Incense Oud

Average Rating: 4

Based on 66 ratings

Incense Oud Fragrance Notes

Incense Oud information

Incense Oud is a unisex fragrance by By Kilian.

Shop for Incense Oud products online

50ml EdP

Reviews of Incense Oud

Showing 1 to 6 of 19 reviews.
    positive 11 Positive Reviewsneutral9 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Buzzlepuff's avatar

The opening is bold with a slap in the face of patchouli fueled frankincense dark woods with a serious attitude of tar stained wood aroma that is a bit too bold for me to enjoy. I like this opening smell but I wouldn't want to live with for too long as it has a very stern and serious tone that reminds me of black freshly polished boots and an "at arms!" command. This assertive dark incense passes on quickly into an entirely different register of fragrance. One that is warm spice sandalwood with a slight incense note spritzed with cardamom, pink pepper and holding a radiant form powered by a gentle rose and geranium civility. Incense Oud, at the one hour stage smells quite similar to TDC Oud Shamash at this point and is my favorite part of the fragrance. There are several things I don't smell in this "oud" and the first is oud. Unlike Oud Shamash where the oud note is noticeable, Incense Oud never reveals its oud namesake. I also do not detect a leading rose note even though it is listed, rose is definitely not a star player here. This fragrance settles into a smooth warm spice, sandalwood and incense woods fragrance. It softens considerably from its opening but lingers in the background for hours. This is a very nice fragrance. I can not think of it as an oud scent but it definitely fits into the Incense category and smells very similar to a fine quality sandalwood incense stick. Thumbs up! 3.5 / 5 rating!

04th December, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

Kilian Hennessy does Montale. Seriously. With its bold, simple arrangement of medicinal oudh, frankincense, and heavy, heady rose, Incense Oud inhabits the same territory that Montale has covered for decades. Iíll let more sophisticated noses judge the relative quality of By Kilianís and Montaleís oudhs, but in terms of style, Incense Oud isnít far removed from Black Aoud, Royal Aoud, or Aoud Damascus. Thatís perhaps because the incense that might otherwise distinguish the By Kilian takes a back seat to the potent oudh-and-rose accord. As oudh and rose in league so often do, Incense Oud projects potently and with very little change for quite a few hours before breaking off into a labdanum-heavy animalic amber drydown. The wearing experience is very pleasant, and I have no trouble recommending Incense Oud to anyone in search of an uninhibited unisex oudh and rose fragrance, except perhaps for one caveat: through its pricing policy, By Kilian achieves the impossible by making Montaleís oudhs look like bargains. Try this, but try Black Aoud or Royal Aoud too while youíre at it.

17th June, 2014

ClaireV's avatar

Ireland Ireland

Beautiful. With a few caveats:

1. It is quite similar to Tauer's Incense Extreme (with perhaps a smidge of Incense Rose), at least to my nose. Given that I have a 10ml bottle of Incense Rose and a 2ml sample of Incense Extreme, I am feeling a bit relieved that I don't feel the need to rush out and pay ridiculous money for this (the price, yikes...)

2. I sprayed it onto the back on my hand liberally, and half an hour later, I have to push my nose right into my skin to perceive it at all. It could be that I am projecting it like mad and am simply not aware of it, so I will test it again in the office and ask if anyone can smell me.

3. For the glorious half hour that I could smell this perfume, I did get the impression that the oud here is a particularly delicate and smooth thing, not something too rough and loud like some ouds can be. That may be a plus or a minus, depending on your preferences. But I must point out that in smoothing down and refining the oud like this, it not only demonstrates the skill and taste of the perfumer himself but also necessarily takes out a bit of the complexity of real oud, and its unpredictability.

But caveats aside, a lovely, lovely thing, and I would have no problem wearing this every day were someone to give me a bottle of it!

17th May, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

It does what its name suggests. Oud and incense. A bed of resin, spices, smoke, flowers, even a note of tea to me, but finally it all comes to oud and incense. Clear, clever, pleasant and really well-balanced. It would be a better scent if it had some more projection and persistency.

28th January, 2014 (Last Edited: 05th April, 2014)

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Opens forcefully as a somewhat typical Middle Eastern spiced frankincense concoction: a bit thrusting but definitely knowing its mind, and with a square cut to its jaw thatís sexy in an in your face kind of way.
    As Incense Oud matures on skin the progression is towards a somewhat sourish (almost fermented) rose note (faint echoes of Lyric woman) bolstered with soft spices, of which cardamom is the most prominent with its milk-chai-and-soap familiarity. The incense fades ever so gradually over the hours as this somewhat turned rose accord takes its place at the core of this creation. The oud is here only in name Ė for shame.

03rd December, 2013

mccann690's avatar

Review by mccann690

Find this to be very light and close to the skin not what i was expecting from an incense Oud combo i does smell nice but not great would not buy a bottle of this would be very good for a formal wearing but can think of better Colognes at half the price of this one for that situation over all the worst of the Arabian Knight Collection IMO

Pros: Classy
    Cons: Poor Projection"

28th October, 2013