Juniper Sling (2011)

PerfumerOlivier Cresp
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Juniper Sling

Juniper Sling is a shared / unisex perfume by Penhaligon's. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Cresp

Juniper Sling fragrance notes

Reviews of Juniper Sling

An very nice juniper opening...that is gone much too quickly. The longevity and sillage has lasted all day on me. It's now 12 + hours since I applied Juniper Sling and I'm still getting both. The problem I've had with this is there's something about it that reminds me of a fragrance my mother wore. I don't know what it was, but there's a powdery nature to Juniper Sling as it's dried down that really reminds me of something she wore. Now, it's kind of bitter sweet, as I don't like the powderiness, but my mom is gone and I miss her, so there's also a nostalgic feeling of missing her as I'm still picking up wiffs of this powdery scent. I'm giving this a thumbs up as it isn't a bad fragrance, it's not exactly what I was hoping for, but I will definitely wear it again.
02nd December, 2016
As my wife and I explored The Art of Shaving store, we couldn't help but give a few of the Penhaligon fragrances a smell; so glad I did!!

So out of the few, Juniper Sling and Opus 1870 were those that really peeked our(my) interest-Juniper Sling is a nice fragrance; fresh, a bit citrusy but with a woody foundation. In the opening there is the Black Pepper and Vetiver that I get followed by the Ambrox that gives this a good fresh blend. Later the Orris Wood comes through along with the Juniper Berry that gives this, what I describe as, an aromatic allure that is really nice.

After spraying some on my wrist I couldn't figure out the familiarity....I sniffed and smelled but still nothing, I couldn't put my finger on it. As the dry down became more prominent, I figured it out---this reminds me of 2 fragrances 1)D&G Light Blue and 2)Versace Man Eau Fraiche.

Don't get me wrong these fragrances have their unique qualities, however, there are some very distinct characteristics that I pickup. Overall, a nice fragrance. I give this a neutral rating because you can acquire Versace Man Eau Fraiche or D&G Light Blue for less and get a similar vibe.
26th November, 2016
numcks Show all reviews
Another Oliver Cresp work that leaves me disappointed. Jungle pour homme by Kenzo is another creation as is Armand Bosi Homme. All share the same thin, pale, construction that leaves you straining to detect anything and wanting more. This is the worst of the three - barely there - homeopathic perfumery. Either Oliver has a bloodhound's sense of smell, or he is too reticent and apologetic. What little I can pick up is generally okay, especially early on when there is some gin-fizziness. A pale touch of anise is also nice, but a boring woody amber base smells generic, not unlike pure iso E (think Escentric Molecules 01). A yawn.
17th January, 2016
The first ten minutes of Juniper Sling are heavenly. Excellent juniper note with a touch of citrus and cinnamon. After the opening it dries down to a barely perceptible candy like amber and was gone within 2 hours. Opening was nice and then it's forgettable.
09th October, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
In the opening I get quite a bit of juniper, with orange and hints of cardamom and cinnamon added. A touch of gentle spiciness in the drydown leads to a rather generic ambery base, the weakest phase in the development of this scent.

Apart from the rather pleasant opening blast there is on my skin a feeling of a certain thinness and mediocrity; it does not convince very much overall. The sillage is moderate and the projection acceptable, with six hours of longevity on me. 2.5/5.
03rd May, 2015
Marais Show all reviews
A limp little woody thing. The juniper is there, but hardly. Very soft projection but good longevity as a skin scent. Although disappointing, it's not worth crying over: Pell Wall's Gin and Lime is a much more convincing and robust recreation of a gin-based cocktail.
02nd January, 2015

Add your review of Juniper Sling

Shop for Juniper Sling products online

Search Amazon for Juniper Sling

Member images of Juniper Sling

There are no member images of Juniper Sling yet. Why not be the first?