D600 (2010)

D600 information

Year of Launch2010

HouseCarner Barcelona

About D600

D600 is a shared / unisex perfume by Carner Barcelona. The scent was launched in 2010

D600 fragrance notes

Reviews of D600

This has the feel of a classically French, vintage-style perfume. It opens with vanilla & musk, lightly spiced with cardamom & pepper, & accented with subtle citrus notes. As it develops, there's incense, woods & a salty vetiver, & I swear I detect almonds or heliotrope, although these are not listed. At this point it reminds me of Alien Essence Absolue. There's a lot more going on here, but in amongst it, there's a very similarly incensy, almondy, oriental vibe. Ninety minutes in, this impression fades & I find it increasingly animalic & ambery, like a mix of castoreum & labdanum, two notes that I adore. The projection is excellent for several hours, only beginning to fade after ten hours.
I don't get iris here, & I've never smelled Dior Homme, so I can't make the comparison that others have. But I'm pleasantly surprised to find that this is just the kind of warm, sensual, animalic comfort scent that's right up my street. I'd still like to know what "D600" means, though.
27th January, 2016
Well done semi-fresh, semi-powdery, semi-sweet structure. The iris turned down to an acceptable level. I love this one.
21st January, 2016
Slight dischord

This smells to me like when I try to combine a vanilla or tonka type oil with a nice sharp fresh citrus.

I think to myself, yes! It's going to be great...

But no!

There appears to be an olfactory gap between creamy and sharp, like the 'Fresh' has been muted way down.

After a short while all I get is a sort of 'slack' vanilla that doesn't hold my interest.

A touch of wood. Also creamed by the vanilla though.

I do not Tally Dior Homme or Intense one bit.

Tardes for me is Carner's best.

My opionions of course

25th October, 2013
Spicy/vanillic and woody.
The resemblance with DHI is undeniable as well as the differences are easy to be here underlined: first of all there is no trace of cocoa in the Carner one and this is not a forgettable stuff, the peppery presence is notable by soon in the D600's composition (as well as the eathy vetiver/citrus evolution) and this element gives the initial deceptive impression about a more stressed powdery vibe around. While the DHI's dry down is stronger on iris, is musky/ambery (ambrette with the cocoa standout effect) under my nose and with an absolutely detectable pear presence, the base in D600 is more properly vanillic (a woody/spicy brown vanilla). This juice posseses a clear vetiver influence and a more determined humid fruity feel along the trip (especially on the top). D600 is a nice scent (probably more complex than Dior Homme Intense) but is one of those too much "immediately tasty and appealing" juices i use to be skeptical about. I have to anyway say that there is a certain level of texture and radiant sophistication to be it evalued as a "centered" modern fragrance for the crowd.
Pros: Modern and well combined.
Cons: Common in its floral/vanillic "easy" appeal."</p>
14th September, 2013 (last edited: 28th May, 2014)
Yes the easy lazy explanation is to say niche Dior Homme, and that's exactly what I'm going to say. The only thing missing from this that Dior Homme has is the leather note. And to me I can really notice that its missing. I also notice more citrus in Dior Homme. I prefer D600 though. It is "feminine" just like Dior Homme is considered, but that doesn't matter to me.
21st January, 2013
Jubal Show all reviews
Quickly risen to the top of my list. Quality ingredients masterfully put together, for an iris and woods lover this is a must try. Not sweet and not too dry, the pepper kicks it into the stratasphere. Terrific longevity and beautiful sillage, always get compliments. Totally unisex too.
14th October, 2011

Add your review of D600

Shop for D600 products online

Search Amazon for D600

Member images of D600

There are no member images of D600 yet. Why not be the first?