Marlborough

Average Rating:

Marlborough Fragrance notes

Cedar, Sandalwood

Marlborough information

Marlborough is a men's fragrance by D.R. Harris & co..

Reviews of Marlborough

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.

Marais's avatar

An extremely quiet scent, even for 'cologne' strength. I soaked my forearm with my generous sample, but after a couple of hours could only detect a faint woody smell by burying my nose in my skin. It starts with mostly cedar and a droplet of citrus. There are far better scents in the D. R. Harris range.

Re-rating this (upwards) to a neutral after re-sampling, as it smells nice even if it is weak. Lovely dry tobacco note. Pity it doesn't last!

10th June, 2012 (Last Edited: 02 October, 2012)

odysseusm's avatar

This is a simple, straight-forward scent. Essentially, it presents cedar and sandalwood in a pleasing, natural way.
    It has a citrus-lemon opening. This quickly moves to a nice, woody chord. The cedar is sweet, like a cedar chest. It is woody, bright and refreshing. The sandalwood is creamy and is a good counterpoint to the cedar.

08 May, 2012

brescd01's avatar

Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi

I completely agree with Harvitz81's comments, except this really is too dilute to give much pleasure.

25 March, 2012

Harvitz81's avatar

This one is a somewhat creamy, wood scent throughout. There is a bit of cedar in there and maybe even a trace of something that smells like sandalwood. It resembles the shaving products well and would compliment as such. At times I think it smells of an ashtray, but I really think that is me associating the name to that. Decent stuff and if you use the shaving products from this line and scent, you will like this. It is very light and wears close to my skin, but I can detect this if searching several hours later.

24 October, 2011