Absolue Pour Le Soir (2010)
by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Absolue Pour Le Soir information

Year of Launch2010

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Absolue Pour Le Soir

Absolue Pour Le Soir is a shared / unisex perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Reviews of Absolue Pour Le Soir

...honey, oozing out of the jar, trickling down on warm skin...

This one is so much more than the sum of its parts.

...a thorned rose caressing the skin, does it cause pain or pleasure?...

It creates an illusion, a personal mirage.

...they burn some incense paper, trying to mask the scent of their carnal act. Sweet benzoin, paper, ashes...

Some will find its scent euphoric, others will find it shameful. Both will acknowledge its sensuality. My personal mirage is that of still warm and moist worn panties (sic!). I don’t know how Francis Kurkdjian created that effect, but kudos to him, for it is a very evocative and organic fragrance. It seems to breathe and have its own beating heart.
The illusion of the... dirty laundry... seems to come and go, and relies on specific materials, that cause olfactory fatigue, so I will only get the effect if I have not worn it for a while.

In a house that offers mostly safe and mainstreamish scents, this is truly a standout fragrance and I hope they never discontinue it, as this is some of the highest art in perfumery.

This one is a well of life and warmth, unfiltered and unwashed.
31st January, 2018
harper Show all reviews
strange that it does not mention it as an ingredient, because on me this is mostly a thick, sweet, somewhat smoky labdanum. no rose, no cumin, and nothing animalic. i do like it.
20th November, 2017
This is the top entry on my 'love-but-can't-wear' list. I think it's the screechy benzoin that keep me from being able to have this on my body for any real length of time. The cumin and smokey incense and urinous honey are no problem; strong animalics are my thing, but the intense and DENSE sweetness here just kills it for me. This is thickness to the extreme and it creates a sort of impenetrable wall of scent that makes me feel subsumed beneath or inside it. I have no sense of self left when I wear this, but become part of some all-consuming beehive Borg that controls my every move. And it takes over for simply forever.

Frighteningly beautiful and arcane. Like something ancient priests would wear to ward off bad juju.
06th October, 2017
A very good friend, sent me a sample of this. I noticed a lot of hub-hub over this one. I decided to dig it out to give it a try. Had to see what all the fuss was about.

Animalic, skanky, and for me, alluring. Maybe it is the combination of cumin, incense, and benzoin that some say this perfume smells like urine. I don't get that. I smell something unique in Absolue Pour le Soir. I adore this odd concoction of ylang ylang, sandalwood, cedar, incense, benzoin, rose, spice, and honey. I do get a dirty note only briefly. Like something during the process of tanning animal hides. A better description eludes me.
That tang is swiftly swept aside by a dark sweetness. There is something haunting about this one. Almost alcoholic, kind of musty. There is a scent-memory here. I just don't what it is, yet.

08th August, 2017
As others have said, this fragrance is...challenging. The first blast out of the bottle is spice and dried urine. Not fresh urine, which smells straw-like, but the dried urine found in the crevices around a toilet. I love animalics, but this smell is uber-skanky. I think that it is a combination of the honey (which in a strange way has urine notes), cumin, and benzoin. I can't shake it. Thankfully, within 5 minutes, the urine settles down to a supporting role rather than the solo act. Now Ylang Ylang and sandalwood show up, and the overall fragrance is pleasant and unique.
05th August, 2017
Stardate 20170723:

Indian spice rack with powdery amber background.
I have no idea why this is called animalic. Cumin is not animalic. It is a spice. Stinky perhaps to some. Maybe it is because sweat and BO of cumin eater smells like cumin.
Longevity is nice and there some development. Not something I can see myself wearing and not FBW.
Interesting and therefore neutral