Roadster Sport (2009)
by Cartier

Roadster Sport information

Year of Launch2009

About Roadster Sport

Roadster Sport is a masculine fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2009

Roadster Sport fragrance notes

Reviews of Roadster Sport

The original Cartier Roadster was a chancy fragrance – it went against the trends. Personally, I enjoyed it at first, but after several wearings, the potency of the mint note began annoying me and I regretted purchasing the bottle. Now we have another version… called a “sport” version, and the more I try it, the more I think that the name fits. Roadster Sport opens with a citrus / herbal accord – definitely on the dry side because of the particular herbs: sage and rosemary, with a lightly spicy pepper. A diminutive, smooth, characterless patchouli serves as a platform for the citruses and herbs, so there’s an subconscious depth to the heart and base notes without it being heavy. The pyramid says that there is gaiac wood in the the composition, but I can’t find it.

After my experience with it, this certainly is an improvement on the original Roadster. Instead of a domination of mint, the sage - rosemary accord is much lighter and more freshly sophisticated. Roadster Sport is dry but it doesn’t come across as arid. I particularly appreciate the lack of sweetness: I guess that’s what makes it a sport version. Roadster Sport could use a better longevity.
17th February, 2016

What a lovely refreshing fragrance. ROADSTER SPORT is a woody aromatic with subtle fruits for a modern masculine has more sophisticated, exciting,strong and above all better longevity than Versace Man Eau Fraiche for me.this CARTIER EDT is not as bitter as original version.

Sour,Juicy,Youngish,Aromatic,Cute,Citrusy,Refreshing and Harmonious. It has a nice strong scent in the opening due a stylish elegant blend of fresh and citrusy notes,a elegant middle notes and a comforting woody base notes for man who want that fresh feeling without smelling boring.

ROADSTER SPORT is not definitely for to wear to an event with a is great for the day to day situations,casual or active wear.the scent keeps calling you back for another sniff.if you are looking for a fresh and subtle scent for next summer this one just might perfect for you.

Longevity?About 5 hours on my skin.

16th December, 2014
Fleeting and fading. A pretender compared to it's well composed older brother. 2 out of 5
09th August, 2014
The god damn summer is here and it's time for extremely fresh fragrances!
This fragrance opens up with a very fresh, tart and a little bitter bergamot note mixed with some green and grassy notes and a little bit of musk in the background that gives the scent slight amount of sweetness to keep the fragrance away from being completely tart and kind of sour.
It's very simple but something that I adore is the quality of the notes which is great as a designer fragrance. the patchouli note at the start has a green and almost grassy quality and there is no sign of that earthy and damp feeling that this note usually has.
As time passes by the fresh citrusy and grassy green feeling of the scent settles down and at the same time I can smell a little woods in the background plus slightly more sweetness.
The mid still has that fresh feeling but now it's a little bit more sweet and slightly woody at the same time.
The base is almost the same as mid but now that patchouli note turns from green grassy to a soft earthy smell beside other notes that I mentioned in the mid.
Projection is average and longevity also is average (around 3-4 hours on my skin) but I don't care that much because it's a very fresh, quality and very nice smelling scent and that's exactly what I'm looking for the terrible hell summer!
26th June, 2014
Generic citrus scent with mediocre projection and no longevity on me. But for some reason I really like this scent. Just the right amount of fragrance for me early in the morning before heading to the office. Not a going out to party scent, but at least for me, my signature work/office scent. A lightttt orange/mandarin, slightly floral scent is impossible to offend. Huge bottle lasts forever too. Need different scents for different events, ya know?
20th March, 2014
I was sent a sample of this by a kind Basenoter on the same day that I rediscovered my long lost bottle of Joop! What about Adam? and, bizarrely enough, I'd always said I'd never smelled anything like What About Adam... until now!

Foolhardily perhaps, I'm reviewing this very soon after spraying it so I can only really comment on the first impression that this scent creates. Despite not listing them among its notes, I detect the same grapefuity-tomato leaf accord that I find so prominent in WAA? but here, somehow, it is softened and enriched by herbs and wood with a touch of floral from the orange blossom perhaps?

It's nothing ground-breaking and it seems to be fading all too quickly into the heart/base of fresh, green patchouli. I'll happily wear this until my sample is spent but I won't be rushing out for the bottle.
24th January, 2013

Add your review of Roadster Sport

Shop for Roadster Sport products online

Search Amazon for Roadster Sport

Member images of Roadster Sport

There are no member images of Roadster Sport yet. Why not be the first?