by D.R. Harris & co.

Marlborough information

HouseD.R. Harris & co.

About Marlborough

Marlborough is a masculine fragrance by D.R. Harris & co..

Marlborough fragrance notes

Reviews of Marlborough

rbaker Show all reviews
"Wood" is the word in my mind from the very beginning, mainly cedar; a dry but not very ash-oriented cedar, light and without a lot of pencil-shaving characteristics on my skin. There is a citrus undertone present on my skin, a touch of mandarine, but this is not a fresh citrus, and this definitely is not a very refreshing scent.

In the drydown a faint sandal impression is added, but I cannot say that this sandal impresses me a lot; it is fairly bland. I do not get any significant change until the end; on my skin there are no separate base notes.

As far as the performance is concerned, the sillage is quite soft. Initially the projection is all right, but towards the end this is very close to my skin. The longevity is good: six hours overall.

Pleasant if you like a light and restrained cedar scent, but to me it is a bit uninspiring overall. 2.5/5.
06th October, 2015
Marais Show all reviews
An extremely quiet scent, even for 'cologne' strength. I soaked my forearm with my generous sample, but after a couple of hours could only detect a faint woody smell by burying my nose in my skin. It starts with mostly cedar and a droplet of citrus. There are far better scents in the D. R. Harris range.

Re-rating this (upwards) to a neutral after re-sampling, as it smells nice even if it is weak. Lovely dry tobacco note. Pity it doesn't last!
10th June, 2012 (last edited: 02nd October, 2012)
This is a simple, straight-forward scent. Essentially, it presents cedar and sandalwood in a pleasing, natural way.
It has a citrus-lemon opening. This quickly moves to a nice, woody chord. The cedar is sweet, like a cedar chest. It is woody, bright and refreshing. The sandalwood is creamy and is a good counterpoint to the cedar.
08th May, 2012
I completely agree with Harvitz81's comments, except this really is too dilute to give much pleasure.
25th March, 2012
This one is a somewhat creamy, wood scent throughout. There is a bit of cedar in there and maybe even a trace of something that smells like sandalwood. It resembles the shaving products well and would compliment as such. At times I think it smells of an ashtray, but I really think that is me associating the name to that. Decent stuff and if you use the shaving products from this line and scent, you will like this. It is very light and wears close to my skin, but I can detect this if searching several hours later.
24th October, 2011

Add your review of Marlborough

Shop for Marlborough products online

Search Amazon for Marlborough

Member images of Marlborough

There are no member images of Marlborough yet. Why not be the first?