Belle du Soir (2010)

Neroli, Water lily, Gardenia, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Patchouli

Belle du Soir information

Belle du Soir is a unisex fragrance by Le Labo. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Belle du Soir

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

odysseusm's avatar

Pleasant, young, feminine

Starts off floral, a bit sweet. Green notes, and soapy-fresh. Not much neroli, more gardenia. Pleasant, feminine, yong-cheery in style. Don't get much wood. Patchouli develops an earthy-leathery aspect. Dry down is sweet, and reminiscent of a cosmetic case. Not my style, but OK.

Pros: pretty
    Cons: dry-down is a bit fusty"

30th August, 2013

Miss_Madeleine's avatar

Whatever it was I smelled at the top repulsed me. P-U. So I did not buy it. One hour later, then 2, then 4 hours later, it became a lovely, subtle chypre. I got a mellow sandalwood, not much patchouli, and, yes, I smelled oak moss, too. Will get this next visit to Anthropologie.

03 September, 2012

muskymoi's avatar

I know they don't really share any notes, from what I read, but BDS reminded me of Shalimar in the top note opening for about 10 minutes before settling into the woods. Sillage, medium to low. Longevity, about 5 good hours. I wore it on a first date. No compliment. :(

It's a very nice, comforting and mood enhancing scent. Like. Plus, it's a sizable le labo for only $62. Score!

UPDATE: So, despite the big name behind it (Le Labo), I returned it to anthro because at the drydown I smelled like a sweaty lumberjack---i.e., like Paul Bunyan would smell after wrestling with Babe for a few hours...so very unsexy.

20th August, 2012 (Last Edited: 09 September, 2012)

Possumbility's avatar

Love it.
    Reminds me Balmain Ivoire and Ann Klein Blazer. Lovely green chypre, woods over laying a green mossy base with a little bit of soap. Very cool and subdued. There's no oak moss listed, but it smells like oak moss to me. Doesn't smell modern at all. Marigold isn't listed, but it smells like marigold to me. Or maybe it's artemisia? I don't know, it's a dry herbalicious. I'd be very interested to hear other people's opinion on this.
    The only thing I don't like, is the bottle. I usually couldn't care less about the bottle but this one is so cheap, with the label peeling off and glue smudges on the bottle. I tried to get another one, but they were all equally shoddy. Looks like a poorly done, home made perfume found at a Unitarian church bazaar.
    Smells great.

03 February, 2012

Add your review of Belle du Soir

Search for on eBay United States

New Le Labo ~Belle du Soir ~ Perfume Eau de Parfum Spray 2 OZ Anthropologie Box
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 12 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)