Boyfriend (2010)

HouseBoyfriend

About Boyfriend

Boyfriend is a feminine perfume by Boyfriend. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Boyfriend

I have a roller ball of this and always had it in my mind that I would go buy a bottle and never did. I regret that so much. I love the creamy vanilla comforting scent. So smooth and sensual - I love it
14th July, 2016
Evocative of Indecence

This is my first Basenotes review and it happens to be for my latest purchase, Boyfriend. Three days ago I walked into my local Sephora and asked for a patchouli scent. This was such a surprise! For one, I had to weed out all the others I already owned which incorporated patchouli, such as Angel and Prada Tendre. The gentleman assisting turned out to be quite a nose because as I rejected or pondered each one he presented and answered his questions, he surmised I was looking for an amber that wasn't so powdery, that I adored the cedar note, and wanted something different than what I already have.

Boyfriend beats what I tried last year, Kenzo Amore, because it's infinitely more wearable. It's softer, feels more real, closer to the skin, less astringent. I'd say this is also very unisex---my "boyfriend" will probably wish to wear it once I break it out around him this fall.

There's also something about it that reminds me of both Organza Indecence and Shiseido's Feminite du Bois. It's NOT floral to me and that's the most appealing thing of all.

Pros: Warm, lightly spicy, delicious
Cons:

13th August, 2013
Don't let the name put you off

I was pleasantly surprised by the contents of this bottle. I usually avoid celebuscents like the plague, but after reading positive reviews online, I decided to give this scent a chance. On my scent-devouring skin, this is a fairly long lasting dry woody, slightly plummy, amber perfume. It's fantastic in cold weather. I enjoy getting a whiff of this on my winter scarves. The packaging could be better, but the juice is good! I may have to invest in a larger bottle.

Pros: dry, woody, plummy, warm and embracing
Cons:

29th May, 2013
This is deceptive-smells almost too strong at first, then within about 20 minutes it turns into something lovely and warm, with a nice clean drydown. Very lasting, so one or 2 sprays will do it. Love the bottle and packaging. This reminds me of Le Baiser de Dragon by Cartier, and probably has some of the same notes
21st March, 2013
I'm giving Boyfriend 2 stars - not because I liked the scent, per se, at least not on me! - but, because I was impressed by the complexity of the scent and the way it kept changing. It opens with what seems like a sharp clash of feminine fruity-floral mixed with a hint of clove cigarette!

My sister and I both tried it on, and we would sniff our wrists every minute or so and yell out what we thought it smelled like: "It smells like I dropped an apple into a burning campfire!" "It smells like someone burning a cinnamon stick with a Bic lighter!" "It smells like someone put a cigar out in a bowl of bread dough!"

Boyfriend claims to have fruit, amber, floral and incense notes. It certainly does! But, the way the notes interact with one another is unexpected - almost as if they don't "blend well." The result is interesting.

When the scent finally calmed down and settled - it was mostly a dry, powdery amber with a hint of clove scent (probably the myrrh) - and it smelled distinctly masculine. With such a sharp, distinctly feminine floral opening, those crazy-strange middle notes, and a slightly dusty-ish masculine end - I would think it would be tough to wrangle up some fans...But, Boyfriend is super-popular! Go figure...
04th December, 2012
Even if this fragrance was not called ‘Boyfriend’ I would probably still recall a young boy from my teenage years. It was the summer I was to turn thirteen and I’d just developed a crush on the boy next door, the one with whom I had spent several past summers as a complete tomboy. He’d been gone a week or so, camping with his stepfather. When he returned I ran out of the house to hug him as if I had not seen him in decades. As I hugged him I inhaled, taking in the smell of sweat, the camping grounds, his days-old hair product, his…everything. To an outsider, it was plain ol’ funk, a teenage boy long overdue for a shower. For me, however, it was that inexplicable essence of Neighbor Boy that made me miss him all the more desperately and brought indescribable joy upon his return. I picked up the rollerball of Boyfriend and was greeted with this repressed memory.

I love plums as they smell so seductive when they’re used in fragrances; the plum here is seductive but not in a typically vampy way. It’s juicy but not overtly fruity and certainly not too sweetened. The vanillic musk is almost like sweet, mildly perspired skin and the woods are smoky and spicy. (According to a reputable online retailer, there is, in fact, vanilla in the base.) There’s something floral lurking in the background—it’s jasmine, really?—that is purposefully vague, not to cloud up our memories of past and present boyfriends (or husbands). I will agree that Boyfriend is more of a fruity chypre than a floral woody musk, much in the same darkly innocent spirit as Jessica Simpson’s Fancy Nights.

Boyfriends have come and gone throughout my life but this hearkens back to the first one, back to a feeling I have found to be elusive. Even for a few minutes, I captured that feeling once again through a single sniff of this very subtle skinscent.
30th May, 2012

BOYFRIEND 'Billionaire Boyfriend' Body Creme

End Date: Saturday Mar-23-2019 5:27:51 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $12.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

KATE WALSH BILLIONAIRE BOYFRIEND FOR WOMEN - 0.5 OZ/15 ML EDP SPRAY IN BOX -RARE

End Date: Saturday Mar-23-2019 7:53:39 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $8.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Perfume Samples LOT!~GUCCI-Guilty Absolute~TOM FORD-Billionaire Boyfriend-MJ-4PC

$7.99 (0 Bids)

Kate Walsh Billionaire Boyfriend Perfume Spray 0.15oz Sample Vial **Lot of 18**

End Date: Saturday Mar-23-2019 19:45:47 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $19.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Billionaire Boyfriend by Kate Walsh Eau De Parfum Spray 0.5 oz (95 % Full)

End Date: Saturday Mar-23-2019 22:33:51 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $16.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Kate Walsh | BOYFRIEND | Perfume in velvet pouch | 0.5 fl. oz. New!

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 10:26:17 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $74.95

Womens New Kate Walsh Billionaire Boyfriend Dira Necessitas Vintage 1.7 Oz

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 18:05:55 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $28.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

2 x BOYFRIEND Pulse Point Oil Rollerball Roll On 0.4 Oz / 12 Ml (DISCONTINUED)

End Date: Monday Mar-25-2019 5:47:40 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $58.95

5 Bottles - Kate Walsh Billionaire Boyfriend EDP Spray For Women 0.5 oz

End Date: Monday Mar-25-2019 5:47:41 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $52.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

3 x BOYFRIEND Pulse Point Oil Rollerball Roll On 0.4 Oz / 12 Ml (DISCONTINUED)

End Date: Monday Mar-25-2019 5:47:41 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $69.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Kate Walsh Billionaire Boyfriend EDP Spray For Women 1.7 oz / 50 ml (NIB)

End Date: Monday Mar-25-2019 5:47:43 PDT

BOYFRIEND by KATE WALSH eau de parfum 0.5 oz

End Date: Monday Mar-25-2019 5:47:47 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $79.95

Member images of Boyfriend

There are no member images of Boyfriend yet. Why not be the first?