid, metallic, nose-melting beast. It's a very specific smell, one I feel like I've known, and it's absolutely horrendous. It could be my chemistry, but I cannot recommend this one by any means. This is the first time a scent nearly made me narf. And, I typically like woody and smoky scents.

04 February, 2014

Francois Blais's avatar

Nothing ground-breaking here, but a nice spicy woody smell that stays close to the wearer so it's a safe scent for the office.
    Got it blindy in a swap, and I'm happy I did.
    The original Kenzo was more original, but also kind of harder to wear in real life.

2014/08/07 edit:
    The more I wear it, the more I like it!
    I get a very nice leather feel under the spices that's great!

28 November, 2013 (Last Edited: 07 August, 2014)

Johannes's avatar

Norway Norway

Polite and pleasant

I agree with the reviewers that classify Boisée more as a green than woody fragrance. There is an earthy citrus here, a tad of smokiness and a hint of herbs. Otherwise, almost a mild, sweet aquatic.

This is going to be my replacement for Lagerfeld Man, which is no more.

Edit: Have to dock it a star and a half for having serious longevity issues and being more synthetic than it seemed at first (EdT).

17 July, 2013

Possum-Pie's avatar

Very lush green, nothing special that I can detect.

27 January, 2013 (Last Edited: 13 February, 2013)

ImTheSamYouKnow's avatar

Personally I like it, as of the department store frags definitely a good one. While billed as "woody" it is certainly woodish but I wouldn't really classify it as woody. I definitely get more of a green from it, there is some cedar but lightly hidden behind an almost lemongrass kind of greenery. Average Longevity- nothing that really amazes but nothing that disappoints either.
    Bottom Line: Good frag, easy to wear and attracts compliments, but more of a clean green than earthy wood. Embodies my idea of a fresh green scent.

19 June, 2012