Prada Candy (2011)

HousePrada
PerfumerDaniela Andrier
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Prada Candy

Prada Candy is a feminine perfume by Prada. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Daniela Andrier

Prada Candy fragrance notes

Reviews of Prada Candy

When I first sprayed it on the paper, it smelt litterally nothing at all. Then I tried on my skin, same effect, nothing. I walked out of store disappointed and sniffed the wrist on my way home, that's when the yummy caramel starts show its charm.

It's creamy, smells almost pure caramel, slightly salty and sour to balance the sweetness. It's straight and doesn't evolve much, not sophiscated that's sure, but very efficient. It's a cheerful scent for autumn and winter. It lasts 8h+ on me and the sillage is not bad. If you're a fan for caramel, you really should give it a try, and be a little bit patient to well savour it.

I thought the bottle was tacky and the campaign looked silly. But after testing the perfume my mind changed completely. It's such a playful illustration for the perfume.

Originally written in 2013
18th December, 2017
As a girl who is quite obsessed with sugary sweets and products that show off my femininity, I knew I had to try Prada Candy. The name and the packaging seemed right up my alley, so I decided to give it a go.

I used the little rollerball sample you can find at the department store and walked around for a bit, letting it settle in. The scent is exactly how you'd think a perfume called Candy should smell like: cotton-candy/caramel-y/sugary sweetness. It's not sickeningly sweet or cloying in the least. Combined with a little bit of musk, it gives it a nice note of warmth to balance it out.

As much as I'm in love with this product, it simply doesn't have impressive longevity. Once I roll it on, in multiple pulse points I might add, it only stays for a couple of hours. However, I recently bought a full-sized bottle, and though I doubt it'll make much of a difference, I'll see how it does when it is distributed in spray form, on my skin and on my clothes. With just the rollerball, I find myself having to reapply often.

However, considering this is one of the few perfumes that I truly love (a lot of perfumes are much too heavily scented for me and make me feel nauseous), the light, sugary scent of this is worth it. If you don't mind the hassle of reapplying, this really is a perfume worth looking into.
15th July, 2017
As a guy, I was curious to check this one out, being a fan of several of the men's scents from Prada.

The opening showed promise, with the characteristic camphor-like benzoin note and interesting caramel rich and sweet note. It smelled like a decent, balanced oriental lady perfume that I'd not recoil from. But...

The musk in the drydown has the smell of, well, slight lady's body odor. It didn't come across as pleasant, but more so animalic in a somewhat undignified, unwashed way. Too bad: At least from my pov, the musk could have been dialed back more, and the other elements could have stood out better.

Granted, my experience is purely from a male perception, coming from a sample vial sprayed on my hand. Take it for what it's worth.
20th April, 2017
Prada Candy is a lighthearted, stupid/clever tribute to benzoin that's exactly calibrated to the point of of maximum resinousness. Sure, it's sweet, but it's not any sweeter than, say, Shalimar, or most Guerlains, to be honest. It's not the least bit edgy, but its emphasis on one of the geekiest notes in perfumery is borderline subversive. There's no fake strawberry or confected "patchouli," and the alleged caramel notes don't smell gooey. And there's no distracting vanilla. Do the little girls that buy this know (or care)? Even the citrus/floral combo at Candy's opening is restrained; it feels, almost, kind of, elegant. It gives the early stages of the perfume a nice lift before it integrates quite gracefully into the composition, so that (despite its name) Candy smells like perfume and never turns too foody.

This stuff has a way of melting into skin and then just sort of emanating a kind of gentle softness, almost like the texture of a musk--you smell sweet, resinous skin rather than sweet, resinous aromachemicals. Sillage is discreet, which is right where it should be; this stuff could get painful at higher volumes (benzoin-triggered headaches are the *worst*--for me, they always involve nausea). And this stuff lasts, and lasts, and lasts; I have no idea what some other reviewers are talking about when they complain about its disappearing from skin. It has be olfactory fatigue, because I can still smell it at eight-plus hours.

My only complaint about Candy is a slightly plastic musk that occasionally pokes through in the middle stages of wear. But that bit of weirdness comes and goes, and eventually resolves in a drydown that restates the original resinous theme, garnished with a touch of something powdery that almost feels like iris. Here as elsewhere (i.e., Infusion d'Iris and its cogeners), Prada's house perfumer Daniela Andrier demonstrates her facility with popular-but-interesting, fun-but-tasteful perfumes that any woman could wear pretty much anywhere and smell good without scaring the horses.

So, overall, Candy came as a pleasant surprise. It's not complicated, but there's more to it than meets the eye, or the nose--whatever. It reminds me of Marilyn Monroe (with those ridiculous glasses) in How to Marry a Millionaire--all wide eyes, blonde curls, bodacious curves, and wicked timing--with her quirky intelligence simmering under the ditzy surface.

And I think the enameled bottle is kind of cute.
04th March, 2017
It's a simply sweet, candy-like scent, but it's a sweetness that makes me smile and doesn't make me throw up. I find it tolerable on the sweetness scale. Very nice.
15th January, 2017
Is it me or are most of todays mainstream releases intentionally concocted to wear exclusively close to the skin, with little to no sillage?

Prada Candy is a frustrating example, a luscious gourmand interwoven with an intriguing smoky note that at times smells like burnt sugar and at others like stale cigarette ashes. Its a wonderful, extremely clever scent, and one that Id love to wear more often. But the only way I can enjoy is to continually huff at my wrist. Which just looks silly in public.
09th December, 2016

Add your review of Prada Candy

Shop for Prada Candy products online

Prada Candy Gloss 2.7oz brand new EDT

End Date: Tuesday Nov-20-2018 6:01:26 PST
Buy It Now for only: $53.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Prada Candy Kiss 2.7oz Women's Eau de Parfum spray New & fresh.

End Date: Tuesday Nov-20-2018 6:02:11 PST

FULL Prada Candy Florale by Prada 2.7 oz EDT spray for Women READ

End Date: Tuesday Nov-20-2018 8:00:42 PST
Buy It Now for only: $40.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

PRADA CANDY Eau de Parfum! Mini Travel Size 0.24 fl oz 🌹NEW IN BOX!

$10.00 (3 Bids)

Prada Candy Kiss Women's Eau De Parfum & Lotion 3pc Gift Set New in Box

End Date: Tuesday Nov-20-2018 8:38:39 PST
Buy It Now for only: $106.29
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Prada Candy Eau De Parfum Spray for Women 2.7fl oz 80mL New In Box Free Shipping

End Date: Tuesday Nov-20-2018 8:43:25 PST
Buy It Now for only: $75.00

PRADA CANDY Eau De Parfum Spray For Women 30ml 1 Fl Oz New Factory Sealed

End Date: Tuesday Nov-20-2018 9:04:30 PST
Buy It Now for only: $55.00

Member images of Prada Candy

There are no member images of Prada Candy yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Prada Candy