Absolue Pour Le Soir (2010)
by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Absolue Pour Le Soir information

Year of Launch2010

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Absolue Pour Le Soir

Absolue Pour Le Soir is a shared / unisex perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Reviews of Absolue Pour Le Soir

A very good friend, sent me a sample of this. I noticed a lot of hub-hub over this one. I decided to dig it out to give it a try. Had to see what all the fuss was about.

Animalic, skanky, and for me, alluring. Maybe it is the combination of cumin, incense, and benzoin that some say this perfume smells like urine. I don't get that. I smell something unique in Absolue Pour le Soir. I adore this odd concoction of ylang ylang, sandalwood, cedar, incense, benzoin, rose, spice, and honey. I do get a dirty note only briefly. Like something during the process of tanning animal hides. A better description eludes me.
That tang is swiftly swept aside by a dark sweetness. There is something haunting about this one. Almost alcoholic, kind of musty. There is a scent-memory here. I just don't what it is, yet.

08th August, 2017
As others have said, this fragrance is...challenging. The first blast out of the bottle is spice and dried urine. Not fresh urine, which smells straw-like, but the dried urine found in the crevices around a toilet. I love animalics, but this smell is uber-skanky. I think that it is a combination of the honey (which in a strange way has urine notes), cumin, and benzoin. I can't shake it. Thankfully, within 5 minutes, the urine settles down to a supporting role rather than the solo act. Now Ylang Ylang and sandalwood show up, and the overall fragrance is pleasant and unique.
05th August, 2017
Stardate 20170723:

Indian spice rack with powdery amber background.
I have no idea why this is called animalic. Cumin is not animalic. It is a spice. Stinky perhaps to some. Maybe it is because sweat and BO of cumin eater smells like cumin.
Longevity is nice and there some development. Not something I can see myself wearing and not FBW.
Interesting and therefore neutral
24th July, 2017
cau Show all reviews
It is nice to have the opportunity to wear something I cannot wear to work. Absolue Pour Le Soir is an experience, not a scent. The opening is brutally animalistic; best to enjoy/suffer this stage in private. The heart is a dramatic battle between the pungent cumin and the sweet amber.
I cannot say I like it, nor say I do not. But I cannot be indifferent to it either. Seems my language hasn't the words to adequately describe this experience. That is the beauty of this perfume; it manages to put the wearer right at the juxtaposition of tolerance and annoyance. The experience is not comforting, yet not one to recoil from either. The perfumer has created a fantastic balance.
I have experienced Onda. I have yet to try Muscs Kublai Khan. I can envision owning one or two decants of such perfumes for solitary wear. A few unexpected days a year to look forward to experiencing the extraordinary.
25th February, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
Strong is the opening blast: strong in harsh, chemically-skanky-civety animalism, brightened up up by a fairly screechy benzoin. Soon the sweetness of an agreeable honey aroma is mixed in, and it is the combination of the animalistic scratchiness with the gourmand more that creates the tension that provides this composition with its drive and development.

Further down the track an incense tries to develop, but the benzoin rather brutally suffocates it. With time the harshness mellows and the honeyed impression gradually comes to the fore. A couple of hours before the end I am getting mainly honey with the animalistic side having morphed into a nice backdrop to the product of our flying friends.

On my skin the sillage is strong, the projection huge and the longevity a stunning fifteen hours.

This wintery scent is based on the original concept of animalistic vs. sweet and that is executed very well. The major drawback of this loud attention-getter is the overly synthetic nature of its ingredients, which results in a laboratory potpourri of questionable quality. Overall thus an average score. At least there is no lab oud.
21st July, 2016
wonderful animalic with high octane sillage and powerful duration. Honey and benzoin with a powerful animal synth note.
Gained me lots of unexpected compliment.
I can't see women wearing this!
13th July, 2016