Les Nombres d'Or : Vanille (2011)
by Mona di Orio

Les Nombres d'Or : Vanille information

Year of Launch2011

HouseMona di Orio
PerfumerMona di Orio

About Les Nombres d'Or : Vanille

Les Nombres d'Or : Vanille is a shared / unisex perfume by Mona di Orio. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mona di Orio

Les Nombres d'Or : Vanille fragrance notes

Reviews of Les Nombres d'Or : Vanille

I was very impatient to smell this one. May be I was expecting too much. That's a very masculine take on vanilla, may be too masculine for me. I appreciate the work, I know it's well done. But I hate the opening. It nearly made me sick. Then, the smoky notes really irritated me. I loved the "cardamom-type" spice I got then, but I wanted to remove the smoke. The dry down was more tolerable, and the vanilla gorgeous, but less original.
13th April, 2017
An interesting opening for Vanille by Mona di Orio. There's a definite citrus tartness upon spraying this that reminded me just a tiny bit of Sunshine Man by Amouage. I say just a "tiny bit" because Sunshine Man has not only citrus, but vegetal brashness about it. Vanille by Mona di Orio has nothing brash about it. It is as smooth as butter, but with a hint of citrus in the opening. I also picked up some woodiness that developed right after application, and a muted spicy aspect as well. The buttery vibe is probably my favorite note and I'm assuming after reading the note list that it comes from the rum absolute along with the sandalwood, which always strikes me as having a smoothness about it that I feel adds to the rounded, smooth character of this fragrance. This is an enjoyable wear and I'm looking forward to applying in a higher concentration to see if it projects any better. My one negative comment, and it's not really a completely negative comment, but it would be that I'd like better projection from this fragrance. It wears very close to the skin on me, and I'd prefer to pick up more of it coming off my skin. Other than that, I've really enjoyed this fragrance today.
11th February, 2017
A grand floriental, dreamy and lush, is the opening impression of this perfume. A gorgeously nectary ylang (similar to the starring note in Perris’s soliflore) holds the centre ground, ringed with gourmand accents of booze and orange, deepened by heavier notes of clove and smoky guaiac, all soaking though into a woody base which has a creamy sandalwood as its quality turn. A seamless composition, blending bracing, fresh notes with richer, dirtier ones in the manner of classic perfumery. The orange and petitgrain (with its suggestion of citrus leaf) accord is a particular point of interest, always just there, lifting the congregation of other notes with its brightness. It hangs on for a good three or four hours, after which the perfume grows mellower and just a shade sweeter.
And as for the vanilla? Well, as an eager cook I’ve smelled plenty of freshly split pods and, despite what the PR may assert, they ain’t to be found here. What one does get is an abiding vanilla base note that is fine in the mix but hardly the star. The only reason why this may matter is due to the name of this perfume; disregard it and enjoy its many pleasures instead.
24th October, 2016
This has vanilla, tonka, and amber without being too sweet, with just a touch of typical tonka powderiness, and equal time for some boozy, woody aspects that give it character. There's a savory aspect in the opening I liked, and I also get an impression of cola that works well.
13th October, 2016
Textured as Silk.
Breath of Angels hits Skin.
Cream across the Pallette.
Music,Carthasis of Orgasm.
Heaven.

Top Shelf This.
19th May, 2016
This is a dry, not sweet, woody vanilla with a touch of incense. Petitgrain serves to cut through any sweetness that there might have been, & lends a delicate citrus-floral edge to the opening. As it develops, a leathery undertone becomes apparent, along with rum & clove notes, & the guiac wood rapidly becomes more pronounced, smoky & dark. One hour in, the vanilla fades slightly, blending into a backdrop of smoky, woody, salty, soft leather; thankfully not the barbecued, meaty leather found in Di Orio's Cuir. The projection is good until around five hours in, but the scent lasts a decent twelve hours before fading out altogether.
There are parts of this fragrance that remind me by turns of both Memoirs of a Trespasser; another boozy, woody vanilla, & the smoky-sweet drydown of Habanita. As stated elsewhere, this is not really a vanilla fragrance in the classical sense. There is a lot more going on here than gourmand sweetness, & it is very nice indeed, but if I were to add another vanilla to my collection, it would probably be Memoirs...
28th January, 2016