Wild Tobacco (2010)

Wild Tobacco is a unisex fragrance by Illuminum. The scent was launched in 2010

Shop for Wild Tobacco products online

$156.42*
    100ml Perfume
    (*converted from GBP 100.00)

Reviews of Wild Tobacco

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 3 Negative Reviews

Jasman's avatar

Pleasantly surprised

Given the three 1-star reviews this fragrance had already received when I got my sample, I was prepared to be disappointed. Perhaps that preparation tempered my expectations enough to allow me to appreciate Wild Tobacco by Illuminum for what it is on my skin.

What it is: A sharp, almost harsh tobacco note opening, reminding me more of a hand-rolled tobacco cigarette - paper and all - than pipe tobacco, with clary sage riding along to lighten the mood. The sage soon recedes, replaced by a hint of labadanum and clove, with the tobacco still presenting prominently. These recede in turn within a few minutes, leaving a curious tea and pencil eraser scent that sits close to the skin with an echo of tobacco, as if a smoker had carelessly dropped his eraser into a cuppa', and you caught a whiff of the mix as he reached past you.

Overall, it strikes me as fairly linear scent with below average projection, but with some potentially interesting character, particularly at the end with the tea-soaked rubber. If you're a Bvlgari fan who wishes they made a more prominent tobacco fragrance, you might check it out.

Pros: sharp opening, never cloying
    Cons: Not especially varied, skin scent

02nd June, 2013

Kaern's avatar

One of the most unpleasant tobacco fragrances I have experienced. It has a cloying tobacco note that lasts a long time, but it is all wrong and smells decidedly cheap.

07th May, 2013

alfarom's avatar

If clary sage, tobacco and cloves make you think about those classic (challenging) powerhouse masculines from the past, get ready for a big disappointment. Wild Tobacco is anything but wild. A slightly honeyed pipe-tobacco note paired with some cloves while labdanum provides some more sweetness. Overall it smells unbalanced and definitely unpleasant. Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille lovers might want to give it a chance though...Not for me, sorry.

10th May, 2012

Notreveh's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Wild Tobacco is a total mess on my skin. This one starts with a pure tobacco note! A clear not burnt tobacco resembling a real pipe aroma. Over time this tobacco mixes with a tea note, maybe a chamomile tea combination that still smelling unpleasant on my skin. Anyway, a must PASS in my opinion. Very disappointed with it.

12th April, 2012