1697 (2011)

About 1697

1697 is a shared / unisex perfume by Frapin. The scent was launched in 2011

Reviews of 1697

Emoe Show all reviews
looking at the note pyramid, i thought this would appeal to me, but its a horrid mess on me.

i get an acidy soured rum on initial opening, thiag makes you jump back a bit, which then melds into this impossible to describe concotion that really does nothing for me.

09th June, 2015
On initial smell, I knew I smelled this before. Could not place my finger on it for at least 30 minutes. Kept smelling my hand where I sprayed. GOT IT! This is L' Artisan's Vanille Absolument created by Bertrand Duchaufour. Just so happens that Bertrand Duchaufour created this also...hhhmmmm.If you sample this and like it, purchase Vanille Absolument and save yourself some money.
30th November, 2014
A peculiar gourmand scent with a prominent boozy note, edible cocoa notes, tonka, cardamom, a vanilla base, a crunchy and bitter green accord, a fruity note (melonal like) and flowers, quite bold even if a bit overridden by the gourmand side – I smell carnation, rose, ylang. Overall as I said it's quite peculiar, it's like wandering slightly drunk in a botanical garden eating a piece of chocolate. However there is something which just doesn't work, I am not sure if it's about a dissonance or a wrong balance between the gourmand side and the floral-green notes, they just don't blend together, and it does not look like this is "on purpose" (but that's just my assumption). The fruity note which emerges later does sadly not help, as it kind of "melts" with the sweeter side of the scent getting warm and bit rancid, also because of the slightly oily/waxy tonka-vanillin base. Finally the white musks "roundness" does not help either, adding creaminess to all "that". A bit cloying, overall. In a certain way, the rendition of a slightly drunk mid-afternoon tea in a garden is quite vibrant and realistic, I just don't quite get the point.

20th May, 2014
1697 that must have been a short year like this fragrance is. My only complaint is the longevity and the price.
20th May, 2014
A rich rum aroma opens this up, darkish and booze-laden but not very heavy on my skin. A flowery drydown mainly shows jasmin with dried fruit, with a mildly peppery note in the background. Cinnamon is also present a bit later, with tonka and patchouli more evident in the base. Still, there is a good balance overall, even if the ingredients appear a bit disconnected at times. Decent silage and projection, with six hours of longevity. Autumnal without heaviness.
17th January, 2014
On first application I am getting a shot of rum which gives way to a peppery dried fruit accord. It's spicy and boozy then it becomes more sweet and flowery.

As time moves forward the flowery sweetness becomes a little musky and I can smell patchouli coming into the mix. The fragrance is now becoming soft on the skin and starts to smell like a very soft vanilla with just a hint of pepper and rum.

This is a very complex fragrance with a lot of notes. When you first spray it onto your skin there is a lot of notes coming at you from all directions. But when it settles you get a slightly buttery boozy vanille accord on your skin.

It's a nice fragrance but just a bit all over the place with the different notes before it settles.
28th September, 2012

Add your review of 1697

Shop for 1697 products online

Shop for 1697 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for 1697

Member images of 1697

There are no member images of 1697 yet. Why not be the first?