Elie Saab Le Parfum (2011)
by Elie Saab

Elie Saab Le Parfum information

Year of Launch2011

HouseElie Saab
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian
PackagingSylvie de France
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About Elie Saab Le Parfum

Elie Saab Le Parfum is a feminine perfume by Elie Saab. The scent was launched in 2011 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France

Elie Saab Le Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Elie Saab Le Parfum

I tried this a few years ago and passed on it - it was too pretty, too floral, and never hit below the belt, with little desire to present anything other than a pleasing persona to the world.

But trying it now, I admit to myself it really is a glorious orange blossom-centric honeyed radiance that speaks of summer, with a lack of aldehydes and hairspray. Itís all well-done, cohesive, sweet-tempered. Itís charming and in my perfume world, a people pleaser.

I canít fault it for more than being constructed to stay in a pretty box, not straying any direction other than eternal smiling summer. I feel curmudgeonly to say itís not a real summer, with grass, dirt, water, mosquitoes and slouching about, but the eternal summer garden party. Because there are plenty of abstract floral I donít have this quibble about, but like babsbendix said it has a WASPish ethos to it. Thereís no dark bits to intrigue me, itís always well-put together and has immaculate hair, but as long as thatís understood, Elie Saab is lovely and always appropriate.

My dilemma is how to rate ones like this, considering I get a little Jekyll/Hyde about it. It has a classic, well-made feel and seems it will be perennially popular, even though the ethos may be a little dated. It will be entirely serviceable when I have need of it. But itís never one Iíll hang out and share my secrets with. Still, thumbs up.
30th September, 2019
It opens with a lovely orange blossom then comes the jasmin mixed with other notes which reminds me of Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue. I now understand that's the jasmin mixed with sweet notes as honey or vanilla and amber in the case of AEA that made me feel weird. In Elie Saab this scent is less aggressive. The patchouli and the cedar support the jasmin like leaves for flowers. It's elegant and feminine. The longevity is 8h+ and the sillage is moderate. Though not my cup of tea, it sure has its value.

Originally written in 2013.
19th December, 2017
Ooooof. So lovely in all aspects, including that exquisite honey note. I wanted to love this, but I cannot, for unfortunate cultural reasons. We had an insect spray here in the States, ubiquitous in the 1970s and 1980s, heavily overused in my childhood in the palmetto bug-infested American South. Elie Saab smells like it. Most disturbing.
03rd July, 2016
Bright, pretty floral. I feel like there's a tiny citrus note that keeps it fresh instead of being too one-note on me. It's one of my go-to fragrances for the work week. Where I live it gets to be over 100 degrees for more parts of the year than I care for. This is a fragrance that I can wear when the weather's that unforgiving without worrying that my scent is going to evolve into something that smells too strong and offensive. And yes, this sounds like a silly little superficial comment -- but the bottle sure looks pretty on my dressing table!
14th November, 2015
When I first smelled Le Parfum, I said to myself, "Oh! It's the 21st Century Bijan!" And it kind of is! Better quality and much more polished, but you have your orange blossom and honey, and some added raspy texture - patch in this case, and cumin in the Bijan. Lately I'm enjoying how Le Parfum explodes in warm weather, and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point I end up totally hating it.

I just read some of Turin's comments about it, and he used the word "dowdy". If I hadn't known what I was smelling, I'd have guessed it was another Lauder Modern Muse flanker, which to me equates somewhat to "dowdy". I appreciate the quality of Lauder frags, and I even wore Modern Muse Chic for a little while (which smells like a more complicated version of Elie Saab Le Parfum, actually.) Yet the Lauder WASPiness somehow gets into the fragrances - I'm not responding to their marketing - and I find them as friendly and welcoming as sitting through a Daughters of the American Revolution luncheon with my black clothing and nose ring.

What IS that? Musty, weird Vol de Nuit SHOULD smell the definition of dowdy, yet I think of her as an enigmatic and magical woman, who just happens to be old now. I must agree with ClaireV's Poe quote, then - strangeness in the proportion is required for exquisite beauty. Le Parfum is good, and it's pretty, and we're friends, but I can only share so much with her, because she'd find me terribly inappropriate.
18th October, 2015
Salutation.

Close your eyes and imagine your wedding dress is an elegant ELIE SAAB design with lots of lace design in a very romantic and feminine style.Ok likewise,The LE PARFUM ELIE SAAB is equally elegant.The scent is simply gorgeous.This EDP is without exception one of the best perfume in the 2011 year.a perfect blend of true class for a real lady. Floral,Sophisticated, Luxurious,Classy,Stylish,Harmonious,Glamorous and Ultra Feminine.

An african orange flower opening is so beautiful it could make the angels weep.the heart is a bouquet of jasmine and rose,the finishing scent is one of warm patchouli and sweet and sensual honey as this mixture evoke modern femininity touched by pure glamour and elegance and it mixes with your body scent to have that lasting soft sensuous and heavenly scent.

LE PARFUM is suitable for a dandy lady who deserve the best and looking for a wonderful floral scent that is not overpowering but yet it is romntic and uplifting.this is for any special moments in Spring/Autumn. there is not other word possible to describe this perfume.heaven in a bottle!

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

7.5/10
24th May, 2015

Add your review of Elie Saab Le Parfum

Shop for Elie Saab Le Parfum products online

Shop for Elie Saab Le Parfum at online perfumeries

Le Parfum Elie Saab Set Women 3.oz Eau De Parfum Spray /2.5 Lotion NIB Sealed.

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 12:18:20 PST
Buy It Now for only: $94.58

Elie Saab Le Parfum for Women by Elie Saab Eau De Parfum Spray 3.0 Oz-NIB

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 12:21:43 PST
Buy It Now for only: $57.10
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Elie Saab Le Parfum Refillable Eau de Parfum Spray - 0.67 oz. (T)

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 13:14:02 PST
Buy It Now for only: $39.99

Elie Saab Le Parfum l'Eau Couture Eau de Toilette 3oz/90ml EDT Spray for Women

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 14:46:57 PST
Buy It Now for only: $128.16
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture Eau de Toilette 1.7oz/50ml EDT Spray for Women

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 14:48:57 PST

Elie Saab Le Parfum Rose Couture EDT Spray 50ml Women's Perfume

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 17:08:41 PST
Buy It Now for only: $64.40
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Le Parfum Elie Saab Rose Couture by Elie Saab Eau De Toilette Spray 1.6 oz For W

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 22:50:33 PST

Le Parfum Rose Couture Elie Saab Edt Spray 1.7 Oz (50 Ml) Womens

End Date: Friday Jan-24-2020 11:19:23 PST
Buy It Now for only: $47.65

Member images of Elie Saab Le Parfum

There are no member images of Elie Saab Le Parfum yet. Why not be the first?

Elie Saab Le Parfum News