I Love NY for All (2011)

• Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

I Love NY for All Fragrance Notes

Reviews of I Love NY for All

Showing 1 to 6 of 19 reviews.

cologneblog's avatar
    cologneblog

a little too sweet for my taste, doesn't quite work on my skin as a man however I'm sure that some will appreciate this fragrance given bonds reputation.

27 February, 2014

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Misleading new "I love NY" line release by Bond NO. 9, an incredibly powerful "prickly spices/cocoa/balsams/coffee/woods/leather" gourmandish combo finally resulting effectively almost nutty/"popcornish", tobacco flavoured, "ultra-sweet" and decidedly carnal (almost gasseous I have to say). If you are in to gourmand/spicy/nutty philosophy this bombastic concoction can be your holy grail but your stomach must be tremendously stout to tollerate this atomic bomb. The beginning (the part I prefer, the only one bearable) is almost luxurious and glamour with its bergamot/cardamom/patchouli/floral notes (woods/tonka veined) refined accord so sexy and "top party" type. I detect leathery, woody and ambery (ambergris may be) veins by now yet. In this phase the bergamot/prickly-spices/tobacco/leather accord is dominant, it is veined by sweet spices, herbal patterns, may be ambergris and woods, the nutty/yummy finally dominant elements are still "semi-buried" and the aroma is sparkling and velvety (vaguely a la Ambre Noir Yves Rocher, Police Dark or IL Lancetti in their olfactory introductions). Unfortunately in a few time a powerful gourmand cocoa/coffee/chestnut/vanilla (Aquolina type of) accord encompasses all the elements, tames the spiciness, enhances a sort of more linear sweetness and mitigates the sparkling glamour appeal. In this final phase of the development the real nutty I Love NY for All's nature turns powerfully out and you can finally detect the landmark sweet popcorn (toasted and caramelized hazelnut grain) vibe. From now on the aroma is far less interesting and somewhat hyper nutty/sweet and penetrating, even if I have to say that a stout leathery/woody undertone (together with herbal, floral and cosmetical type of elements) still fights courageously against the obscure legions of the sweet yummy/nutty patterns. Just bearable by the goumands hardcore lovers in my opinion. Excellent longevity and sillage.

24 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 25 February, 2014)

TLS's avatar
    TLS
    Belgium Belgium

The list of notes and the description of the frag made want this so bad. Unfortunately the very synthetic milky and creamy note is unbearable and makes me nauseus. Disgusting.

24 March, 2013

Indagnacious's avatar
    Indagnacious

The first two wearings, I wasn't sure I even liked this. There was something almost sour, like others may have mentioned. Indeed they may have been trying for that milk note on purpose, like the milk or cream added to coffee or a frothy cappuccino? Whatever it was, it wasn't necessarily off-putting, just a bit strange. But I like strange, and although Bond may have put out quite a few duds in their incessant line of offerings, I don't feel for one minute this is one of them. Should you have some reservations the first few times, hold off on judgement, as it may certainly come around for you. It did for me, and now I absolutely cannot get enough. I adore this fragrance! Longevity and sillage are way high on the meter. Some fragrances just take a little time to get accustomed to, and the ones you may not like so much in the beginning, well they actually turn out to be diamonds in the rough. I love New York City and I definitely love NY for All.

23 February, 2013

phi's avatar
    phi
    New Zealand New Zealand

Nobody does gourmands like Bond and this is another winner. There seems to be a lot of ambiguity as to what this actually smells like. While I feel hazelnutty/milky/chocolately is on the right track to my nose this smells exactly like Amul Kool Kesar I had when I went to India. Look it up.

15 February, 2013

Manderava's avatar
    Manderava

The most superb gourmand. Love at first smell. It's rich, it's deep, it's a little bit sweet but deep and rich enough with hazelnut and popcorn that it isn't a sweet syrup. Just delicious!

16 December, 2012