Chant de Bois (2010)

Bergamot, Grapefruit, Pink pepper, Patchouli, Cedar

Chant de Bois information

Chant de Bois is a unisex fragrance by Le Labo. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Chant de Bois

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

odysseusm's avatar

Pleasant citrus-wood

I am commenting on the solid format of this scent. I don't get any resemblance at all to Terre D'Hermes. Chant de Bois lacks the mineral note which is characteristic of TdH.

Starts with a fruity-citrus note, comprised of plummy bergamot and pink grapefruit. Not sweet, but definitely fruity. I find a hint of pink pepper which develops nicely. Hints of wood and (to my nose) the merest hint of patchouli (minty-earthy, well done). As a solid, the notes are slow to develop.

03 September, 2013

onaluna's avatar

This reminds me of a stylish gal in the early seventies, with brown suede boots, a floppy hat, clean hair and a suede hobo purse. I can smell her waxy lipstick.

Rich in patchouli (beautiful, intoxicating patchouli), laced with sprightly greens and citrus rind, and some light, spicy florals. A little bit of powdery wood in the dry down.

The solid is potent, and brings me back to some dreamlike archetype of what I wanted to be when I grew up.

27 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 24 April, 2013)

blood-orange's avatar

I am really ecstatic about this new Le Labo series. For once, one of my favourite niche houses has come up with something really affordable, while remaining unique, complex and exciting.

Chant de Bois is a very spicy, almost aromatic fragrance with rich woodsy notes and a delicious hint of zesty fruits. It could easily be unisex, so don't let the fact that it's marketed towards women put men off.

The patchouli and pink pepper really gives this fragrance that extra boost; a bit of earthiness and exoticism. I read one article on this fragrance, (Craven Maven), that likened this fragrance to that of Asian cuisine. I'll have to agree, especially seeming that Chant de Bois tends to have a very aromatic quality.

My nose seems to be detecting a lot of patchouli, pepper and lemon, so I'd say you need to enjoy those notes in strong doses before you go anywhere near Chant de Bois. In some ways it's along the same lines as other Le Labo fragrances like, Oud 27 and Patchouli 24.

The sillage and longevity are wonderful, very powerful. Don't let the price tag fool you, this is still niche goodness, very Le Labo in its style and approach.

20th April, 2012

elachrym's avatar

To me this smells nearly identical to Terre d'Hermes to me. The dry down might be slightly woodier, but really just almost a total knockoff. Anyone else getting this?

I would still give this a thumbs up because I like Terre d'Hermes, and I think the bottle is quite lovely. Still, one might expect something a little more original from Le Labo!

03 June, 2011

Add your review of Chant de Bois

Search for on eBay United States

Anthropologie CHANT de BOIS Le LABO Eau de Parfum Spray NEW 2 OZ Vegan Perfume
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 29 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)