Eau d'Ikar (2011)

About Eau d'Ikar

Eau d'Ikar is a masculine fragrance by Sisley. The scent was launched in 2011

Eau d'Ikar fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau d'Ikar

The citrus opening blast is quite nice, with a hint of bigarrade-style bitterness initially. The drydown is more mediocre, a floral jasmine-iris combination that leads to rather generic woody vetiver base.

Overall after the too notes it is lol a bit unexciting. Soft sillage, adequate projection and three hours of longevity in my skin. Pleasant on cooler summer days, albeit disappointing overall. 2.5/5
29th January, 2015
The opening of Eau d'Ikar is quite peculiar: notes of nutmeg, bergamot, a bold, sticky, warm rendition of lentiscus which smells halfway castoreum, candied dry fruits and saliva, oak moss (or better said its plain synthetic brother, evernyl), green notes, an aromatic base of spicy woods, quite sweet and warm (sandalwood, vetiver). Then vanilla, perhaps flowers (carnation?), a few spices, and a balsamic breeze all over. At first I did not even notice orris root and carrot, but then they slowly arise becoming after a while the most prominent accord, in a way that from a weird green-fruity-animalic scent it turns into a more ordinary waxy-warm powdery fragrance, where orris and carrot strongly contrast (and finally "win over") lentiscus and the initial fruity-green notes. Overall there is something I don't like here, either the consistency of lentiscus, which is weirdly soft, almost "liquid" in a kind of sickening way to my nose, or the fact that overall the fragrance smells a bit confused. It's basically a lentiscus-green galore which then turns into an iris-carrot powdery scent, with a clumsy and a bit out-of-the-blue transition which I do not appreciate much. Plus, the general quality of the materials (all of them) does not smell particularly good to me, it's all a bit weak and lacking in depth and "substance", but for nowadays' standards that is really not the first concern . I get it's all about my personal feeling so perhaps others may appreciate this – I just find it a bit messy and clumsy.

5,5-6/10
02nd July, 2014
Where's the 'meh' button? I first smelled this when I was living in Lyon back in 2011 and I so wanted it to be more than it is. I wanted it to be innovative, but instead it lacks imagination and takes absolutely no risks. For me, Eau d'Ikar leaves no lasting impression. I read somewhere that this fragrance was ten years in the making. If that is true, I think the scent suffers from over-thinking and compulsive revision --in an effort to make it well rounded and internally consistent, Eau d'Ikar has been edited down to the point where 'tasteful' reads as bland and inert. Also, curiously, this fragrance is almost twice as expensive in the US as it is in France. C'est dommage.
10th March, 2013
Opens with a citric and generic smell, then turns to something woody/sweety and when you begin to smell the base notes, it just disappears. Definetely not worth its price, since there are much better options with a much better price. Thumbs down.
20th November, 2012
I've enjoyed Eau d'Ikar, but I can't help but find it a little dull. It's a really pleasant lemon verbena that lasts all day, with a subtle shimmer of vetiver underneath, all mixed with a creamy resinous smell that's sort of halfway between frankincense (but not as woody) and myrrh (but not as vinegar-ish). And that's about it. Lemony, resinous, and creamy with subtle hints of wood. I like the smell, but I kept wishing it would do something, like break out into woods or a nice chypre base or something to give it some movement.

Anyway, thumbs up for the pleasant smell, but I don't need a bottle of this...
13th November, 2012
Marais Show all reviews
An enjoyable ménage à trois, comprising a very tart citrus, a dry, chalky iris and resinous pine. Once the citrus top notes fade it smells more coniferous; it skirts a little dangerously with cleaning product associations here, although the iris does a reasonable job of fending those off. Average longevity (6 hrs from 10 sprays). Not the last word in complexity but pleasant all the same, particularly in warm weather. I don't find it at all 'feminine'.
29th June, 2012

Add your review of Eau d'Ikar

Shop for Eau d'Ikar products online

Shop for Eau d'Ikar at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eau d'Ikar

Member images of Eau d'Ikar

There are no member images of Eau d'Ikar yet. Why not be the first?