Absolue Pour Le Soir (2010)
by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Absolue Pour Le Soir information

Year of Launch2010

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Absolue Pour Le Soir

Absolue Pour Le Soir is a shared / unisex perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Reviews of Absolue Pour Le Soir

harper Show all reviews
strange that it does not mention it as an ingredient, because on me this is mostly a thick, sweet, somewhat smoky labdanum. no rose, no cumin, and nothing animalic. i do like it.
20th November, 2017
This is the top entry on my 'love-but-can't-wear' list. I think it's the screechy benzoin that keep me from being able to have this on my body for any real length of time. The cumin and smokey incense and urinous honey are no problem; strong animalics are my thing, but the intense and DENSE sweetness here just kills it for me. This is thickness to the extreme and it creates a sort of impenetrable wall of scent that makes me feel subsumed beneath or inside it. I have no sense of self left when I wear this, but become part of some all-consuming beehive Borg that controls my every move. And it takes over for simply forever.

Frighteningly beautiful and arcane. Like something ancient priests would wear to ward off bad juju.
06th October, 2017
A very good friend, sent me a sample of this. I noticed a lot of hub-hub over this one. I decided to dig it out to give it a try. Had to see what all the fuss was about.

Animalic, skanky, and for me, alluring. Maybe it is the combination of cumin, incense, and benzoin that some say this perfume smells like urine. I don't get that. I smell something unique in Absolue Pour le Soir. I adore this odd concoction of ylang ylang, sandalwood, cedar, incense, benzoin, rose, spice, and honey. I do get a dirty note only briefly. Like something during the process of tanning animal hides. A better description eludes me.
That tang is swiftly swept aside by a dark sweetness. There is something haunting about this one. Almost alcoholic, kind of musty. There is a scent-memory here. I just don't what it is, yet.

08th August, 2017
As others have said, this fragrance is...challenging. The first blast out of the bottle is spice and dried urine. Not fresh urine, which smells straw-like, but the dried urine found in the crevices around a toilet. I love animalics, but this smell is uber-skanky. I think that it is a combination of the honey (which in a strange way has urine notes), cumin, and benzoin. I can't shake it. Thankfully, within 5 minutes, the urine settles down to a supporting role rather than the solo act. Now Ylang Ylang and sandalwood show up, and the overall fragrance is pleasant and unique.
05th August, 2017
Stardate 20170723:

Indian spice rack with powdery amber background.
I have no idea why this is called animalic. Cumin is not animalic. It is a spice. Stinky perhaps to some. Maybe it is because sweat and BO of cumin eater smells like cumin.
Longevity is nice and there some development. Not something I can see myself wearing and not FBW.
Interesting and therefore neutral
24th July, 2017
cau Show all reviews
It is nice to have the opportunity to wear something I cannot wear to work. Absolue Pour Le Soir is an experience, not a scent. The opening is brutally animalistic; best to enjoy/suffer this stage in private. The heart is a dramatic battle between the pungent cumin and the sweet amber.
I cannot say I like it, nor say I do not. But I cannot be indifferent to it either. Seems my language hasn't the words to adequately describe this experience. That is the beauty of this perfume; it manages to put the wearer right at the juxtaposition of tolerance and annoyance. The experience is not comforting, yet not one to recoil from either. The perfumer has created a fantastic balance.
I have experienced Onda. I have yet to try Muscs Kublai Khan. I can envision owning one or two decants of such perfumes for solitary wear. A few unexpected days a year to look forward to experiencing the extraordinary.
25th February, 2017