I Love NY for All (2011)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 49 ratings

I Love NY for All Fragrance Notes

I Love NY for All information

I Love NY for All is a unisex fragrance by Bond No. 9. The scent was launched in 2011

Reviews of I Love NY for All

Showing 1 to 6 of 20 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

The opening reminded me of Angel, a cloying tonka/cardamom note with cocoa, nutmeg, almonds, some light flowers to provide lightness and "colour", and a woody-resinous base (sandalwood?). So basically a sort of masculine woody-musky gourmand, with a prominent, persistent and incredibly sickening central "roasted" note which smells of burnt cakes and roasted caramel, on a more decent (but lighter) base of vanillin surrounded by notes of leather and coffee. The drydown is nicer a silky vanillin-woody accord but really not worth the plague of all that comes before.

4,5-5/10

01st July, 2014

cologneblog's avatar

a little too sweet for my taste, doesn't quite work on my skin as a man however I'm sure that some will appreciate this fragrance given bonds reputation.

27 February, 2014

Darvant's avatar

Misleading new "I love NY" line release by Bond NO. 9, an incredibly powerful "prickly spices/cocoa/balsams/coffee/woods/leather" gourmandish combo finally resulting effectively almost nutty/"popcornish", tobacco flavoured, "ultra-sweet" and decidedly carnal (almost gasseous I have to say). If you are in to gourmand/spicy/nutty philosophy this bombastic concoction can be your holy grail but your stomach must be tremendously stout to tollerate this atomic bomb. The beginning (the part I prefer, the only one bearable) is almost luxurious and glamour with its bergamot/cardamom/patchouli/floral notes (woods/tonka veined) refined accord so sexy and "top party" type. I detect leathery, woody and ambery (ambergris may be) veins by now yet. In this phase the bergamot/prickly-spices/tobacco/leather accord is dominant, it is veined by sweet spices, herbal patterns, may be ambergris and woods, the nutty/yummy finally dominant elements are still "semi-buried" and the aroma is sparkling and velvety (vaguely a la Ambre Noir Yves Rocher, Police Dark or IL Lancetti in their olfactory introductions). Unfortunately in a few time a powerful gourmand cocoa/coffee/chestnut/vanilla (Aquolina type of) accord encompasses all the elements, tames the spiciness, enhances a sort of more linear sweetness and mitigates the sparkling glamour appeal. In this final phase of the development the real nutty I Love NY for All's nature turns powerfully out and you can finally detect the landmark sweet popcorn (toasted and caramelized hazelnut grain) vibe. From now on the aroma is far less interesting and somewhat hyper nutty/sweet and penetrating, even if I have to say that a stout leathery/woody undertone (together with herbal, floral and cosmetical type of elements) still fights courageously against the obscure legions of the sweet yummy/nutty patterns. Just bearable by the goumands hardcore lovers in my opinion. Excellent longevity and sillage.

24 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 25 February, 2014)

TLS's avatar

The list of notes and the description of the frag made want this so bad. Unfortunately the very synthetic milky and creamy note is unbearable and makes me nauseus. Disgusting.

24 March, 2013

Indagnacious's avatar

The first two wearings, I wasn't sure I even liked this. There was something almost sour, like others may have mentioned. Indeed they may have been trying for that milk note on purpose, like the milk or cream added to coffee or a frothy cappuccino? Whatever it was, it wasn't necessarily off-putting, just a bit strange. But I like strange, and although Bond may have put out quite a few duds in their incessant line of offerings, I don't feel for one minute this is one of them. Should you have some reservations the first few times, hold off on judgement, as it may certainly come around for you. It did for me, and now I absolutely cannot get enough. I adore this fragrance! Longevity and sillage are way high on the meter. Some fragrances just take a little time to get accustomed to, and the ones you may not like so much in the beginning, well they actually turn out to be diamonds in the rough. I love New York City and I definitely love NY for All.

23 February, 2013

phi's avatar

New Zealand New Zealand

Nobody does gourmands like Bond and this is another winner. There seems to be a lot of ambiguity as to what this actually smells like. While I feel hazelnutty/milky/chocolately is on the right track to my nose this smells exactly like Amul Kool Kesar I had when I went to India. Look it up.

15 February, 2013

• Time Left: 14 days
    Bond No. 9 I Love Ny For All by Bond No. 9 Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
    • Time Left: 25 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    I Love New York Perfume for All Bond No. 9 Unisex 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray NEW
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 14 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Bond No.9 I Love New York for all' Eau De Perfum Spray 3.3oz/100ml Tester In Box
    • Time Left: 16 days