Yuzu Man (2011)

125ml EdT
    125ml EdT
    $49.06*
    75ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 29.33)

Reviews of Yuzu Man

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

foetidus

I was looking forward to this opening because I really enjoy yuzu and I love anything that opens with verbena… so I was sure I was going to love this…

A Touch of yuzu, even less verbena, and a domination of basil is what I got from the opening… basil I got in my kitchen! … So much for my expectations. The opening is nice, especially if you like basil / citrus. It’s not very strong, nor is it very long lasting, and it doesn’t sparkle as a yuzu with verbena accord should.

The fig / fruity / pistachio accord of the heart, doesn’t come across very strongly to me. …Too bad, an accord like that could have been very interesting. As it is, it seems almost dead space to me.

The cedar / spices of the base come through more strongly than the heart, but the base accord is a bit less inspired. I like the fact that the base doesn’t list any sweet notes, and I don’t really smell any sweet notes, either. This makes the base rather unusual because the usual vanilla, musk, amber, or tonka are not there. I enjoy the base, even though it is a bit too reticent. Weak projector and below average longevity.

24 March, 2014

chorando's avatar
    chorando

What a shame. Yuzu man has potential and the hesperidic fig note is a lovely one but the longevity and projection are so poor. When compared to the other offerings in Carons roster of mens fragrances Yuzu Man is left wanting. I feel a litte miffed because I had expectations and they've just not been met. I refused to accept that Caron could come up with a dud believing all those naysayers were missing the point, but I have to concur this is a below par offering. With a little tweaking this could have been a lovely offering and though the likes of Philosykos don't fit Carons profile Fraysse could have taken a page from the diptyque book and produced a stunning Mens cologne to sit proudly next to pour un homme. Citrus, fig and woods, a great trio to explore but as it is Yuzu Man is a bit of a crappy haiku.

23 December, 2012

the reaper's avatar
    the reaper
    Venezuela Venezuela

Clean and barbery in a more contemporary way. Not outstanding.

31st October, 2012

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

I'd agree that this is nothing exceptional. Nonetheless, a nice Yuzu impression. With a woody drydown. Like all citrus-relayed scents on my skin, is is ephemeral and lasts maybe a couple of hours at best. The limited projection makes it a standard warm weather scent.

11th September, 2012

sin_is_in's avatar
    sin_is_in
    Germany Germany

I think this is an easy to wear scent for the office BUT I expected so much more from this. The way the notes are treated seems kind if "dated" to me. Instead of really being fresh the overall impression is tamed sweet softness paired with aquatic notes that are anything but interesting. That is to say that I would buy it if it was cheap and wear it casually however it would never get past the role of a gap-filler. Disappointed.

09 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 31st May, 2012)

Persolaise's avatar
    Persolaise

Yuzu takes its inspiration from the East Asian (predominantly Japanese) fruit of the same name, and as you'd expect, it is a refreshing cocktail of citrus notes. Sadly, it's also quite unremarkable, combining all the usual cliches of barbershop cleanliness (soapy notes, synthetic musks etc) with a pink, syrupy pomegranate note and a watery lychee accord. It's predictable, it lacks depth and it is quite unworthy of the house that has given us three distinctive, original scents for men: Pour Un Homme, Yatagan and Le 3e Homme.

10th November, 2011