51.3N (2009)

About 51.3N

51.3N is a masculine fragrance by Dunhill. The scent was launched in 2009

51.3N fragrance notes

Reviews of 51.3N

Meh! The opening of Dunhill 51.3 N is a conglomerate of cliches from the late 80s masculine perfumery. A mishmash of leftovers from the fougere era, some of the pre-90s woody citruses and something else sweet. It considerably improves during the middle-phase and the drydown where it gets closer to certain classic vanilla-driven Guerlain masculines…only tremendously cheaper both in texture and quality. Ok, it's not as bad as I make it sound but it's still far from being remarkable.
21st April, 2015
Rhubarb in the 51.3 N is ok, although it could be better, sourer and have a bit more punch in it. Main thing is that it's not horribly artificial. I get the peppery and citrusy notes and I like them but, in the end, the sweet woody base makes it very boring. 51.3 N is not a bad fragrance but it certainly is completely unoffensive and, under all the pepper and rhubarb, a quite unimaginative. Maybe I'm just not a sweet woody type of guy, I don't know. It's a shame, really, because I really wanted to like this because of the rhubarb.
28th August, 2014 (last edited: 10th December, 2014)
I like this.
Initial blast is pencil shavings and milk chocolate.
This could easily fit into one of Thierry Mugler's creations. It is somewhere between the 'Pure' series and Ice Men. So gourmand is right...kinda caramel like with a hint of something medicinal. Drydown shows quite a bit of vanilla.
Longevity is about 5 hours for me, which is not good enough. But it resprays well.
15th April, 2013
What can I say, RHUBARB RHUBARB RHUBARB! I went for a blind buy as I used to like Dunhill when they did masculine fragrances and this one had some had decent reviews. I am getting rhubarb and grapefruit in abundance and sandalwood on the drydown. Unfortunately it's lacking in pepper and has no other noticeable woody notes to give any depth to the rhubarb blandness. It has got fairly good longevity and stays on my skin all day, projection is 3-4 hours. But to my senses, not very pleasant and not at all masculine. The only good thing about it is the chunky bottle. Mine ended up on an auction site.
20th January, 2013
CoL Show all reviews
This is the best Dunhill by P&G ever. It really is something you need to try for yourself as it's really quite a change from the run of the mill scents. Adore the sharp quite green rhubarb note which keeps it's green freshness all the way to the base. I think that's why they use rhubarb in this as it's known to be a fresh element that doesn't fade. Very nice stuff, doesn't smell in your face synthetic either although I presume it probably will be but it is executed very well!
25th June, 2012
A great men's frag. Fruity, smoky and spicy, also fresh. Longevity and sillage OK. A good addition to the Dunhill range.
27th February, 2012

Add your review of 51.3N

Shop for 51.3N products online

Search Amazon for 51.3N

Member images of 51.3N

There are no member images of 51.3N yet. Why not be the first?