Dunhill Custom (2011)

HouseDunhill
Parent CompanyInter Parfums
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About Dunhill Custom

Dunhill Custom is a masculine fragrance by Dunhill. The scent was launched in 2011

Dunhill Custom fragrance notes

Reviews of Dunhill Custom

Dunhill custom is your average run of the mill fresh/spicey/boozy that doesn't do any of the 3 very well. This fragrance smells incomplete and thin. There's just no depth to any of the notes and what you wind up with smells like a watered down clothing line fragrance. This makes for a decent work fragrance if you work in a fragrance free environment.
19th August, 2016
Just about a thumbs up. A sweet woody apple fragrance. Along the lines of Ferrari Black - It's OK
20th June, 2016
Don't hate it, but feel it doesn't bring anything new to the table. It at first made me think it was that Ambre cologne(another meh scent). More huffs made me think it's sweeter. Still, piss poor longevity.
11th July, 2015
My expectations for this scent where really low, as I am not really the biggest fan of Dunhill fragrances except for a couple of them, and the reviews aren’t surely encouraging. Well, on the contrary this fragrance surprised me. It is really decent, almost quite good, and surely one of the best of their range (this including the – for me – unexplicably hyped “vintage” ones, such as Edition). The opening is quite all about apple: and what I really enjoy is the fact that it is not overly fruity or sweet, rather quite sharp, pungent, bitter, dark, whiskey-like. Obviously a bit of fruitiness is there, but it’s really subtle and providing just a hint of restrained “syrupiness” – just like in some spirits. It’s a quite realistic rendition of apple cider more than a fresh slice of apple, and this makes Custom surely closer to boozy fragrances rather than fruity ones. Which is surely a “pro” in my book, as I can’t think of many other fragrances playing the “dark, dry & sophisticated” card using apples. Distinctive and well put.

The magic basically stops there, as apart from that, there’s a really bland and generic woodyamber-pepper base accord which is, I bet, *exactly* the same base they used for Dunhill Fresh. It smells a bit rubbery and artificial, but it works, creating an “office-safe” frame of smooth silky woods and peppery incense. Now add this to the well-executed apple-boozy top note, and you’ll get Custom: a refined, half-distinctive half-generic almost “minimalistic” boozy-woody fragrance in the same league of Gucci pour Homme I, to which is resembles because of the same kind of weightless woody-amber-incense accord. Just with apple, less “pencil sharpener”, (way) less quality, and sort of more juvenile overall. Warm and acceptably classy, with a nice sharp twist. The longevity is not that bad for me, surely a bit close to skin but I get a decent bunch of hours. The only real bad thing is that for me (like pretty much for any other Dunhill scent) Custom clearly lacks in quality: the concept is really nice, but the notes smell a bit flat, unsubstantial and, well, cheap. With some more budget, this could have been one of the best designers of the last decade. As-is, it’s still quite good, just feeling a bit like a “missed chance”.

6,5/10
30th May, 2015
Boozy, warm and sweet that's not overtly so. I get more of a candied or caramelly apple, but not so much of the black pepper (there's a hint of sharpness but just a smidge). A great choice for chill overcast days but works well also in the heat, just tame down on the sprays. Reminds me of Dirty English, which I also love. Classy bottle. Rather hard to come by I believe so I'm glad I added it to my 'drobe.
25th May, 2015
Salutation.

No doubt all brands are respectable for me as my reviews are truly then let me saying in my opinion ALFRED DUNHILL ever been wane in these years.where is a sophisticated warm fragrance like DUNHILL(2003) or where is a great fresh fragrance like DESIRE BLUE?I dont want saying this is a bad smell but i expected something much better than CUSTOM.A generic and repetitive fragrance who it is not suitable for a great brand like DUNHILL.anyway it is intensely masculine.nice but without depth.Pleasant,Masculine, Spicy,Formal and Cute.

It starts off with an initial blast of fresh fruity notes(red apple)which quickly gives way to spicy notes(pepper)and incense notes.this combintion is perfect for formal occasions.the only thing i like about this EDT is balanced notes as well as a subtle smell that does not bore as it has an spicy edge to it.CUSTOM is definitely for AUTUMN/WINTER weather.the bottle looks nice however this bottle and this combination are simulator to a rich and heavy scent.in my opinion if you are looking for a scent like this one AMBRE BALDESSARINI is a better choice.

Sillage?Average.

Longevity?Pretty Good on my skin.

6.5/10
15th May, 2015

Add your review of Dunhill Custom

Shop for Dunhill Custom products online

Shop for Dunhill Custom at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Dunhill Custom

Member images of Dunhill Custom

There are no member images of Dunhill Custom yet. Why not be the first?