Yellow Diamond (2011)

About Yellow Diamond

Yellow Diamond is a feminine perfume by Versace. The scent was launched in 2011

Yellow Diamond fragrance notes

Reviews of Yellow Diamond

There are different things that I really like about this fragrance. first of all is the complexity of it.
It may look a simple fragrance but at the same time during the performance of it on the skin changes many times and will keep you entertain and during each level shows different notes to you.

The opening is a tart and juicy lemon scent along with very adorable creamy sweetness and a mellow floral aura in the background. this tart and at the same time creamy sweet lemon scent remind me of a big and lovely lemon pie. when I smell the opening I can't stop thinking about lemon pie and that's the best part of this fragrance for me! fresh, tart, creamy, yummy and very pleasant.

In the mid that tart fresh lemony scent settles down and I can smell fruity pear right beside the lemon and a little stronger floral notes. I can also feel some sort of green feeling which I believe is because of patchouli. it's not in the note break down but I will ensure you it's there and I will tell you why! also in this part scent gets slightly, I'm saying it again slightly clean and kind of soapy because of orange flower but this feeling goes away after around 10 minutes or so. the mid is still fresh and lovely but it has more layers and characters against the opening.

The changes of this fragrance will not end and it will continue during the base.
In the base fresh lemon scent goes completely in the background and pear disappears completely from the scent. in this part scent gets sweeter plus stronger floral notes. this is where patchouli gets stronger and shows it's face completely. the patchouli note gives this sweet floral and fresh scent a damp and almost peppery aroma which is very nice.
The base is OK but it feels very generic to the nose. the opening and the mid were more interesting in my opinion.
Projection is average and longevity is around 4 hours on my skin. very good scent. worth at least checking out!
15th March, 2015 (last edited: 17th March, 2015)
We are surely dealing with a "shampooing pour le corps" sort of aromachemicals based concoction but (despite this element is simply undeniable) I find Yellow Diamond incredibly optimistic, "deliberately cosmetical" and summery. Take it or leave. The note of sharp-watery freesia (supported in its tartness by grapefruit and may be lily and peony) is the central floral theme as flanked effectively by a sort of "inexplicably yellow" accord of citrus and mimosa, all these elements "flying" over a soapy musky base veined by synthetic cedarwood and ambery soap. Yes I detect something fruity (citronellol/melonal) and "fleshy" (a tad figgy, melon veined but basically pear flavoured) provided by a "pear sorbet" synthetic accord. Absolutely fruity musky the dry down but with a surprising twist of floral sophistication (intense neroli/orange blossoms presence) and "sweaty" sensuality (a warm skin-like sort of intensity). The general tartness and an aromatic musky presence (galaxolide) nail down points of connection with the classic Cerruti Pour Homme 1881 (seeming Yellow Diamond ideally like a sort of feminine fruity 1881's version). A joyful unpretentious summery fluid.
10th March, 2015 (last edited: 11th March, 2015)
Yellow Diamond opens with a preset "feminine summer" accord of galaxolide (that round, milky fruit sweetness you find in cheap shampoos), perhaps other aromachemicals providing some tart apple note, citrus, generic woods. Clean and artificial. Boredom at first sniff!

05th July, 2014
Boring and too commercial were the first things that crossed my mind when sniffing the blahness which is Versace Yellow Diamond. Some perfumes that are one-dimensional are masterpieces. Versace Yellow is not, and for the dollars you are expected to part with, is certainly not worth it.
21st February, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Not exciting

Bergamot and orange start fresh but in a mundane way, followed by an equally unexciting floral drydown. That's about all folks, apart from a good longevity of four hours.

05th September, 2013
Mellow Yellow

I went in to purchase "Bright Crystal," unaware that this scent even existed. It was love at first whiff! However, I feel like that's about all I get from this; the scent seems to wear out much more quickly that other parfums I own. This is especially unfortunate as I feel Versace sells a low volume of fragrance for a staggering price. Still trying to decide if I'll replace this YD with a new one or try a new scent, but I'd definitely like something similar. I like to wear this to work functions, professional occasions, or daytime events that call for something light yet distinctive. When the scent is present, I get kudos, that is for sure!

Pros: distribution, originality, mellow, calming, sophisticated
Cons: wears off quickly, does not distribute well"

30th August, 2013

Add your review of Yellow Diamond

Shop for Yellow Diamond products online

Shop for Yellow Diamond at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Yellow Diamond

Member images of Yellow Diamond

There are no member images of Yellow Diamond yet. Why not be the first?