• Launched: 2011
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

A Fragrance Notes

Shop for A products online

Reviews of A

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 3 Negative Reviews

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Cloying despite a lot of green elements and with a synthetic ambroxan/ripe fruits (pears, plums ??)/aromatic spices prominent soul. The aroma appears by soon white/powdery on my skin, performing a sort of musky/medicinal/spicy/earthy green undertone tickling my nose. I feel at once a weird sort of "baked food" vibe (probably strangely aroused by the metal elements) and a persistent burnt sugar/licorice/hyspid metal accord which i detect throughout. The star anice (i suppose flanked by saffron) is notable and joins itself with the fruity/balmy cosmetic base (also contributing to provide that licorice effect i detect till the end). I feel this aroma such a candied and bath foam one with its weird synthetic spiciness, an hyspid fruity temperament and an opposite warm sugary effect. The outcome is a crazy mess so far from my olfactory "more ordinary" concept. I'm sorry.

21st December, 2013

Amos Jolthead's avatar
    Amos Jolthead

I understand what the attempt at the Blood concept was supposed to be, and I appreciate that fact, but so far as this fragrance goes, it does not represent this line as any type of chef-d oeuvre (some say the others are better). A opens up with a gardener's dream of basil and tomato, which to say the least, is odd. I mean, it is different, but that is about all the top notes have going for it. Sometimes different isn't good, and in my opinion, this is the case here. There is a reason why a gardener washes up after a day's work - because no one wants to walk around smelling like basil and tomato. The middle notes consist of apple and pear. I generally like apples and their scent, but I am not a pear fan, so maybe others may like the middle notes. I do not like the apple/pear combination. The pear sticks out too much for my taste. The base notes are supposed to be star anise and something metallic I believe, but I did not smell much past the apple/pear. Pretty good longevity (if that's something you want out of this fragrance) - couldn't get a good read on the sillage. To top off this unique fragrance is a 'unique' price, about 135$....a stinky price for a stinky fragrance.

30th December, 2011

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

Among the whole line "A" is surely the less intersting and, from what I learn reading the fragrance introductory brochure, should represent the bound between mankind and nature. It strikes as an aromatic green composition where (extremely) synthetic basil and tomato leaves are joined by a fruity apple/pear accord that's so badly executed to make my hairs raising (despite any fruit note is listed among the ingredients). The usual metallic /blood vibe is emphasized by the fruity undertones and turns to be unbearable. Smells somewhere between a cheap drugstore shampoo and the Pear Nectar by Petit. Meh!

Nowhere close being simply weird, just gross!

30th October, 2011 (Last Edited: 10th November, 2011)

Add your review of A