Shalimar Parfum Initial (2011)
by Guerlain

Shalimar Parfum Initial information

Year of Launch2011

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Shalimar Parfum Initial

Shalimar Parfum Initial is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Shalimar Parfum Initial fragrance notes

Reviews of Shalimar Parfum Initial

Kotori Show all reviews
Whoah! Aldehydes! Those are new for Shalimar. It takes me a minute or two to be able to recognize any Shalimar here. At first it's a sharp-sweet aldehydic floral and while I know there is likely bergamot, it's hard to detect. After a bit that tonka/leather/vanilla thing that is Shalimar's base arrives, and I can make the flanker connection. The citrus is brighter-- more like a tangerine note than the lemon/bergamot for which Shalimar is famous. The citrus I can detect is more reminiscent of the bright, aldehydic citrus in No. 5 L'Eau. Later, a heavy dose of white musk announces its presence loudly. Finally, a patchouli note sashays in and steals the spotlight.

This is a far less citric and astringent Shalimar, with the tonka and white noise turned up and the smoke, citrus, and rich vanilla turned down. It's not as dark, bright, or sweaty as Shalimar. I like this better than Shalimar Soufflé; it's not as thin. It's fine-tuned to attract the gourmand-loving 20- and 30-somethings to whom things like Black Opium were directed. It's lovely, and I think I'd like it a lot if I weren't expecting it to be Shalimar.
19th October, 2017
This fragrance is just like a beautiful harmony on notes in the bottle. very elegant and charming combination of notes.
This fragrance opens up with a slightly sweet and very delicious caramel note followed by fresh, sweet and juicy citruses and soft but at the same time pungent earthy aroma of patchouli.
As we all expect citruses (mostly orange) give the start a fresh zesty feeling, but not like summery fragrances because it's followed by semi sweet caramel and earthy, peppery and a little damp note of patchouli. also scent has a faint powdery feeling but completely in the background.

As time goes by, in the mid citruses are gone and now I can smell more patchouli with peppery and kind of bitter woody/soft smoky aura plus mellow caramel and vanilla combo and some powdery feeling. it's less sweet than the opening and also more mature and more woody.
In the base scent changes a little bit. in the base I'm getting that slightly sweet caramel and vanilla notes, mellow powdery iris and bitter woody/peppery aroma of patchouli but now less bitter and woody. patchouli in this stage is damp and earthy just like the start. also scent has a very mellow soapy aroma and only in the base that stays in the background all the times but it's not that hard to spot.
Projection is very good and longevity is around 8 hours on my skin. I think except summer you can wear this all year round and mostly formal, not casual!

P.S: Iris plays a smooth role in this fragrance and has a mellow powdery feeling. similar with DH and DHI?! I don't think so.
29th March, 2016
Shalimar with all the good bits taken out, leaving nothing but overly-sweet fluff. OK for bed, but if I wore it out of the house would feel totally uncomfortable, like a grown woman wearing a puff-sleeve pink party frock and sucking a lollipop.
03rd December, 2015 (last edited: 10th December, 2015)
Salutation.
You made up your hair,drees up and walking with style and grace but something is missing.it is not until you buy your first bottle of SHALIMAR PARFUM INITIAL. This is a great sensual fragrance and you always get compliment when you wear this.Modern with a hint of sophistication and sex appeal that lasts for a a long time. Rich,Seductive,Powdery,Carnal,Exciting, Adorable, Gorgeous and Impressive.

This perfume blends bergamot with orange in a sheer floral exquisite where feminine bouquets of iris,jasmine and rose make way for a base rife with vanilla,musk and caramel for a sexy and passionate effect.the dry down is interestingly delicious yes sensual.this scent makes woman feel passion,a woman who she is not afraid of her sensuality.

It is perfect for a romantic night be sure to spray this perfume around the room and especially on the bed sheets for an unforgettble night.It is suitable for Autumn and Winter.ladies if you want gorgeous smelling perfume that will make the men drop at you feet SHALIMAR PARFUM INITIAL could quite possibly be the one for you.what more can i say?let your inner self out,let others envy you!watch your world unfold!

Sillage?Great.

Longevity?pretty good on my skin.

7.5/10
13th June, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
Citrus with a fruity-floral drydown - some rose and jasmine - with a vanilla-musk base. Dull.

On my skin it is quite nondescript, with poor sillage, limited projection and three hours of longevity. 1.5/5.
01st June, 2015
With this one, I did 180 after I thought I finally found a wearable/current Shalima. How wrong I was..even though I tested twice before I bought a bottle.
It starts to smell fruity and fizzy with Shalima undertone. It is never dark or mysterious like Shalima. Its smell reminds me of lemon meringue. It has this fruity sweet gourmand going on which eventually became very off-putting for me. I think I am voracious in terms of scents spectrum, enjoying happily from Aramis to Pink sugar. Less and less often, I get to use Shalima initial. Every time I spray, I found myself not enjoying it, more like enduring its presence.
02nd April, 2015