Kokorico (2011)

PerfumerOlivier Cresp
PerfumerAnnick Menardo
Parent Company at launchShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About Kokorico

Kokorico is a masculine fragrance by Jean Paul Gaultier. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Annick Menardo and Olivier Cresp

Kokorico fragrance notes

Reviews of Kokorico

This is a fine offering from Jean Paul Gaultier. I am of the opinion that JPG tend to make rather high quality fragrances and this is no exception. It just smells like time, effort and good quality ingredients went into it. I get a lot of cocoa bean with patchouli underneath. To me this has similarities with Zino Davidoff but with a darker tone and perhaps not quite as sweet. This gets better every time I smell it and I feel it may have been overlooked due to the popularity drawback of Le Male and the fact that it makes no apologies for what it is: deep, dark and gourmandish. The bottle is typically unique. Kokorico is high quality for low cost and I highly recommend giving it a try.
02nd March, 2016
Roby Show all reviews
The shiny black bottle is the perfect colour for this juice - this is a very dark yet magnetic and warm fragrance.

The ingredients are clearly of very high quality - it's quite similar in dry down to CK One Shock but much, much better and not as synthetic. An absolute bargain for the £20 or so you will pay for a 100ml bottle in 2015 from the online retailers.

I don't think it's suitable for everyday use as its fairly flamboyant and would perhaps come off as if you were trying too hard if you wore this in the office every day. For a romantic date it would be perfect though and I'd say it's suitable for a guy in his 20s right up to 60s but possibly 30s is its best audience.

On a side note, the quality of the woods in this is the best I've smelled in a fragrance since the awesome Gucci Pour Homme so that tells you how good this stuff is.
25th December, 2015
Salutation.

Yes,it is controversial like most of JPG fragrances but let me give you a positive take on KOKORICO,this is a special and strange scent.everyone who has smelled it has an opinion some love it,some hate it. personally i fall into the "LOVE it" camp when it comes to KOKORICO.It is not for all tastes,but those who dare will find this is a very sexy and sensual concoction!It is moderately strong,sweet but in a subtle way.the bottle is a work of art and so dramatic on dresser. in other words: Carnal,Warm, Irresistible,Earthy,Interesting and Cuddly.

The scent opens up when the fig leaf begins to fresh on the skin but fades quickly on a more sweet middle notes of patchouli and above all cacao.In the end these notes harmonize with the warmth of vetiver and cedar.totally the cacao is dominant to my nose.It last for hours and attracts the right amount of attention from the opposite sex.wearing this scent instantly transforms you into a cute man that a sensual woman wants to wrap her armes around if you are a shy because KOKORICO is a aphrodisiac!totally an evening scent.nothing masterpiece like LE MALE or FLEUR DU MALE but relly darling for me.

Sillage?Average.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

6.75/10
23rd April, 2015
Potent, but too much like Visit (Azzaro) for me. Would have liked a more pronounced patchouli note in the dry down.
20th April, 2015
Recently Kokorico has been flooding websites for low prices, so I figured, why not.. 22 bucks shipped for a 1.6 oz isn't much to lose.

Upon initial spray, I get a wonderful blend of dry cocoa, patchouli, and almost like a dried fruit, or raisin type smell. The cocoa opening here is much better than LIDG, or LIDGE, because there's more cocoa and less patchouli. Unfortunately, it quickly blends with nothing but a ton of cedarwood. The cedar is extremely sharp, actually quite unpleasant. After about 30 minutes though, it settles into a smoother, lighter, but still somewhat sharp cedar dominated dry down, with just a little bit of vetiver.

The bottle is really unique, being the profile of a man's face, it's sleek and looks nice in the collection. Sprayer works very well too. Longevity on me is pretty good, about 6-8 hours, sometimes up to 10. Projection is on the low/average side.

Sadly, I don't get any fig that I was really looking forward to here. To me, this smells like a flanker to LIDG really. Both cocoa and patchouli are the big notes in all of these. Not so sure I really like the combination with the cedar base in Kokorico, but I think it may grow on me. As it stands now, this is just a so&so fragrance, with a neutral rating.
19th May, 2014 (last edited: 14th June, 2014)
Dare to be Different... This juice is good...

There has been some negative chatter regarding Jean Paul Gaultier's, Kokorico. It is certainly different, but a good different that deserves an opportunity. Today was my first opportunity to try this fragrance - while not my typical fragrance (I am drawn more to the aquatic and citrus blends), I find it appealing and sufficiently unique to portray a message, "it is good to be different"...

Out of the bottle, I get the burst of cacao notes that settles into a pleasant blend of patchouli, vetiver, and "woodsy" notes. It leaves curiosity, "gee, what is that smell?" to the user and those who "float across the wake" of Kokorico. Additionally, I would make a pitch that Kokorico would be an acceptable feminine fragrance - almost Thierry Mugler Angle like...

With my body chemistry, Kokorico offers moderate longevity and moderate, borderline weak, projection/sillage. As previously noted, today is my first real experience with Kokorico. That said, there is no "Wow Factor" to note, but the juice has the potential of getting that special attention, "you smell great, what is that fragrance you are wearing?". Given the uniqueness of the fragrance, the versatility may be limited - I would suggest Fall and Winter as opportune times, and perhaps evening wear.

The bottle is truly a piece of art - one of the "coolest" in my collection of nearly 500 (and growing). The packaging is also first class - job well done Jean Paul Gaultier. The true beauty of Kokorico is the price/value. A quick check on-line shows that large bottles are selling for under $30 USD - a "steal of a deal"..

The uniqueness of the fragrance, design of the bottle, and coupled with outstanding deal, Kokorico deserves a shot. The bigger message - it is OK to be different - it is what makes the "world go around". If the longevity and projection/sillage were greater, this would be a first class fragrance. All things considered, I still highly recommend adding to your collection.

Total evaluation of Kokorico is 4 stars out of 5 stars.

Daily I.M - "Try something new, you may like it..."
04th April, 2014

Add your review of Kokorico

Shop for Kokorico products online

Shop for Kokorico at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Kokorico

Member images of Kokorico

There are no member images of Kokorico yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Kokorico