Roadster Sport (2009)

Roadster Sport information

Year of Launch2009

HouseCartier

About Roadster Sport

Roadster Sport is a masculine fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2009

Roadster Sport fragrance notes

Reviews of Roadster Sport

Roadster Sport doesn't remind me too much of the original other than for a a brief moment in the opening when I get a flash of something resembling mint. This is a much more subtle fragrance and for some, it may come across as bland. To me it is a grassy, mildly herbal scent mostly dominated by rosemary, lime, and orange flower. There's also something of a cold, bitter edge to it, but not in any extreme, dominating way, just enough to give it a cool feeling. I think Roadster Sport is nice and pleasant, but it's not anything that's going to wow you or feel particularly special. The original Roadster makes much more of an immediate and lasting impact. At the same time, the original also suffers from a few awkward moments and missteps while this version does not. In that regard, Sport is well-composed and put together, achieving its mildly pleasing effect rather effortlessly. I'm sort of neutral toward this, but definitely neutral leaning in a positive direction. It seems like the kind of scent that I may appreciate more with time and several wears. As of now, it's just kind of cool and grassy, slightly herbal and bitter while coming across nice and pleasant. Also, on the positive side, there's nothing that screams "SPORT" about this. It doesn't possess any of the sterotypical "sporty" blue and aquatic fresh qualities that often plague sport flankers, so kudos to Cartier for not going that route at least. Projection is on the reserved side of moderate and longevity is about an average 6 hours. Roadster Sport reminds me of the now discontinued Essenza de Zegna, dialed down a notch, but similar as far as its grassy, herbal quality is concerned.
28th January, 2017
lex Show all reviews
this was a blind buy because of a review on youtube. my bad ,i should of known.lol this is a sport frag that smells similar to many others.i get some green in there that slightly separates it from many others.roadster sport smells really nice though i have to admit.roadster sport is a nice welcoming addition to my roster...
26th January, 2017 (last edited: 31st January, 2017)

The original Cartier Roadster was a chancy fragrance – it went against the trends. Personally, I enjoyed it at first, but after several wearings, the potency of the mint note began annoying me and I regretted purchasing the bottle. Now we have another version… called a “sport” version, and the more I try it, the more I think that the name fits. Roadster Sport opens with a citrus / herbal accord – definitely on the dry side because of the particular herbs: sage and rosemary, with a lightly spicy pepper. A diminutive, smooth, characterless patchouli serves as a platform for the citruses and herbs, so there’s an subconscious depth to the heart and base notes without it being heavy. The pyramid says that there is gaiac wood in the the composition, but I can’t find it.

After my experience with it, this certainly is an improvement on the original Roadster. Instead of a domination of mint, the sage - rosemary accord is much lighter and more freshly sophisticated. Roadster Sport is dry but it doesn’t come across as arid. I particularly appreciate the lack of sweetness: I guess that’s what makes it a sport version. Roadster Sport could use a better longevity.
17th February, 2016
Salutation.

What a lovely refreshing fragrance. ROADSTER SPORT is a woody aromatic with subtle fruits for a modern masculine feel.it has more sophisticated, exciting,strong and above all better longevity than Versace Man Eau Fraiche for me.this CARTIER EDT is not as bitter as original version.

Sour,Juicy,Youngish,Aromatic,Cute,Citrusy,Refreshing and Harmonious. It has a nice strong scent in the opening due a stylish elegant blend of fresh and citrusy notes,a elegant middle notes and a comforting woody base notes for man who want that fresh feeling without smelling boring.

ROADSTER SPORT is not definitely for to wear to an event with a tie.it is great for the day to day situations,casual or active wear.the scent keeps calling you back for another sniff.if you are looking for a fresh and subtle scent for next summer this one just might perfect for you.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?About 5 hours on my skin.

72.5/10
16th December, 2014
Fleeting and fading. A pretender compared to it's well composed older brother. 2 out of 5
09th August, 2014
The god damn summer is here and it's time for extremely fresh fragrances!
This fragrance opens up with a very fresh, tart and a little bitter bergamot note mixed with some green and grassy notes and a little bit of musk in the background that gives the scent slight amount of sweetness to keep the fragrance away from being completely tart and kind of sour.
It's very simple but something that I adore is the quality of the notes which is great as a designer fragrance. the patchouli note at the start has a green and almost grassy quality and there is no sign of that earthy and damp feeling that this note usually has.
As time passes by the fresh citrusy and grassy green feeling of the scent settles down and at the same time I can smell a little woods in the background plus slightly more sweetness.
The mid still has that fresh feeling but now it's a little bit more sweet and slightly woody at the same time.
The base is almost the same as mid but now that patchouli note turns from green grassy to a soft earthy smell beside other notes that I mentioned in the mid.
Projection is average and longevity also is average (around 3-4 hours on my skin) but I don't care that much because it's a very fresh, quality and very nice smelling scent and that's exactly what I'm looking for the terrible hell summer!
26th June, 2014

Add your review of Roadster Sport

Shop for Roadster Sport products online

Search Amazon for Roadster Sport

Member images of Roadster Sport

There are no member images of Roadster Sport yet. Why not be the first?