Chant de Bois (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseLe Labo
Created ForAnthropologie

About Chant de Bois

Chant de Bois is a shared / unisex perfume by Le Labo. The scent was launched in 2010

Chant de Bois fragrance notes

Reviews of Chant de Bois

Pleasant citrus-wood

I am commenting on the solid format of this scent. I don't get any resemblance at all to Terre D'Hermes. Chant de Bois lacks the mineral note which is characteristic of TdH.

Starts with a fruity-citrus note, comprised of plummy bergamot and pink grapefruit. Not sweet, but definitely fruity. I find a hint of pink pepper which develops nicely. Hints of wood and (to my nose) the merest hint of patchouli (minty-earthy, well done). As a solid, the notes are slow to develop.

03rd September, 2013
This reminds me of a stylish gal in the early seventies, with brown suede boots, a floppy hat, clean hair and a suede hobo purse. I can smell her waxy lipstick.

Rich in patchouli (beautiful, intoxicating patchouli), laced with sprightly greens, citrus rind, and a light, spicy floral quality. A little bit of powdery wood in the dry down.

The solid is potent, but the brass container leaks green (and a metallic tang) into the cream. I prefer the liquid.
27th March, 2013 (last edited: 14th May, 2015)
I am really ecstatic about this new Le Labo series. For once, one of my favourite niche houses has come up with something really affordable, while remaining unique, complex and exciting.

Chant de Bois is a very spicy, almost aromatic fragrance with rich woodsy notes and a delicious hint of zesty fruits. It could easily be unisex, so don't let the fact that it's marketed towards women put men off.

The patchouli and pink pepper really gives this fragrance that extra boost; a bit of earthiness and exoticism. I read one article on this fragrance, (Craven Maven), that likened this fragrance to that of Asian cuisine. I'll have to agree, especially seeming that Chant de Bois tends to have a very aromatic quality.

My nose seems to be detecting a lot of patchouli, pepper and lemon, so I'd say you need to enjoy those notes in strong doses before you go anywhere near Chant de Bois. In some ways it's along the same lines as other Le Labo fragrances like, Oud 27 and Patchouli 24.

The sillage and longevity are wonderful, very powerful. Don't let the price tag fool you, this is still niche goodness, very Le Labo in its style and approach.
20th April, 2012
To me this smells nearly identical to Terre d'Hermes to me. The dry down might be slightly woodier, but really just almost a total knockoff. Anyone else getting this?

I would still give this a thumbs up because I like Terre d'Hermes, and I think the bottle is quite lovely. Still, one might expect something a little more original from Le Labo!
03rd June, 2011

Add your review of Chant de Bois

Shop for Chant de Bois products online

Search Amazon for Chant de Bois

Member images of Chant de Bois

There are no member images of Chant de Bois yet. Why not be the first?